PDA

View Full Version : E Cockers?

ghideon
06-24-2004, 02:34 PM
I had an opportunity to play with one of these last week. Very slick. I'm seriously considering getting one, cause I've always wanted to learn how they work. Anyone have any suggestions? Browsing around WGP's site, looks like they have three current models (NightKast, Karnivore, and Superstock).

Worst thing about Cockers (for me at least) is there are so many upgrades out there, I don't know what's what. Any helpful hints?

coolcatpete
06-24-2004, 02:36 PM
The superstock is great. It is cheap fast and awsome. It gives you a good base to start on.
Pete

WenULiVeUdiE
06-24-2004, 02:49 PM
The Superstock is WGP's base Worrbladed marker. It's just a stock 04 vert with an installed Worrblade. As previosuly stated, it's a great base to start off of and upgrade. The Nightkast is their middle of the line Worrbladed marker. Has some better pnuematics, internals, and inline reg. But the Karnivore is top of the line. Some of the best parts available for cockers come on it stock. If you looks to spend around 650, but you dont want a SS(superstock) buy used. You can find some great deals when you look for used ones.

When you say "I dont know what's what", do you mean you know nothing about cockers, or you just know a little and need some guidance along the way? Hope this helps.

ghideon
06-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the info.

I've played with Cockers, have a little understanding on how they work, but the upgrade path(s) seem confusing to me. At least compared with 'Mags. PBgear has Nighkasts on sale for $750, so I'm guessing the extra $100 over a Superstock would be well worth it. But the Karnivores are very good looking.

Also, I'm assuming these things come out of the box tuned for low pressure HPA? I know cockers can run on high pressure...

WenULiVeUdiE
06-24-2004, 03:00 PM
You can use a LP system, but an HP would be better. Typically you want the output of the tank about 200 psi greater then what the gun runs at. A LP system is a little to close, a HP system is recomended.

As for the upgrade paths, they can seem confusing to some one in your position. Basically if you dont like something about your cocker, you can upgrade it so it fits your standards.

For an extra 100, definately get the Nightkast. It will save you time and money. Comes with some much better and nicer parts then the SS.

If you have aim and still have questions, you can ask me, I may just know. My sn is wenuliveudie if you have it and want to chat.

Adrenaline_Junkie
06-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Id just get a Free Flow autococker. Out of all of the ones ive used they are the best IMO. I just bought a Raced FF Lotus and its amazing.

can'tthink of1
06-24-2004, 04:20 PM
If you look on pbn you can find some very sick eblades for cheap. cocker prices have really gone down of late...

Used is the best way right now, for 750 or whatever the nitekast is you can get some really sick custom eblades.

vf-xx
06-24-2004, 04:34 PM
E cockers: I just bought a used Raced cocker and I'm very happy with it. It has break beam eyes, whereas the WorrBlade and EBlade have reflective eyes.

I'd reccomend getting a WorrBlade over Eblade just because service is in the US, not overseas.

Race is kinda nice cause you can adjust everything from your computer, but meh.

ghideon
06-24-2004, 04:42 PM
Thanks for all the help.

The Karnivore is lookin nicer and nicer, and I'm fiddling with the cocker builder on Freeflow's site. Very fun.

What's the difference btw an Elade and a Worrblade?

Adrenaline_Junkie
06-24-2004, 05:08 PM
The karnivore is a really nice gun but id still have to say go with a Raced FF cocker. The Race is awesome and FF has a lifetime warrenty on there guns so you can get any new part that comes out for free.

I think the diff between the E and Worrblade is that the worrblade comes with a bolt and stuff and has a more room for gloved hands. Who cares though Race is better :D

coolcatpete
06-24-2004, 05:11 PM
What's the difference btw an Elade and a Worrblade?
The worrblade has a built in rail and a double trigger, and the E-blade only has a blade trigger. They are basically the same thing except triggers and the built in rail.
pete

FallNAngel
06-24-2004, 05:19 PM
If you look on pbn you can find some very sick eblades for cheap. cocker prices have really gone down of late...

Used is the best way right now, for 750 or whatever the nitekast is you can get some really sick custom eblades.

I agree. Look on ebay as well. I *ALMOST* bid on an ebladed cocker, just because it was so damn cheap and what it had:

Red STO Body
Black Palmer Stabilizer
Nickel Palmer Rock
Angel threaded clamping feedneck
EBlade
Worrblade bolt
CP Barrel
not sure what ram...

went for $393 :eek:

angelbeast24
06-24-2004, 05:48 PM
i own a eblade ff lotus and this thign mows the muppets def look into gettin one of those

louie
06-24-2004, 05:54 PM
E cockers: I just bought a used Raced cocker and I'm very happy with it. It has break beam eyes, whereas the WorrBlade and EBlade have reflective eyes.

I'd reccomend getting a WorrBlade over Eblade just because service is in the US, not overseas.

Race is kinda nice cause you can adjust everything from your computer, but meh.

Eclipse has multiple certified techs in the US. The main Eclipse center is in Rhode Island but there is also Hammertimepaintball.com and Tanner, I don't know his site but he's on PBNation. Hammer and Tanner are Eclipse techs, they travel to the tourneys to work at the Eclipse booth.

Also, there is nothing wrong with reflective eyes. I've never had a problem with my eblade's eye and I've had it since Dec. 2003. I think most eyes seem "broken" because most people play around with their settings right away and then blame the gun when it doesn't work properly.

vf-xx
06-24-2004, 05:59 PM
Eclipse has multiple certified techs in the US. The main Eclipse center is in Rhode Island but there is also Hammertimepaintball.com and Tanner, I don't know his site but he's on PBNation. Hammer and Tanner are Eclipse techs, they travel to the tourneys to work at the Eclipse booth.

Also, there is nothing wrong with reflective eyes. I've never had a problem with my eblade's eye and I've had it since Dec. 2003. I think most eyes seem "broken" because most people play around with their settings right away and then blame the gun when it doesn't work properly.

Didn't know about the techs.

I wasn't trying to knock the eyes. Just stating the difference.

ronin
06-24-2004, 07:55 PM
id say get whatever is in you price range ( i like wgp products ) i would sugest getting csomething like the ss or knightkast but you should really take the time to learn how they work befor getting any upgrades just so you can mace your own dissitions on what is a "good" upgrade i personaly stick with wgp products ( i like the looks of the parts and they have been real relible for me)

andreb
06-24-2004, 10:26 PM
A friend of mine just bought a used e-blade on ebay for US$450. Barrel was not included but it was a red 2k3 with:

e-blade
derlin bolt and pin
the nylon hammer thing
Eclipse rex dialer kit
Eclipse ram with quev's
Palmer Rock
Orracle HPR
some mini drop with on/off

I thought it was a very good deal

André

FSU_Paintball
06-25-2004, 10:42 AM
I dunno... these days I'm kind of inclined to go with a different marker, just because eblades aren't quite as fast and can't take such a beating.

But if you're still interested... I'll sell you mine for $1000

(because it would take at least that much to pry it away from me) :D

Anyways... if you're really interested in one, go used... I personally would want one that has a delrin bolt, the ACE installed, and a fast ram with QEVs among other things. I'd look for a used cocker that is a high-end cocker with a race or eblade frame on it... like a Works, Free-Flow, CCM, Evo, etc... that sort of thing.

sneakyhacker420
06-25-2004, 11:25 AM
i'm not trying to be a propaganda whore or sorts, but i'll sell you the cocker in my sig if you'd like

2k3 body
e-blade w/ custom trigger
.44 ram
micro rock
evil valve
orracle bolt
black magic reg (not in pic)
(but no barrel)