PDA

View Full Version : Tinkerer's Hell - little help please

spyder_technician
06-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Well, I'm completely new to mags, but I want to learn. Of course, I know all about mags and how they function and the main pieces of a mag. But, thats about it. Also, I'm a tinkerer at heart. When I get my mag in the mail in about a week or so, my first impulse is going to be that I want to go after it with a set of tools and not much else. I was wondering if ya'll could help me with the something else...

I just want a few guideline to go by as I'm taking it apart. You know, the do's and don'ts or the markers. Maybe there are some things that are best not messed with? Maybe some things that break easily and I should be careful with? Maybe something will fly out across the room as I unscrew a certain screw? I just want to be a little more prepared, and I guess this is the place to start. Any hints or tips are more than welcome. Thanks.

Janitor
06-26-2004, 10:51 PM
About the only thing that I can think of not to adjust or anything other then inspect would be your trigger rod.

jdhogg
06-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Maybe something will fly out across the room as I unscrew a certain screw?

just dont take the valve out if the air is on. Make sure there is no air left in the air lines, and make sure there is no resistance on the trigger rod when you take the valve out or the on/off will go flying at really high speeds. it happened to me one time and theres a dent in my wall.

jknospe
06-27-2004, 12:18 AM
AGD has some great diagrams of their products on the website (http://www.airgun.com/manual.shtml).
They will give you a good inside view of all the parts. You may want to keep them nearby.

spyder_technician
06-28-2004, 04:12 PM
Thanks a lot. I'm sure I'll be allright, i just wanted a few tips exactly like the ones you gave. Thanks again, and if anyone else would like to chime in, please do.

Havoc_online
06-28-2004, 05:30 PM
www.havoc-online.com :)