PDA

View Full Version : warp feed

B.A.M.
06-27-2004, 08:04 AM
I was just reading reviews on pbreview.com about the warp feed. I noticed that some of the reviews said that the wiring in the warp feed is bad. Is this a common problem or what. Thx

Eskimo Paint Slinger
06-27-2004, 08:43 AM
Ive had my warp for about 5 months now and no wireing problems. As long as you dont yank on the wires and be gentle taking batteries in and out you should be fine.

jayloo
06-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Ive been using warps for 2 years and I currently own 2 of them. The only problem I have EVER had is when I inadvertently removed the battery door during a game causing the batts to fall and once yank a wire loose. I resoldered it and it works perfect.

B.A.M.
06-27-2004, 01:23 PM
thx guys. But also cant you wire up the warp feed to use 2 9v and also put an on/off on it

hAppy
06-27-2004, 01:34 PM
the thing that connects to the battery is weak

the wires that connect to the battery is weak

the battery has way too much room to bounce around, shove somethign in there so it doesnt bounce around so much

Eskimo Paint Slinger
06-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Yes you can go and visit:

http://www.havoc-online.com/11501/index.html

Chronobreak
06-27-2004, 04:33 PM
i suggest 12 vlt mod so u have more wire slack and thers nothing moving around in it or just keep a spare batt in their :D

jpdgas
06-28-2004, 12:54 AM
I stuck the wires to the side with electrical tape. hasnt moved in over 1.5 years. I also put a piece of packing foam between the door and the batts. IMO the wiring is a weak point in the warp, but if you don't abuse it, it wont give you trouble. Also an on/off switch will save you the hassle of unplugging your warp after you play, which is obviously easier on your wiring.

Bad_Dog
06-28-2004, 05:40 PM
when I got my warp I didnt have any problems with it...

when I read online that these things could happen, I replaced the wiring harness with a stronger one, and installed an on off switch... It works great!

and to fill in the extra space in the warp battery area, I use a small piece of foam to save weight...

Doobie
06-28-2004, 05:47 PM
I got Havoc's 12v mod with on/off switch this last week and played with it this weekend! Super fast, super clean, and man was I annoying the :cuss: out of people with the low profile! Well worth it! Curtis= :hail: