PDA

View Full Version : let emag batt die, but did not reset TS counter

yakitori
06-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Hi, I have heard that letting the battery die out completely on the emag will reset the total shot counter to 0. Well, I tried it and it didnt work. I guess the counter is no big deal anyway.

I just left the gun on until it flashed lo batt. then I let the batt run dead until it didnt flash anymore. But, when I push the top button on the grip it shows TS 8665 and then the lo batt begins flashing again.

How long does it have to run down? Do I have to leave it on until it wont even flash anything on the LEd screen?

I may just not do anything at all, but I would like to know.

thanks.

Bad_Dog
06-28-2004, 12:51 AM
I dont believe that draining the battery resets the shot counter...

technically draining the battery to nothing is just like removing it... and when you take it out... that doesnt reset the counter.... soooo....

correct me if I'm wrong

RRfireblade
06-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Your wrong. ;)

Kinda. Running the battery completely dead 'usually' resets the counter but it's not guarateed everytime. I've had it happen sometimes and not others.It's not something that's 'supposed' to happen but do to the way the memory is backed up it can and will happen eventually.......probably. :)

Titansu
07-02-2004, 03:54 PM
What software version? I know it was a "glitch" in 1.37 (and probably below)... but I recently flashed to 3.2 and all my shots are still there.

RRfireblade
07-02-2004, 09:35 PM
All of 'em have that 'glitch'. ;)

yakitori
07-02-2004, 10:57 PM
hey guys. thanks for the replies. I have v3.2 software. Its okay I guess. Its not a big deal. afterall, my TS is only like 8000 or so. It was like 5800 when I got it, and the reason I wanted to reset it is so it would keep track of how many shots I have put on it myself. I can just subtract 5800. I had read that it does reset the counter so I tried it. I didnt know that it only works sometime, but I will take fireblades word for it. Im confident he is right on the money w/ that info. Thanks again guys.

Cthulhu
07-03-2004, 01:16 AM
I know what you mean, I'd be nice if I could get rid of the 28000 cycles that I recently put on my e-mag trying to get the Lvl10 to work right.

lamby
07-03-2004, 04:20 AM
Yak,

You can have it flashed again. Flashing the board clears the TS counter. I am not sure if there is anyone in your neck of the woods that does this, but there are a few people on this forum that have access to the 3.2 code and a programmer.

Good luck