PDA

View Full Version : Idea for new AGD product

SneekyBastrd
06-26-2004, 05:12 PM
I've had an idea turning over in my head for some time and I just had to post it (my first post).

I've been considering the idea of airgun designs going into the scenario field more, as I have heard that they are. Then I took a look at the TAC ONE mainbody, and decided that the one real problem with that as a scenario marker is its centerfeed/hopper design. What if AGD went into contract with Ancient Innovations to produce a mainbody like the TAC ONE which had and under-barrel qloader already installed, and fed through a pre-made and completely internal channel to the bottom of the breech rather than through the feed tube which the qloader uses now? That would be scenario player heaven... You would get the allure of the mag, of the qloader, of a gun with no hopper, of the weaver rails on the TAC ONE, of a low profile marker, and of a marker that just looks damn cool! Oh and btw it should have an option for mounting back bottle, rife like, as mags once did.

cheetah256
06-26-2004, 10:20 PM
you mean right through the body rail and screw that holds the body on?

honestly, my biggest complaint with the tac-one is that it's HPA only. i know a lot of people that would consider one, but don't want to shell out the money for an hpa tank.

SneekyBastrd
06-27-2004, 02:54 AM
right through it, yep. It would obviously take some redesigning, but it would be well worth it. As far as HPA being too expensive, if you can shell out 400 for a gun you can shell out 80 for hpa!

Carbon
06-27-2004, 04:56 AM
i think the Q loader setup is far to much a niche setup to be profitable or justifiable for agd.

Trick
06-27-2004, 12:38 PM
And that niche has quite a few scenario players in it.

ATS's chain fed markers are targetted solely at scenario players, so why not run with this idea?

Heck, even I'd be tempted to buy one.

Deathshadow9k
06-27-2004, 10:08 PM
yeah if they came out with a system that = zero profile from hopper
i'd buy one just for recball, however, using Co2 in scenario?!?! some french guy invested smokeless gunpowder back in the 19th century, why not use mist-less gas power for your gun?

Muzikman
06-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Well, AGD would come out with a system that used their Warp before the Qloader.

Jaremy Rykker
06-27-2004, 10:35 PM
I love the Q-Loader system, and with minor modifications it could be made into the scenario/big game players dream. Imagine rather than carrying a hopper on top of your gun and a few pods of paint for refills, being able to release the current clip, even if it was only a 50 round clip, jam it into a vest or pocket, jam another one in, and in a matter of 4-5 seconds be firing again.

I would completely take a 50-150 round hopper design that did that, maybe in the form of a clip, or the current Q-Loader design. Certainly the TAC-ONE would need to be adjusted, so they make the adjustments and add it on there. Q-Loaders are fairly popular for woodsball because they are a lot quicker to change. Woodsballers don't often go through 100 rounds in a matter of seconds and shooting is rather selective, and a Q-Loader has plenty of capacity for a lot of firefights. Even still, I will probably get a Q-Loader after my TAC-ONE. Just wish they'd make one made for it.

Warp feed is good, but they still recommend buying an electronic hopper "bleh" and it is just too big. Whoever said the A-5 cyclone stuck out like a bullseye has obviously never seen what a warp feed would do in woodsball where cover is rather sketchy at best.