PDA

View Full Version : need help with rogue neck

stondroopy
06-26-2004, 09:34 PM
hi all i got me a clamping rogue neck that just doesnt want to clamp,at least not with the hoper in it.I gotta size it down and force the hopper in.can i put oil or a grease around the threads of the neck to maybe to help clamp it down?thnx for any info :)

DiRTyBuNNy
06-26-2004, 09:47 PM
what kind of hopper are you trying to clamp? are you saying that even when it's tightened down all the way it still doesn't provide enough clamping force?

RoadDawg
06-27-2004, 12:42 AM
If it's a new version you can bend the prongs in/out depending on what you need when the collar is off. They are pretty strong but don't over due it. My suggestion is first take the collar off, put the hopper in, if it's loose push on the prongs to make them tighter, remove hopper put collar back on then stick the hopper on w/ the collar and tighten. Let us know if ya fix it.

stondroopy
06-27-2004, 01:53 AM
i can get the hopper into the neck but it i cant tighten it down,the thing just wont budge.Ive put a strap wrench on it and it tightens some but not enough to secure the hopper.So what i have been doing is adjusting the neck to the size of the hopper and then putting it on.The problem with this is it puts alot of strain on the neck of the hopper.Ive cleaned the threads in hopes to maybe smooth it out a lil bit.thnx for the info :)oh ya it is the new version