PDA

View Full Version : Buying first automag, a few questions (a bit long)

davep18
10-14-2001, 10:53 AM
Hi all (sorry that its so long),

I've been playing paintball a few years now and am looking to upgrade my M98. My roomates have Autocockers and I've watched them have nothing but trouble with the timing, I also get a kick out of how they seem spring new leaks once tthey fix the old one. Another friend has an automag and I really liked it when I shot it.

Here are my questions about the gun:
1. I am going to run it on Nitrogen, do I need to buy any new internals for it? (ie. springs, etc)

2. I know about the A.I.R. reg that is built in but I have a pretty nice Messiah regulator that I'd hate to see collecting dust, should I use it instead of a gas through foregrip, or will this hurt the markers performance more than it helps? I'd really hate to waste my $100 reg.

3. Microline? Macroline? Steel hose with quick disconnects? If I went with the steel hose I'd need to run from my drop forward to the foregrip\2ndary reg and from the foregrip\2ndary reg to the gas inlet. So I'd need to buy 2 lengths of the steel hose if I went that route. About how long should the hose be from the foregrip\2ndary reg to the gas inlet on automag?

4. Powertube spacers, do they have any substantial benifit or should I save the ~15 they will cost me?

5. Will the grip frame accept Dye sticky grips or do I need to buy a new frame? I ask this because my M98 has a .45 frame but won't accept Dye Sticky grips that easily.

Thanks so much for reading this far and I look forward to your replies.

David

:p :p

Cha0tic
10-14-2001, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by davep18

1. I am going to run it on Nitrogen, do I need to buy any new internals for it? (ie. springs, etc)

no, your mag will run just fine with its stock internals and HPA.

2. I know about the A.I.R. reg that is built in but I have a pretty nice Messiah regulator that I'd hate to see collecting dust, should I use it instead of a gas through foregrip, or will this hurt the markers performance more than it helps? I'd really hate to waste my $100 reg.

you can run a 3rd regulator on your setup, but you may expirience shootdown when you shoot fast. try it, and if you have any problems, just take it off.

3. Microline? Macroline? Steel hose with quick disconnects? If I went with the steel hose I'd need to run from my drop forward to the foregrip\2ndary reg and from the foregrip\2ndary reg to the gas inlet. So I'd need to buy 2 lengths of the steel hose if I went that route. About how long should the hose be from the foregrip\2ndary reg to the gas inlet on automag?

i would go with macroline because it has the same flow as a steel hose, and is much easier to work with. you can just buy a macroline kit, then cut it to your desired lengths to fit from your tank to foregrip to asa.

4. Powertube spacers, do they have any substantial benifit or should I save the ~15 they will cost me?

you don't need these unless you have certain problems with your gun. save your money.

5. Will the grip frame accept Dye sticky grips or do I need to buy a new frame? I ask this because my M98 has a .45 frame but won't accept Dye Sticky grips that easily.

if you buy a new mag, it will come with an intelliframe. these are .45 frames that come with stickies. most mags have carbon fiber frames that are not .45 frames and will not take stickies.

DarkPhoenix
10-14-2001, 12:09 PM
I agree with Chaotic on everything, save one. I believe, if I am wrong please correct me, that the only marker coming with the new intelliframe stock would be all new production RT Pros.

Load SM5
10-14-2001, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Cha0tic

if you buy a new mag, it will come with an intelliframe. these are .45 frames that come with stickies. most mags have carbon fiber frames that are not .45 frames and will not take stickies. [/B]

I'm not sure that all new mags come with the intelliframe. I thought it was just the RT Pro. I'm pretty sure that mags still come new with the carbon fiber frames.