PDA

View Full Version : Level 7 Smartmag

Grinder32
06-26-2004, 03:25 AM
Hi from New Zealand, I have just got a level 7 smartmag (at least thats what I was told it is called) with a 14" jacko infinity barrel, can anybody tell me about this marker. Please go easy on me as I am new to this sport.

davidb
06-26-2004, 03:31 AM
It's a pretty old gun, produced by Smart Parts (http://www.smartparts.com) quite a few years back. Basically, it will perform like any lower end (read: non-upgraded) Automag, but it has more of a unique look to it. Welcome to the sport and welcome to AO!

Army
06-26-2004, 05:20 PM
..AND the Jacko barrel is a real find. Rare here in the states.

A simple, yet very good upgrade, would be to install a Level 10 bolt system. This will eliminate nearly all chops due to bad paint, short-stroking (not releasing the trigger fully and pulling it again), or pinching a ball inside the feed tube.

Good luck with your 'Mag, and Welcome to AO!

The Spanish Inquisition
06-26-2004, 07:14 PM
You've got yourself a pretty solid little gun there. Keep it oiled and it should give you no problems. If you want to upgrade it I also suggest the lvl 10.

sorry for this but I have to ask.
How is the paintball scene there in NZ? I have to admit that most of what I know about New Zeland is from watching Lord Of the Rings and other movies but I can just imagine that there are great places to play there.

trevorjk
06-26-2004, 07:35 PM
How is the paintball scene there in NZ? I have to admit that most of what I know about New Zeland is from watching Lord Of the Rings and other movies

AH AMERICAN HISTORY AND SOCIAL STUDY CLASSES! WOOT!

haha anyways yes it will be a really nice gun for you as suggested get the level 10 bolt kit for it as this vitrually eliminates chopping. and will single handedly be the best upgrade for a mag. other then that you can get other cosmetic upgrades such as body and trigger frames although the intelliframe or Yframe from AGD is alot nicer then the older carbon fiber or benchmark frames you will find on alot of the older mags. and if you get into the sport you can always get the xvalve wich will greatly improve the performance of the gun and i mean greatly! :) and then theres always the ultra light trigger kit from AGD wich reduced the weight of the trigger pull by half and is really nice

i hope this helps and welcome to the sport ;)

and man will you be my hotel or motel and chef! as i have always wanted to go to new zealand as it looks like one of the most beutiful places on earth not to mention ive always wanted to go to wentworth valley ever since my mom went there a few years ago it just looks amazing