PDA

View Full Version : Chicago area "Pumps only" meet at Fox River Games, July 4

Tyger
06-24-2004, 12:26 AM
I know, I know, July 4th, but, it's something interesting to do.

Fox River Games has what they call real free days (http://www.foxpaintball.com/Paintball_Park/Events_Calendar/FREE_DAYS/free_days.html). You buy 300 paintballs ($18) and admission is free. And you can BYOP if you like. I've talked to the field manager, Jim, and he's assured me that if we can get 10 pumpers there, we'll have a field all to ourselves if we want it.

SO! July 4th, Real Free Day. They have pump rentals available (FREE ON REAL FREE DAYS!!!)

Here's the deal. We can get our own field, OR we can play with the masses as well. We can play some of the day with the "big boys", then go play on our own and have fun. Possibly convert a lot of people to pump play. Can you imagine trying to get a 50 on 50 pump game going on the fly?

So, who's in?

-Tyger

slasherdan
06-24-2004, 09:53 AM
I won't have my Houndstooth back by then ...

But maybe ..... Hmmmm .....

tasker89
06-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Playing on the 4th makes it hard...

I might be able to get down for some games in the morning...but BBQ and fireworks will be calling my name as the sun goes down. :headbang:

My old piranha will require some work beforehand as well. Count me in as a tentative. :rofl:

TDonovan
06-24-2004, 12:25 PM
I'll probably be there. I'm also glad we can form our own group. The cheating in open games is bad enough, but on free days they don't even bother hiding the fact that they wipe. I've had to shoot some of my own team just to get them to leave the field.

Can't wait to play some pump!

Tyger
06-24-2004, 02:09 PM
The nice thing is that we don't need to pre-register or reserve it. If we've got 10 people, we can just go play. That's the cool part.

-Tyger

spantol
06-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Hmm. I might be able to swing this, at least for the early part of the day.

TDonovan
06-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Okay, I checked my schedule and I'll definitely be there with the phantom.

Tyger
06-30-2004, 12:38 AM
cool cool!

Even if we don't get enough pumpers (the response has been, to my surprise, underwhelming on the e-mail front) bring the biug guns, we'll go whump some foos. :shooting:

But I think we can get a few pump players out there. Ya think?

-Tyger

TDonovan
06-30-2004, 11:25 AM
Hopefully... Haha, but at this point the big gun IS my phantom. I just dont like using the tippmann the way it is now. Even with the added firepower I get from it, I play a lot worse than I would with my phantom.

I'll see if I can't get my friends to use the rental pumps, but they are very unreliable and probably won't show up anyways.

slasherdan
06-30-2004, 11:43 AM
I haven't gotten my pump back from Palmer and I think the 4th weekend is really off limits for me at this time.

TDonovan
07-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Sorry Tyger, I accidentally slept in too late and wasn't even close to ready to hop into the car and go.

:( Hope you had fun though!

Tyger
07-05-2004, 02:59 PM
I was the only pumper out there. :(

Had a bad day. You know, those days you couldn't fall outta a boat and hit WATER? Yeah, one of those. Ahh well, There's always another weekend...

-Tyger

TDonovan
07-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Sorry to hear that, and sorry for not showing up.

I'm going to try and pull my friends away from their beds this comming weekend to go play at fox. And if that doesn't seem like a good idea to them, I may try and go to PBshooter's new Wednesday (6pm-10pm BYOP $15 admission) adult swim.

It's 18yo players and up, but exceptions can be made (17yo's can go :headbang: ). I haven't gone there since they got the new bunkers, and I've heard the field layout has improved a LOT because of it. Regardless, I'll be playing in the snake as often as possible.