PDA

View Full Version : "why would anyone hold a gun that way?"

brianlojeck
06-25-2004, 09:27 PM
so I'm playing at a local field with my KP-3. a late teens kid comes up, is admiring it, I offer to let him shoot a few rounds.

He shoulders the rifle, and isn't sure where to put his off hand after pumping. I explain that you're supposed to leave your hand on the pump.

His exact words were "Why would anyone hold a gun that way?"

um... 125 million rednecks can't be wrong. ;-)

no real point, just chuckling

XbeasleyX
06-25-2004, 09:38 PM
eh-hem 2 shotguns on my wall eh-hem - that is pretty funny

Snertz
06-25-2004, 09:38 PM
Indeed, that's pretty funny :headbang: What would we do without rednecks? :rofl:

WickeDKlowN
06-25-2004, 09:41 PM
You're damn straight we can't be wrong... ;)

elpimpo
06-25-2004, 10:15 PM
i bet he had a hell of a time getting that second ball off

magking1971
06-26-2004, 01:19 AM
Aah, todays youth......... :rolleyes:

Carbon
06-26-2004, 01:31 AM
so I'm playing at a local field with my KP-3. a late teens kid comes up, is admiring it, I offer to let him shoot a few rounds.

He shoulders the rifle, and isn't sure where to put his off hand after pumping. I explain that you're supposed to leave your hand on the pump.

His exact words were "Why would anyone hold a gun that way?"

um... 125 million rednecks can't be wrong. ;-)

no real point, just chuckling

My god, maybe he was to AGG to understand.

JrnyFan1985
06-26-2004, 01:40 AM
haha, gotta love it. just kinda funny how some people don't get the basic concepts of cormfort and safety.

quick question? was he holding it like what one of those "bad *** gangsters" do in the movies? you know w/ one hand why'll firing like a precision surgeon?

elpimpo
06-26-2004, 02:31 AM
holdin it side ways shoutin Uhhhh............no. That level of immaturity isn't appreciated, nor allowed here on AO. Army

steveo356
06-26-2004, 06:54 AM
well maybe they should make a pistol grip pump arm i bet wiht pnumatic asist u could out shoot a slider cocker

brianlojeck
06-27-2004, 01:27 AM
To answer the question of how he was holding it, he'd pump, then move his hand to the metal bracket that holds the tank, he was looking for the vertical regulator. ;-)

and before a bunch of rust-and-primer pickup trucks show up in my front yard, my "rednecks" comment should be taken with the understanding that I see the entire country as being filled with three types of people: Rednecks, Yankees, and Hippies.

for myself, I was raised a Yankee, moved to become a Hippie, and cook ribs, biscuits, and gravy like a Redneck. ;-)

elpimpo
06-27-2004, 05:51 AM
for myself, I was raised a Yankee, moved to become a Hippie, and cook ribs, biscuits, and gravy like a Redneck. ;-)

amen brother