PDA

View Full Version : Automag or Autococker which to get...

MJS1214
10-14-2001, 05:22 PM
I can either get an automag in 1 year or get an autococker in 2 years now which should i get?

zvanut
10-14-2001, 05:30 PM
Mag all the way, better and u will have it sooner

Load SM5
10-14-2001, 06:27 PM
Do you like fixing things often? If so get a cocker.

Seriously, I'd go with a mag if you like a simple design and a cocker if you love to tinker with things. They are both good guns.

MJS1214
10-14-2001, 06:27 PM
hey everyone that votes for autoocker plz tell me why im trying to get a non-unanamous poll here lol

Riot[Z-Grip]
10-14-2001, 06:49 PM
what do you have now? i can give a better suggestion if i know that.

MJS1214
10-14-2001, 06:54 PM
Well i do not have an automag YET but im interested in them alot i have a:

Spyder Compact 2000
9oz CO2 tank
200 rnd hopper
32* headcase goggle system

MJS1214
10-14-2001, 07:10 PM
Ok this is rediculous 62 people have viewed this poll and only 12 or 13 people have responded!come on i need help over here!

Riot[Z-Grip]
10-14-2001, 07:21 PM
I'd go with the mag then. Very decent gun for the money, a good second step from a Spyder. (Spyder was my first gun as well) And if you feel the need to tinker, you can always look to your Spyder. (What I'm doing right now) Besides, if you knew you could have a mag within a year, why hold out for a gun that's almost the same quality. To reiterate: MAG ASAP.

-Riot

Russ
10-14-2001, 07:38 PM
Well, in a year from now, ask the question...

"should I get a Mag NOW, or wait a year for a 'cocker"

Why a 2 year wait for the 'cocker and only a year for the Mag? I'm perplexed.

MJS1214
10-14-2001, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by IWannaRiot979
I'd go with the mag then. Very decent gun for the money, a good second step from a Spyder. (Spyder was my first gun as well) And if you feel the need to tinker, you can always look to your Spyder. (What I'm doing right now) Besides, if you knew you could have a mag within a year, why hold out for a gun that's almost the same quality. To reiterate: MAG ASAP.

-Riot

I dont think i should tinker with my spyder anymore...
i did on saturday and it got screwed up because i blew like 4 O-rings and only had 2 spares!i DONT think ill try to unscrew that little screw under the gun again.....

and feeltheRT who said that i have an emag?i wish!

InfinatyBPS
10-14-2001, 08:39 PM
why do you have to wait 2 years to get a cocker? They are about the same price, and cocker comes with a barrel unlike mags. I reccomend a cocker if you like to tinker with your gun and like somthing that looks cool and is lighter, but if you want a marker that has hardly anything to upgrade and hardly anything to break, then mag.

Muzikman
10-14-2001, 09:27 PM
Well...if you already got a gun, keep it and get a cocker. If you are getting rid of your current gun, get a Mag. I like both, Mags are alot easier to work on.

DRAGONSLAYER
10-14-2001, 09:45 PM
Go with a mag. I like them because of the dependability, I can always count on my mag.

gam-e
10-14-2001, 10:48 PM
sorry but...

IWannaRiot9797..

the holy freaking hand grenade

JEEEEEESUUUUUUS CHRISSSST! if that wasn't the funniest ever made i dont know what it!

Shaft
10-14-2001, 11:00 PM
MJS,
You didn't offer enough info. One year for this, one year for that. If that's the only criteria, get a Mag and play for one year more than you would the 'Cocker.

What do you want out of the gun?
Reliability, unmatched customer service, 'take it out of the box and go' ease of use - Go Mag

Chance to fine tune, stylish (not quite better in my book) looks, and a neat moving block - Go 'Cocker

Hexis
10-15-2001, 08:30 AM
I think you are going to get a slightly (ok way) skewed view here. You are asking mostly Mag fans if you should get the gun they love.

But then again, I love my mag. And would have no problem suggesting one to anyone.

So, IMHO go Mag.

HeerophantG
10-15-2001, 12:27 PM
AUTOMAG! AUTOMAG! AUTOMAG!
: not much of fixing
: easy to maintainance
: AGD's Services

PowerFedMag
10-15-2001, 01:00 PM
Cockers are so fine looking, and customizable and have no recoil...*drool*

Mags are very small and simple, perfect snap shooting...*drool*

but then again AGD rocks...
but Cockers are the IN thing...

:cool:

gmag
10-15-2001, 04:37 PM
hmmmmmm....

Thordic
10-16-2001, 10:53 AM
Go to the field and shoot both.

I went through the same question when I upgraded. I decided on the mag before I shot both guns. I'm lucky, because no matter how much I shoot peoples cockers, to this day I STILL cannot work the trigger right. Don't get me wrong, they are AWESOME guns, and I wish I could shoot one, but they aren't for everyone.

But does that make them better than mags? Nope. The two guns are effectively the same, performance wise. In working condition, they both are just as great. The mag might stay in perfect working condition a little easier than the cocker, though. My main "problem" with cockers is that they have so many damn parts. If my mag decides to explode on me, I know all the parts, etc. Its very simple. If a cocker explodes, theres just a lot more work that needs to be done. It's a more complex system, which means more troubleshooting steps.(Not literally explodes, I hope you understand :) Just a total unexplained breakdown.)

But shoot both guns. I'm sure that the owners won't mind you taking a few shots at the range. Then you'll get a better idea of what you like.

e21bgl
10-16-2001, 11:29 AM
:rolleyes:
I prefered Mag than Cocker. For reason? same as LoadSM5 siad........;)