PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain to me this ad?

NJPaint
06-25-2004, 09:28 PM
http://www.georgewbush.com/
(official GWB re-election page) The ad is on the front cover. Is this an ad for or against Bush? I'm really really confused.

paintbattler
06-25-2004, 09:32 PM
I am guessing it is for GWB because it is on his re-election page...

The Action Figure
06-25-2004, 09:42 PM
that ad sucked, but im pretty sure it was pro-bush due to the ending. Rock on Bush

Miscue
06-25-2004, 09:45 PM
I think that's a crappy video.

bornl33t
06-25-2004, 10:01 PM
After watching that video, one things comes to mind... why don't I ever see bush yelling and screaming and cussing?

SIGSays
06-26-2004, 01:21 AM
i bet someone hacked it

RoadDawg
06-26-2004, 02:49 AM
After watching that video, one things comes to mind... why don't I ever see bush yelling and screaming and cussing?

He doesn't have to. He makes an *** out of himself just by doing his normal speeches. He is a comic's dream. :dance:

Steelrat
06-26-2004, 03:02 AM
God, that ad was horrible. Dont they realize how hard it is to see their text? And whats with the imagery of Hitler? Are they trying to imply that because the Democrats were speaking loudly, and Hitler used to speak loudly, that the Democrats are like Hitler? All I got out of that ad was the Dems getting in some jabs at Bush. Shoot, the Democrats should be running that ad.

And the campaign of optimism??? LOL, someone needs to tell Cheney that before he tells another Democratic senator to F-off on the floor of the senate.

Please get these guys out of office! And while you are at it, tell the Republicans that instead of installing a puppet leader, next time they should put a man like McCain on their ticket.

mcdkid
06-26-2004, 03:07 AM
was anyone else turned on by that vid?

i mean sexually

bornl33t
06-26-2004, 07:35 AM
He doesn't have to. He makes an *** out of himself just by doing his normal speeches. He is a comic's dream. :dance:

sounds like you ...

politcal threads are not allowed on AO... including those disquised as "I don't mind looking like and idiot by acting like I don't get something as long as bush gets dissed in the proccess"

Democrats no wonder you guys never win....

1stdeadeye
06-26-2004, 08:50 AM
I guess the point was to show the whacko coilition and what they are willing to say and do to get elected. That hitler bit was from Moveon.org, an anti-bush group. They really compared the President of the US to Hitler. Yeah, they are moderate. :rolleyes:

This video is meant to frighten Joe Average about the democrats and it works. It is the Democrats venom being turned against themselves!

frontrunner
06-26-2004, 09:50 AM
at the end you see its for bush, it says something about its not a time for rage its a time to be positive or some crap like that

Head knight of Ni
06-26-2004, 01:06 PM
:spit_take :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why is it that I see alot of ads portraying kerry and other democrats as scum. Is it so important to bush's tactics.

Of course. I vote for a house of commons style of government. :headbang:

Muzikman
06-26-2004, 01:19 PM
I'll say one thing...Bush does not have to worry about being re-elected...he will be and the democrats will see to it.

Here is my thinking...

Hillary wants to run for Pres. She is not doing it this term for a few reasons, but surely will in 4 years. If a democrat gets elected she will not be able to run for another 8 years. This is not in her or the Democrats plan. So all you Bush haters...you better start liking or your precious Hillary will not have a chance to make it into office for two more terms. And I will say, if Kerry gets elected, I see a republican in office in 2008 ;)

MiniMag84
06-26-2004, 01:30 PM
sounds like you ...

politcal threads are not allowed on AO... including those disquised as "I don't mind looking like and idiot by acting like I don't get something as long as bush gets dissed in the proccess"

Bwaaah? Are you forgetting our past democratic presidents?

RoadDawg
06-26-2004, 08:51 PM
sounds like you ...

:spit_take How many times has President George W Bush messed up in his speeches? TO me the ad made me not want to vote for Bush anymore then Kerry's make me want to vote for him. Both sides seem to be better at attacking the other then giving me a GOOD reason to vote for them. I know Political threads aren't allowed. You must not have been browsing the FC lately. More and more "conservative" and bashing "liberal" threads have been around in the past 3 months but when something from a Dem's point of view pops up it's closed, most of the time on the same subject. If none are allowed then WHY is this one still open?

My previous response was in answer to the question you asked,. You don't see Bush ads of him screaming cause people see his mistakes and misfortunes on TV or any book store.

bornl33t
06-26-2004, 09:54 PM
:spit_take How many times has President George W Bush messed up in his speeches? TO me the ad made me not want to vote for Bush anymore then Kerry's make me want to vote for him. Both sides seem to be better at attacking the other then giving me a GOOD reason to vote for them. I know Political threads aren't allowed. You must not have been browsing the FC lately. More and more "conservative" and bashing "liberal" threads have been around in the past 3 months but when something from a Dem's point of view pops up it's closed, most of the time on the same subject. If none are allowed then WHY is this one still open?

My previous response was in answer to the question you asked,. You don't see Bush ads of him screaming cause people see his mistakes and misfortunes on TV or any book store.

This is the problem with america we listen to our feelings too much. Sometimes doing the right thing doesn't feel good.

Steelrat
06-26-2004, 10:00 PM
So the democrats are wacko because they speak loudly? Ever read the Cooper Union Address by Lincoln? http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative/lincoln/speeches/cooper.htm Several passages in this speech were practically shouted. Its called adding emphasis. And read through the speech, because it is fantastic, and something we just don't hear nowadays.

This line isnt really pertinent to the matter at hand, but its great anyways. From the Cooper Union Address:

Neither let us be slandered from our duty by false accusations against us, nor frightened from it by menaces of destruction to the Government nor of dungeons to ourselves. LET US HAVE FAITH THAT RIGHT MAKES MIGHT, AND IN THAT FAITH, LET US, TO THE END, DARE TO DO OUR DUTY AS WE UNDERSTAND IT.

bornl33t
06-27-2004, 03:39 AM
Neither let us be slandered from our duty by false accusations against us, nor frightened from it by menaces of destruction to the Government nor of dungeons to ourselves. LET US HAVE FAITH THAT RIGHT MAKES MIGHT, AND IN THAT FAITH, LET US, TO THE END, DARE TO DO OUR DUTY AS WE UNDERSTAND IT.

That's exactly what I mean DO OUR DUTY AS WE UNDERSTAND IT. Not DO whatever will make us feel good. DO our DUTY!

Steelrat
06-27-2004, 09:11 AM
"Do your duty as you understand it" means doing what you feel is right. Lincoln's speech was regarding slavery in the United States, so this speech wasnt exactly in support of government policy.

bornl33t
06-27-2004, 04:32 PM
so his feelings were right. What I'm saying is that emotions are deceiving. You found ONE example of feelings being on track .... wanna bet I can list 20 bad decisions due to feelings without searching online or in a book for them?

You still haven't centradicted what I first said. :cry: