PDA

View Full Version : DYE's new trigger frame

FeelTheRT
10-14-2001, 08:02 AM
Well, sorry to get you all excited but this is for Cockers only :). But for Cocker owners, this is awsome! DYE made a swing trigger of thier own. Looks sorta like the AGD Intelliframe if you ask me...

http://www.linkline.com/personal/msb23x/images/dyeframe/mvc-003f.jpg

http://www.linkline.com/personal/msb23x/images/dyeframe/mvc-004f.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.linkline.com/personal/msb23x/images/dyeframe/mvc-005f.jpg

http://www.linkline.com/personal/msb23x/images/dyeframe/mvc-006f.jpg

shartley
10-14-2001, 08:11 AM
Well, since the biggest part visually is the DYE grips, it SHOULD look a bit like AGD’s IntelliFrame. ;)

With that said, I have to say that it looks a bit like taking the IntelliFrame and banging it with a hammer to get the actual frame warped out of shape. They can keep it. I personally think the IntelliFrame is MUCH nicer.

On a lighter note…. Hey, those guys at PBNATION sure can take a picture of floorboards can’t they? It is about the only thing they can actually get in FOCUS. :D

Bigzamboni
10-14-2001, 11:05 AM
I think the Eclipse pivot frames look better than the DYE, Shocktech and WGP ones.

FeelTheRT
10-14-2001, 11:56 AM
ya i think the Eclipes still looks better. The Shocktech ones are just completly ghetto. The WGP ones seem abit taller..

PAINTBALLA01
10-14-2001, 12:46 PM
theif! that looks like the intelliframe

InfinatyBPS
10-14-2001, 01:59 PM
me want. Know the MSRP? I am looking for some kind of pivot frame for my cocker but I am still deciding which to get. Does it come in chrome? Right now I am probably going to get the WGP one cause it comes in chrome and the shocktech ones are completely ghetto looking.

RobAGD
10-14-2001, 06:30 PM
Well the bad part if the Elclipse frame is the nicest look but the worst working of teh 3 that are curently out

The shocktech works the best and look the most ghetto and the WGP works well but its kinda blah.

Ill have them soon because Todd is a bit of a Dye whore.

-Robert

FeelTheRT
10-14-2001, 07:43 PM
awsome.

DjGruv
10-14-2001, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by RobAGD
Well the bad part if the Elclipse frame is the nicest look but the worst working of teh 3 that are curently out

-Robert
Funny. According to the people in the Cocker forum the Eclipse works the best. Not to mention the trigger is adjustable.

E-Mag man
10-15-2001, 06:57 AM
I'm pretty sure that the WGP is adjustable too, I should be getting mine as soon as 888paintball gets it in

st6212
10-15-2001, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by RobAGD

The shocktech works the best and look the most ghetto and the WGP works well but its kinda blah.

Ill have them soon because Todd is a bit of a Dye whore.

-Robert

Uhhh....I don't know where you got that info from. But in the Cocker world it's pretty much Eclipse all the way.

I bought a Eclipse frame for my friend from G3 and all I can say is...it is awesome. Can easily take on an RT in fire rate, even surpass it. A friend of ours bought in the WGP version, he was already boasting about it before he got it.
One day he came to the field with his new WGP frame, he wasn't boasting anymore when he saw the Eclipse frame in action that day ;)

I can tell you now, I don't know what you mean by it being the worst working, but the one I got for my friend worked perfectly, no side-to-side slop, can adjust the trigger pull, feels real comfortable, especially with the DYE grips, very easy to setup and comes with everything you need.

Eclipse are easily the best cocker frames available. As for the DYE....what's all this about them copying the intelliframe???
Dye have had that design/shape for their frames for ages, WAAAAY before the intelliframe was even thought of.

Gambit1106
10-15-2001, 09:46 AM
The worst thing on the shocktech is that the trigger gaurd looks like the took an coat hanger and bent it into shape.

FeelTheRT
10-15-2001, 12:48 PM
WGP $84.50

http://www.g3pb.com/product_images/cocker/wgp_pivot_chrome.gif

Shocktech $84.50

http://www.g3pb.com/product_images/shocktech/st_p_frame_blk.gif

Eclipse $110

http://www.g3pb.com/product_images/cocker/ecl_p_frame_sil.gif

kickass68mag
10-15-2001, 02:52 PM
the eclipse looks the best, love chrome !

Muzikman
10-15-2001, 03:24 PM
Can easily take on an RT in fire rate, even surpass it.

Can that statement be true? the problem is, all you are changing on the cocker is the trigger, nothing else. So..how does putting a pivot trigger on a cocker make it shoot faster than an RT? Now, I love pivot triggers and could not shoot a sliding trigger to save my life. But just adding the pivot trigger does not make it shoot any faster, it's all in a persons finger. That trigger is still moving a 4way that is actuating a ram, that has not changed.

E-Mag man
10-15-2001, 05:51 PM
where can i buy one of the Eclipse frames?

FeelTheRT
10-15-2001, 06:29 PM
g3pb

Flamebo
10-15-2001, 06:54 PM
I think the old DYE's looked better, but this has a nifty pull on it.

thei3ug
10-15-2001, 09:40 PM
1) it looks nothing like the intelliframe.

2) it looks like a cross between the old dye mag frames and the bushmaster frame.

3) it's STILL ugly.

MajorDamage
10-15-2001, 11:03 PM
The trigger is all funky looking, In a bad way :).

ENDO!

st6212
10-16-2001, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Muzikman

Can that statement be true? the problem is, all you are changing on the cocker is the trigger, nothing else. So..how does putting a pivot trigger on a cocker make it shoot faster than an RT? Now, I love pivot triggers and could not shoot a sliding trigger to save my life. But just adding the pivot trigger does not make it shoot any faster, it's all in a persons finger. That trigger is still moving a 4way that is actuating a ram, that has not changed.

It's not just the trigger. You also get with the eclipse frame a new trigger plate and a set of springs to go with it.

The trigger is also VERY light, in that you barely even feel any force against your pull. But most importantly, your cocker must also be able to keep up with the eclipse frame. So parts like the shockteck bomb, RAT or tornado valve, micro-rock are the things to look at.

Unless you've actually played with one, you won't know. Same can be said about the retro-valve, people won't know just how excellent it is from the normal mag until they've actually played with it.

thei3ug
10-16-2001, 07:37 AM
st63234, you just dug your own grave... but I'll save you before Rob speaks again.

changing parts does not change the action of the gun.

putting a new 4-way, ram, and reg will not change how it will keep up with the "frame" either.

ultimately YOUR FINGER decides how fast it goes. the interface just makes it more comfortable or less. not faster or slower.

RiceRocket
10-16-2001, 09:20 AM
For anyone interested, Shocktech will be releasing a new 2X pivot frame for Cockers. I saw the final prototype this past weekend at BBT. It doesn't look ghetto like the last one, it has a real trigger gaurd and an awesome looking trigger shoe,IMHO. For the sake of not wanting to get flamed b/c some may think I'm biased, that's all I'll say until they come out.

Sorry to the moderators, I'm not trying to plug Shocktech, just thought I'd let people know there are other options.