PDA

View Full Version : AGD booth - and the freak - paintball and politics

Lohman446
06-25-2004, 10:00 PM
So, having found out that I suck at tournaments I was looking at Tac-Ones at the AGD booth to go along with my other mags - when I look on the wall at this assembled e-mag hanging on display, and theres an insert I can see through the barrel.

I'm like WTF - so I look twice, and big as anything its an SP Freak barrel on that thing - in the AGD booth. Now perhaps Im mistaken on where AGD and SP stand....

Don't think it matters, the day I ordered my Dye pants is after I looked and saw Pride wearing them at New Orleans. I know some of us have decided to not buy anything from SP - others have gone as far as to sell off all their SP gear to avoid "advertising" it for them. Thoughts? Comments?

BTW... another issue there I asked a judge "Is Dye C4 gear legal?" His paraphrased answer Dye is a Platinum sponsor, we like everything Dye makes.

Those were the two surprises for me at Chicago - we got stomped, I expected to, and we had a great amount of fun. Just curious as to the above though.

TeamNausea
06-25-2004, 10:08 PM
I dont see why your making a big deal outa what barrel is on there... :confused:
Yeah some people jumped ship and got rid of all of there SP stuff (me) but the freak is a good and decent looking barrel

Havoc_online
06-25-2004, 10:13 PM
normally what happens is the barrels are not with the display guns like they should be, or there is a new display gun without a barrel OR we sale a gun that didnt have a stock barrel so we pull one from a display gun. Then the display gun gets a temp barrel from anywhere we can find it.

the display guns hardly ever have the same barrels on them for long.

Lohman446
06-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Before I let this get out of hand - it surprised me, and in the end I really don't care - the guys at the AGD booth were great, and really helped me out finding something I wanted for awhile :). Great to talk to, and seemed to be helping a lot of people. That was just one of those things that surprised me, that I figured I should harass someone about - I really don't care, just found it funny - or odd.

Gunga
06-25-2004, 11:37 PM
So, having found out that I suck at tournaments I was looking at Tac-Ones at the AGD booth to go along with my other mags - when I look on the wall at this assembled e-mag hanging on display, and theres an insert I can see through the barrel.

I'm like WTF - so I look twice, and big as anything its an SP Freak barrel on that thing - in the AGD booth. Now perhaps Im mistaken on where AGD and SP stand....

That was my gun. :p Was storing it at the AGD booth while I was getting shot up taking pics of the games. Brought it along to be a backup gun for Clare/Empress.

GoatBoy
06-26-2004, 12:38 AM
You know, when you swap barrels like that, you're not just swapping barrels with one gun, you're swapping with all the other guns that barrel's been with...

I hope you were using a barrel condom.

:dance:

DiRTyBuNNy
06-26-2004, 12:43 AM
You know, when you swap barrels like that, you're not just swapping barrels with one gun, you're swapping with all the other guns that barrel's been with...

I hope you were using a barrel condom.

:dance:

you really have too much time on your hands, man...too much time...

Mango
06-26-2004, 12:50 AM
Brought it along to be a backup gun for Clare/Empress.

Which she would never need of course :) ;)

Gunga
06-26-2004, 09:00 AM
Which she would never need of course :) ;)

Yeah...that's why your gun spent the morning with the Intimidator techs. :rofl:

Lee
06-26-2004, 09:37 AM
dye jerseys with padded shoulders are not n.p.p.l. legal. they are also not n.p.p.l. sponsors.

chicago is a p.s.p. event....

things that make you go hhhmmmm........

1stdeadeye
06-26-2004, 09:49 AM
Mango is in Chicago for the PSP?? :confused:

Mango
06-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Yeah...that's why your gun spent the morning with the Intimidator techs. :rofl:

LIES!

Automaggot68
06-26-2004, 01:37 PM
LIES!
0WN3D !!!!!!!
Nothing againt you Mango, I just like posting '0WN3D' for no real good reason.
..Love your wacky signatures

Curly
06-26-2004, 07:06 PM
All the timmies that empress used, including my alias blew paint down the barrel at some point, but thats the worst that they did. I dont think that clare ever used the emag, even though Gunga kept trying to force it on people. ;)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-26-2004, 10:51 PM
oooo hey Gunga, didnt know u were you, i know you as the warpig guy :)

Gunga
06-26-2004, 11:04 PM
LIES!

You don't believe that...otherwise you wouldn't have tried calling Clare to see what the problem was with it. :tard:

All the timmies that empress used, including my alias blew paint down the barrel at some point, but thats the worst that they did. I dont think that clare ever used the emag, even though Gunga kept trying to force it on people. ;)

Naw...the eyes on a some of the Intimidators had to be cleaned a few times and a couple went down for various reasons, at least yesterday. It's just they're girls...they didn't wanna heft my boat anchor around the field. The Armageddon on it didn't help the weight either. :)

Mango
06-27-2004, 02:53 AM

Mango
06-27-2004, 03:02 AM
die in a fire

billmi
06-29-2004, 08:08 AM
BTW... another issue there I asked a judge "Is Dye C4 gear legal?" His paraphrased answer Dye is a Platinum sponsor, we like everything Dye makes.

Not just a sponsor. DYE also is part owner of the PSP. It would be kind of silly for them to make their own products illegal in a tournament that they run.

It's the NPPL series which DYE does not own or sponsor, that is run by WDP's subsidiary that doesn't allow the Dye C4 gear.

And as for Gunga... he's the man.