PDA

View Full Version : Micromag problem

deweasel697
10-14-2001, 05:38 PM
I recently got a micromag and there is a wear problem on the body. The part were the valve locks into chipped, and now the valve can move a little when shooting and it seems to result in shootdown. If i tighten the screw it works good, but after a few shots it starts to have shootdown. I've attatched a pic of the missing chunk. Any help would be great.

Russ
10-14-2001, 05:55 PM
Did you buy the gun brand new? Warranty issue?

I had an eMicro, and I know exactly what yopur talking about. The pin on the reg body has worn out the Z track in the frame, allowing the valve assembly to shift rearward.

Maybe the on/off pin is hitting and/or binding up on the body, after the valve shifts, and not letting the valve recharge fast enough. Give Earl a call @ Pro-Team and see what he has to say about the matter (Good Luck) ;)

deweasel697
10-14-2001, 06:04 PM
yah i bought it brand new, only like 2 months ago. What did you do to yours? Did you fix it?

Tunaman
10-14-2001, 06:12 PM
If you tighten the rear field strip screw tight enough, I hardly think this could cause shootdown. I would ask Proteam for a new rail though.

deweasel697
10-14-2001, 06:17 PM
After I tighten the screw a lot it works fine. But eventually it loosens and the shootdown results. The thing about a new rail is that the rail is not seperate like automags so i'd have to get a whole new body.

Russ
10-14-2001, 06:58 PM
What did I do, you ask?

I sent that gun back 3 times, and it never worked right. PTP eventually (after 3 months) exchanged it for a REAL E-Mag :D

deweasel697
10-14-2001, 07:00 PM
doesnt sound good