PDA

View Full Version : sound off on pods and packs

frontrunner
06-25-2004, 07:51 PM
I have spent the last hour or so looking at pods and packs and I have come to realize there are so many I have not idea where to start. I have a classic mag and I play rec ball so all I really need is 3 or 4 pods and my limit is about $50. I have herd some pods break and some never stay shut but I can’t remember which ones were bad and which were good so if you guys don’t mind:

What do you have?
How do you like it ?
And have you had and any problems?

kopfjaeger
06-25-2004, 07:57 PM
I like the WGP 3+4. It is narrows so pods aren't out on your sides. It is comfy with a nice wide belt that stretches somewhat when you breathe. There is a key pocket hidden inside the belt. There are 3 pod pockets, and four pod loops. The loops stow out of the way with velcro. The harness doesn't bounce around. 3 pods are included. This design suites my need well. I don't usually carry more than 3 pods, but the loops are there if I need more. It cost me $40 bucks.

WenULiVeUdiE
06-25-2004, 08:22 PM
As far as pods go, dont buy System X pods. My dad has them, they are very hard to open, especially when your being shot at from 2 people. Dye makes great packs, look for used one. Also, NXe makes some great packs for cheap.

Skoad
06-25-2004, 08:36 PM
Pods are pretty much the same as far as I can tell.

Redz w/ comfort belt rocks. Doesn't bounce on your back at all. It is kind of on the expensive side because you have to buy a pack AND a belt, but it is a very very nice pack system http://www.paintball-discounters.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?p_catid=65&sid=5bW2dL0-UCfwC31-53104356023.a6

A little cheaper would be a Mantis pack, very nice pack for around $35. http://www.actvil.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=6f48eQLy9Iw8eUIuOwv80Qg7YE_fsUDLS2I=?Cat alogCategoryID=T5msFAY7YRAAAAD3ytulA_2r

Another, Unique's new packs are very nice also, but kind of hard to find in stock http://www.actvil.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=6f48eQLy9Iw8eUIuOwv80Qg7YE_fsUDLS2I=?Cat alogCategoryID=NFysFAY7BzoAAAD3O9GlA_2r

Torbo
06-25-2004, 08:39 PM
definatly a redz dimension. doesnt bounce, and very comfortable. as for pods, the best ive used are fatboy pods. But, there just pods, so just find whatever you can at the field.

LudavicoSoldier
06-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Ive got a NXe 5 down with 5 blue animal pods, and an Extreme Rage 4+3 with a variety of pods. Love them both.

kopfjaeger
06-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Fat Boy pods are the best I have used. They have a recessed thumb tab so they don't get accidentally opened by bumping into somethting. They also close tightly. They seem to be the most secure pod available that I have tried.

professor_chaos
06-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Well I picked up a new flurry 4 vertical pod pack (sorry not real familar with the 4+3, 3+4 and whatnot) off ebay for 15 bucks and they sent some indian creek pods for 2 dollars a piece. As far as the pack and pods go I think they both work great, pack fits many waste sizes and gives pretty good back support and the pods work good too. So with my tight budget I found it a great buy. :headbang:

The Spanish Inquisition
06-25-2004, 09:14 PM
I vote WGP 3+4 also. It has that net thingie that nobody ever uses to hold your spent pods. (it folds up into the pack). also the pocket is nice for my goodies. I put an extra dye locking pod in one of the extra loops, just in case.

SlipknotX556
06-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Anything that redz makes, will be your best bet. I have had my redz 3.2 for a long time, it is the best pack I have ever owned.

angelbeast24
06-25-2004, 09:46 PM
redz dimension always works for me i have used many different packs but still fall bakc on my trusty redz

Spleen
06-26-2004, 12:01 AM
Unique 6+5
Whatever is the cheapest as far as pods..

firebanex
06-26-2004, 12:14 AM
I love my WGP 3+4 pack and it come with 3 pods. I just use what ever pods i can get my hands on. ;)

jdhogg
06-26-2004, 12:42 AM
i recommend a redz dimension or a 32 degrees freestyle, they are the exact same pack, just a different brand name on them. the freestyle belt is the same as a redz comfort belt. THe freestyles come in 2+1, 3+2, and 4+3

shartley
06-26-2004, 05:08 AM
Unique has some good prices, but I got my son a Redz Comfort Belt and Pack for his birthday (but they will run over the $50 limit… but well worth it). I have tried it and like it, very comfortable, very stable.

I myself use an APP 4+1 Pack (I run a remote with my Stroker)… which is actually better constructed and more comfortable than the Redz system. It is MUCH beefier which I like.

As for pods….. to me a pod is a pod is a pod. As long as the lid can still close securely it is good enough for me.

Enemy
06-26-2004, 06:36 AM
um i love my extreme rage pack mine right now is a 4+0 it fits great and with all that velcro it holds really well...pods are all the same aside from fatboys but just when you load your pack always put the the thumb tab that opens on the inside facing you that way the pack holds it shut tightly and if it starts to open you can catch it with your hand before you lose much if any paint...like i said cheap easy lots of velcro and last me a long time... the dye packs have alot of padding but its not really needed cuz most packs will sit in the swell of your back so all you have to do is keep em tight and they wont move around on you!!! also most if not all of there packs are straight pull downs with i like the best as well!!

frontrunner
06-26-2004, 09:16 AM
wow you guys rock, i didn't expect to get all this but here is what i have come up with i'm likin the redz but a friend found a pack made by proto (proto is dye for poeple who do want to wear stuff that says dye, my mask and jersey are made by them) so i'm gonna get one of those thank you all so much for the input :cheers:

shivors
06-26-2004, 10:32 AM
I use a Jacko pack and Fat Boy tubes. Work great for me.

The pack has lasted four years so far and the tubes have taken the entirety of my weight without breaking. (Lets just say I am NOT petite)

AGDlover
06-26-2004, 06:22 PM
I use a 04 demenshion 2+2 with JT pods

B.A.M.
06-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Get a reds 2+1 and the dye lock lid pods. I use dye lock lid pods and they are insane and wont break. buy them of this website cuz there the cheapest. www.paintballgateway.com

magman007
06-27-2004, 02:23 PM
the very best packs ever created, have to be the top stich M packs, they will run you over 50 box tho depending on what system you get. and they will customize the colors that you want. For pods? well i took advantage of the Pod deal from first call paintball, which im not sure if they are running the deal any more, but it was 10 pods, for like 12 bux shipped. the pods have been lasting just fine.

PzYcO
06-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Ive had a redz 3.2 for almost a year now, and it still looks brand new. The thing holds up like a beast and is super comfortable, and very easy to remove pods... But if you use the elastic straps you cant put the pod all the way in, or its a beach to get out.

The pods i use are 140rnd Fat Boys. They have an excellent lid system and they are very durable and ive never had one break. Just lose them now and then :(

so Redz Dimension + Fat Boy pods = Win! :)

ProX9
06-27-2004, 04:00 PM
nxe + fatboy pods = sex. redz + fatboy pods = sex with a durex