PDA

View Full Version : Why micromag?

freakyt
10-14-2001, 03:09 PM
I was talking to a guy at field a couple of weeks ago, and he seemed to think that I should take my mag in the micromag direction. You know, that cocker body thing. He seemed to think that micromag is better because it takes cocker bbls (cheaper, more abundent), and the ball detent is better than our wire-nubbins.

Now, I don't know about you, but I like the twist-lock bbls. They are usually more money, but I just like how the ball never has to go from a breech to a barrel. I think that just nufty.

What about the ball detent thing? Cocker style vs mag style, whick is better?

Thanks for reading.

Cha0tic
10-14-2001, 04:17 PM
personally, i like the wire nubbins and the twist lock barrels. i think it is a good 10$ extra that is well spent.

as for the ball detent, there isn't any difference as long as it is set up right. if the detent is about the width of a matchbox, it is perfect.

kickass68mag
10-15-2001, 01:56 PM
was he talking about teh z body or just getting a regular micro body ? if it was teh z body you can use cocker barrels as you can with the micro body but you get the back spin effect with the z body, and i think that it makes teh ball fligh farther.

MicroB
10-15-2001, 04:05 PM
Having had both ( I just sold my Micro RT, to purchase my E-mag) I believe it is personal preference. Try both and see what you like.:D

brett
10-15-2001, 07:56 PM
the micromag doesnt use a mag or cocker ball detent its just a one of a kind pro team ball detent:rolleyes: