PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Rat Jr. Impulses?

ghed
06-25-2004, 05:18 PM
My friend is looking at one of these as his next guns and would like some opinions on it. Like reliability, efficiancy, consistancy, etc. Also a big concern is it not having Vision, would chopping really be a problem w/ an Evo & one of those new Blind bolts?

*edit* Please dont post stuff like "your friend should get a mag/cocker/etc." I would just like opinions on the Rjr or Blind bolt.

Thanks

RRfireblade
06-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Performance is going to be equal to any other mostly stock Impulse so being a Rat jr will not change that.What your basically paying for is EPBO milling and some hand tuning which is fine.

As far as Impulse performance goes,there really is no difference between any of them custom or not.They all pretty much use bolt on parts that can be bolted on any stock bodied Impulse. With the exception of the Adrenalin which has a minor change in air port routing, equal performance can be had on any currently produced Impulse and made to do so by anyone with a decent working knowledge of the gun and a decent set of the appropriate tools.

If your not handy enough to mod it yourself, then by all means have someone like EPBO do it for you as they do all upgrades for only the cost of the parts and warranty the labor for life.

Jay.

Added:

No personal experience with the blind bolt so I can't answer there, and with out vision or at least a very quick loader (Halo) you will likely chop on occasion.I would not shoot one with out Vision or WAS'd & Eyes myself regardlesss of the loader used.

68magOwner
06-25-2004, 06:04 PM
people who tested te blind bolt say that it stops some chops, and ive used a non-vision imp with egg, adn chopped at least once a game, i would say with the blind bolt, you will still chop ocasionally, but i don tthink it will be a real bad issue.

side note- i am an imulse shooter that upgraded from non-vision to vision, iths a %100 performance increase, get it or WAS asap

LeatherPants
06-25-2004, 06:19 PM
How much is he spending on the Rat Jr? If he wants he can buy the Adrenaline Impulse with FULL matching freak kit.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=140709

It's a good deal. I'm selling it for my friend who just had a kid and no longer has time for paintball.

ghed
06-25-2004, 08:52 PM
Thanks, I think thats a little more than he wants to spend but Ill show it to him.

TeamNausea
06-25-2004, 10:13 PM
I liked the one i shot a few games. If i had the $ I'd get one right now