PDA

View Full Version : Criticize yourself here

Carbon
06-25-2004, 03:12 AM
How critical of yourself are you after a game? I look back and always think ive should of got there faster, snaped quicker shot more or less, talked it up more. I feel i have a pretty mean snap shot, but during the moments i get nailed......humbling regardelss who was on the other end.

ZapTheMad
06-25-2004, 03:14 AM
I never think about it. I just go out and get mowed down again and again :)

Little_Ho
06-25-2004, 03:21 AM
I have nothing to think about it... On the last Game ive been shoot out after 5min...

But i never complain about it... It is just fun to get shoot sometimes and much more fun to shoot somebody else...

Little_Ho

Skoad
06-25-2004, 03:24 AM
I'm more critical of people on my team. I love when you arrive at your bunker to see 8 other people sliding in with you.

Blazestorm
06-25-2004, 03:32 AM
I shot too many people... :(

Z-man
06-25-2004, 03:54 AM
I should have used more paint....

lord1234
06-25-2004, 07:03 AM
i should have worn my contacts!

felony
06-25-2004, 07:09 AM
How critical of yourself are you after a game? I look back and always think ive should of got there faster, snaped quicker shot more or less, talked it up more. I feel i have a pretty mean snap shot, but during the moments i get nailed......humbling regardelss who was on the other end.

all the time man.

When I play well, I just pass it off, but when I play poorly... I cant stop thinking that I let my team down. letting peeps down sucks.. and I hate dont likee beiing that guy..

rkjunior303
06-25-2004, 08:08 AM
I think it's just more along the lines with myself, knowing I should listen to my instincts more... Last time I played I knew I shouldve made for a bunker on the right tape once this guy I was going back and forth with ducked under his bunker. I wouldve had a perfect shot at him from that side and it wasn't that far.. Instead, I hesitated and was going to the next chance I got but someone knocked out our 50 and I ended up getting bunkered by another guy before I got the chance to move.

Stuff like that. Just knowing not to doubt yourself when you are in the middle of it -- your instinct is usually the right decision.

frontrunner
06-25-2004, 09:07 AM
all the time man.

When I play well, I just pass it off, but when I play poorly... I cant stop thinking that I let my team down. letting peeps down sucks.. and I hate dont likee beiing that guy..

yeah thats me, i play alot at Op and they rent alot of guns if i don't do well I always feel I am not pulling my my wieght. the only think i miss about my spyder is the other players tend to look you over more

LittlePaintballBoy
06-25-2004, 09:15 AM
I should have switched to Geico :cry:

coolcatpete
06-25-2004, 09:22 AM
I always replay the games back in my head and I think if I moved there I would have an easy shot or something like that. So yead I do that as well.
pete

bokraham
06-25-2004, 10:13 AM
I shot out a guy in my mirror bunker at the 40. But instead of going to fill it I started shooting at their backman. Someone from the opposing team filled that bunker and shot me out.

brianlojeck
06-25-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm fat and I can't shoot, and I always outrun my support.

but I don't let it bother me. ;-)

FSU_Paintball
06-25-2004, 10:36 AM
I'm f'ing brutal to myself. I HATE it when I make stupid mistakes (which certainly happens fairly often). I get so pissed off at myself!

MaGSkEr
06-25-2004, 10:45 AM
It's done... move on. :clap:

Eskimo Paint Slinger
06-25-2004, 12:45 PM
I dont try to worry about it to much, unless it was a really stupid mistake. What done is done and you should learn from it.

SlipknotX556
06-25-2004, 01:36 PM
I usually just look back at the game and think of what I did wrong, try to correct them in the next game.

Duke Henry
06-25-2004, 02:19 PM
After every game, our team gets together and talks over the game regardless of win/loss/stalemate. Those unlucky enough to find themselves in the deadbox have to really contribute here, since they usually have a pretty darn good view of what is going on... ;)

Mighty Mike
06-25-2004, 03:13 PM
I often get mad at myself for camping behind one bunker all game long and not being more aggressive on the field. I try to correct this before every game but it seems my body is pretty comfortable in one spot. :(

WenULiVeUdiE
06-25-2004, 03:19 PM
I'm not too hard on myself. Most of the time I'm madder at my equitment than me( Is madder a word?). But after each game I also replay and think how I can improve my game and be a better player. I always think I should have been communicating more, or I should have bunkered him.

Blazestorm
06-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Maybe I shouldn't have done that run-thru and ended the game so quickly...

barrel break
06-25-2004, 05:45 PM
personally, I am a slow runner, im also a miser when it comes to paint. I cannot bring myself to lay down the paint, cant make myself shoot more than 5 at a time...

elpimpo
06-25-2004, 06:23 PM
i always think. wow, i am a f***ing pimp on the field. i busted out some mad matrix shizzle right thur. then i think, maybe i should appologize for totally anialating that team

Won Hunglo
06-25-2004, 06:36 PM
I say I am sorry guys. I tripped over my tally wacker again & got shot. I have to do a better job controling that wild thing. It has a mind of it's own. :dance:

tony3
06-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Usually I just smash a pod, solves everything :ninja:

kopfjaeger
06-25-2004, 08:07 PM
I should not have gone into the game with empty hopper and pods. Makes it kinda hard to shoot people.

tony3
06-25-2004, 08:15 PM
This is for Kop, sorry I had to :ninja:

WenULiVeUdiE
06-25-2004, 08:23 PM
Haha thats great. That made my day.

Torbo
06-25-2004, 08:43 PM
well, two of the kids on our team think theyre god, so they do all the yelling at us, regardless of who is at fault, or what happened. So instead of criticizing myself at the field i defend myself against them, and figgure out what happened with the rest of the team.

06-25-2004, 08:46 PM
What I do is spray and pray, period. I am a walking turret.

Err... actually I sometimes (read : a lot of times) forgot to snapshoot and sprays my whole hopper... :wow:

Lohman446
06-25-2004, 08:53 PM
We have a standing bet on my team - whoever makes the dumbest move of the day has to buy dinner for the entire team (normally Red Lobster/Logans etc.) :clap:

I have yet to not be the one buying dinner :eek: Last time it was for bouncing a string off their back player, standing to take out the other one across field, only to have the one I bounced shoot me because I thought he was out and didn't wait for the refs call - stupid stupid. Its never at debate who made the worst move - it is often at debate which one of my moves was the worst of the day.

But they keep me.. because I do some odd things that really tends to throw off the otehr team - except this last week where I would have had to stay alive for more than 30 seconds - wow

My team captain normally has to keep me from criticizing my own play before the next game... I tend to dwell on the mistakes.

ramennoodles
06-25-2004, 11:24 PM
i criticize myself alot, i always hesitate and that messes me up, i need to just go for it

hAppy
06-25-2004, 11:58 PM
when i am going 2 v 1, i can get 1 out, but than i lose confidence on the 2nd one. sometimes i take it too easy thinking 'ehh" instead of getting pumped and crazy

or sometimes i catch myself being a wuss haha

Evil1
06-26-2004, 02:26 AM
I beat myself up over stupid things I do in a game. I always keep a cool head though. I never want to be that guy that everyone is laughing at because he is practically crying after losing a walk on game. I think that is just stupid when someone starts throwing crap around. My whole theory is: If things didn't go your way in the first game, totally mow the most arrogant loud mouth on the other team. That always cheers me up after doing something stupid. Like I said the next game always try to make the loud mouth wear it.

GoatBoy
06-26-2004, 03:31 AM
I usually blame my equipment or something. I try to use very complicated, technical sounding terms so that people usually have no choice but to acknowledge whatever happened on the field wasn't my fault. Sort of like a Star Trek episode where they just make up some technical sounding gibberish to get them out of a plot situation.

In this respect, it's great to have a really complicated gun. Electro is preferable. As many moving parts as possible. It helps the ruse to carry a big toolbox with you that has lots of really fancy looking stuff. If you can't get fancy looking stuff, just load up on large amounts of small bits and pieces.

If I'm feeling beat and not up to going back out onto the field, my gun can magically break on me so I can't play for the rest of the day.

One good one is to blame a gun malfunction on someone you lent the gun to.