PDA

View Full Version : 68 to ReTro

naDz
10-14-2001, 03:38 PM
im looking into putting a ReTro valve into my 68 powerfeed mag.... where can i buy ReTro valves and what does it take to install them????
Thanks
naDz

Cha0tic
10-14-2001, 04:13 PM
you can buy retro valves from most major paintball stores. www.bbtpaintball.com and www.g3pb.com are what i reccommend most.

the retro valve comes with the drop in valve, bolt, and spring. it also has a sear assembly. just take out your current valve and body rail. take out your sear assembly, pop in the new assembly. reattach your body rail to your body. slip the new valve in. you must run compressed air into the retro valve though. NO co2.

naDz
10-14-2001, 06:53 PM
Thanks chaOtic..... i just ordered one..... it should be here by the end of the week..... i hope its worth the cash.:D

Grey_Goose
10-15-2001, 10:38 AM
when people say "retro" are they referring to the RT/RT Pro ?

Temo Vryce
10-15-2001, 11:07 AM
The retro valve is the same one in the RT Pro. It was designed to fit into the older automag bodies, because the RT had a new body and rail designed for it. It functions just like RT valve system. Hope this helps you out.

freakyt
10-15-2001, 12:06 PM
Retro is kind of a cool pun. Retro-fitting is fitting newer parts on old hardware. Like when the Allies retro-fitted the Sherman M4 with a 76mm gun instead of the 75. That's a retro-fit.

AGD calls it the ReTro valve. RT is what they really mean. RT means 'Reactive Trigger'.

So, yea, your right. A ReTro valve is EXACTLY the same thing as an RT Pro. The diffs are the sear (RT has a roller bearing), and the air inlet. Other cosmetic and body diffs are in the RTs too. The internals of the valve are exactly the same. In fact, I think on the E-mag, it IS a ReTro valve on a .68 mag style rail. Right?

Bottom line, if you can affort it, retro-fit your mag with an RT valve. Say goodbye to short stroking forever. Make sure your favorite field allows you to play with them. They will shoot 25 rounds per sec without slowdown. Realistically, if you can feather the trigger, you'll see 10-12 rounds per sec. It's hard to keep em all in the pattern when your shooting that fast, though :)

Temo Vryce
10-15-2001, 12:24 PM
Yes the E-Mag uses the Retro Valve under a different name. The other difference between the Retro Valve and the RT Valve is that the Retro has the air intake hole in the side of the valve where as the RT valve has in the bottom of the valve with the Rail having the side intake. Tom or one of the tech would be able to explain the differences better than I can but that should cover the basics.

freakyt
10-15-2001, 12:36 PM
Actionvillage has the Retro for $250. Anybody know a better price for a new one?

www.actionvillage.com

Magnus1028
10-15-2001, 07:29 PM
Check with AGD they might still be doing the valve exchange program. Where you send them your old valve assembly plus a check for x amount and they will send you a new Retro Valve.
I did two weeks ago.