PDA

View Full Version : WTF ("want to find" not "what the....") strange custom part ;)

TheTramp
06-24-2004, 02:53 PM
I've just finished putting together a Sniper2. I've got a quick changer I can screw into my ASA but it's a vert feed and to make it "stock" I need an adaptor for tubes. Here's what I was thinking...

I don't have a problem with the 10 round tube sticking straight up in the air but unfortunatly after trying it out, I found that the tubes are too small to simply push into the vert feed.

What would it take to make basicly an insert that will go into the vert feed and allow a 10 round tube to be inserted verticaly. I think it should be easy but I've never seen one.

I don't want to have to take off the feed to switch back and forth between stock and non-stock so I'm not interested in a complete new feed.

Blazestorm
06-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Find a cocker-threaded "warpfeed" adapter, get some 1" PVC pipe, have one piece go 90* (could even get bad_dog's 90* warp adapter) then stick a PVC tube in there the length you want... cut it and then you could weild something like on the phantoms with 2-3 prongs sticking out to prevent the balls from falling out.

Have fun and GL

ojhspyro89
06-24-2004, 02:59 PM
You could machine one out of aluminum if you have access to a lathe and calipers.

I could do it but im not the machinist my dad is. All you would need to do is make a bushing. take the ID of the feedneck and the OD of the tubes. Then go to a machine shop or something and have them make you one out of aluminum. Its up to you how u get it to fit in the feedneck without moving tho.

TheTramp
06-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Find a cocker-threaded "warpfeed" adapter, get some 1" PVC pipe, have one piece go 90* (could even get bad_dog's 90* warp adapter) then stick a PVC tube in there the length you want... cut it and then you could weild something like on the phantoms with 2-3 prongs sticking out to prevent the balls from falling out.

Have fun and GL

Unfortunatly that would mean that I couldn't just pull the whole thing out of my vert feed and slap a hopper on there.

You could machine one out of aluminum if you have access to a lathe and calipers.

I could do it but im not the machinist my dad is. All you would need to do is make a bushing. take the ID of the feedneck and the OD of the tubes. Then go to a machine shop or something and have them make you one out of aluminum. Its up to you how u get it to fit in the feedneck without moving tho.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. A bushing !!! :)

I could have o-ring grooves milled into it if I made it out of Al and that should take care of it falling out of the feed. Just making the top nice and snug should keep the 10 tubes in there.

I was however thinking of someing inexpensive made out of plastic.

I'd need to get this made for me as I don't have access to a machine shop. :(

Perhaps If I found a block of plastic like material I could try to carve one.

OysterBoy
06-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Want a real good one, with spring and everything, just get a Zeus (or similar) 'Magazine', its the attachment for zeus's to play stock class, just mod that onto the body/feedneck.

TheTramp
06-24-2004, 04:05 PM
Want a real good one, with spring and everything,

That's just it; I just want to be able to plug the 10 round tubes vertically into the feed. I can certainly see wanting/needing a spring is the tube is horizontal but I'm just going with gravity.

Thanks for the idea though. :)

ojhspyro89
06-24-2004, 04:10 PM
PVC would be adaquit for the application.

Thats funny i have about 8 inches sitting in my kitchin from my piston gun thats left over. I could make you the fitting but i dont no when my dad could do it and i need excact measurements and such. I could stick orings and such on it too. AIM me ojhspyro89 or something and well talk bout it.

TheTramp
06-24-2004, 04:15 PM
PVC would be adaquit for the application.

Thats funny i have about 8 inches sitting in my kitchin from my piston gun thats left over. I could make you the fitting but i dont no when my dad could do it and i need excact measurements and such. I could stick orings and such on it too. AIM me ojhspyro89 or something and well talk bout it.

Ok, cool. I believe I could send you both a Vertical feed and a 10 round tube so you could have them and not have to go by mesurments alone.

my AIM is cbiegel749 but I'm normally on MSN (same SN).

XbeasleyX
06-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Why not use a few set-screws to hold the bushing in place - then when you use your hopper you have a secure grip as well. just my $.02

BlackHalo
06-24-2004, 04:55 PM
I might be wrong but doesn't 'stock class' require you to have the feed parallel to the barrel? a la 'rock n cock' ? no gravity feeds.

If so, you could use one of these - http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/images/misc/Stocker-tube-pc.jpg

Fits on 7/8" left or right hand feedtube guns. A removable clamp holds the tube securely. Can be adapted to center feeds

mxracer33x
06-24-2004, 04:56 PM
How about a $35 Palmers Part? About 2/3 way down page is an adapter to do just what you want. Palmers Catalog (http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/catalog/catalog.htm)

Its called the Stocker Tube

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/images/misc/Stocker-tube-pc.jpg

Hope this helps.

Edit: Damn beat by a few seconds by Black HAlo ;)

TheTramp
06-24-2004, 05:00 PM
Unfortunatly that part wont let me do what I want. They do look like nice systems however.

I'm not going to be playing in true stock class tournaments or anything so if there is a rule against letting a tube empty verticaly it wont be a problem.

space_weazel_45
06-24-2004, 08:22 PM
You inspired me…. I hit up Loews and found that a ˝”non-threaded female TO ľ” threaded male PVC adapter is quite a nice fit for both the feed cup and the 10rnd tubes, maybe a little sanding and a paper shim epoxy’ed in place and it would be perfect and cost about $.30 I could make it for you but that seems a little silly

good luck

Polish
06-24-2004, 09:29 PM
Copper tube.

space_weazel_45
06-24-2004, 10:54 PM
just finished one for my mag
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/4000/Dscn12459958_rs.jpg
up close
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/4000/Dscn12466051_rs.jpg

pics hosted thanks to www.jayloo.com

TheTramp
06-24-2004, 11:41 PM
You inspired me…. I hit up Loews and found that a ˝”non-threaded female TO ľ” threaded male PVC adapter is quite a nice fit for both the feed cup and the 10rnd tubes, maybe a little sanding and a paper shim epoxy’ed in place and it would be perfect

DUDE!!!! That looks perfect! I'll try it out after a little trip to Home Depo. :D

1/2" non-threaded female to 3/4" threaded male....got it! I will also post some pics once I try it out and do a little work to make it perfect.

Thanks again man. :headbang:

space_weazel_45
06-24-2004, 11:44 PM
i aim to please :dance: hehehehe

i like how a lot of people chose not to read what it was you aksed about. :tard:

Blazestorm
06-24-2004, 11:53 PM
I understood what he wanted, I just thought a stock-class style would be easier to load and overall a better idea...

If that's what you wanted, well there you go :D

I thought you wanted a stock-class style feed :p