PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on New Marker

Jaremy Rykker
06-27-2004, 04:02 PM
[FONT=Times New Roman]I am looking to purchase a new marker to replace my Tippmann 98c which is dreadfully worn out (I bought it used, and have used it myself countless times, and it really needs a facelift or retirement) as the valve is now broken and that will need to be replaced. I will probably send the 98 to Tippmann and have them repair it, but in the meantime I am looking for a new marker to permenantly replace it, and I have narrowed down the choice to three markers, being the Tippmann A-5, the TAC-ONE, and the RT-ULE. On hand, I have about $300, which isn't enough to purchase any of the above except the A-5. Of course, I work in landscaping throughout both the summer and winter as an after-school job, and make decent money doing so. Therefore, I can expect to have the money to purchase any of these markers by the end of the summer. I will ask for some information, but first I will describe my role. If I go on the route of either of the AGD guns, I will likely go purchase a cheap Spyder (Victor or Xtra), purchase a HPA tank which would probably be a Pure Energy 68/45, and start saving up for whichever AGD I decide on, accounting that the TAC-ONE is by that time available to be purchased. But, I need to decide which marker I want.

I play the back man in a 6 man LRCP (Long-Range Combat Patrol) whose role in big games and such is to infiltrate targets and report. We are usually outnumbered in engagements, so we try to keep the initiative on our side by being raady with a lot of quick firepower and maneuverability. As the back man, I need to have a good rate of fire, as I both cover our rear, and in the case of being heavily outnumbered, I provide rear guard while the rest of the unit falls back to more favorable ground. Then its off to the races, so I need a marker that has decent firepower, but can also take some abuse which is why I am looking at Tippmann and AGD. Beyond that, I play almost entirely rec-ball, and take a hand at speedball every now and then when I visit my local field to get my tanks filled.

And, now to my questions.

1)How do the RT-ULE, the TAC-ONE, and the A-5 stack up against each other in their capabilities.
2)How do the RT-ULE and the TAC-ONE specifically stack up against each other.
3)What is the reason for the $110 increase in the price of the TAC-ONE over the RT-ULE and is it worth it?
4)Can the TAC-ONE run off CO2, unlike the RT-ULE?
5)What would your advice be?

Ken
06-27-2004, 04:14 PM
I figure that I'll just answer these in order.

1.) The Tac one blows the A-5 out of the water in consistency, efficency , accuracy and speed.

2.) The tac one is essentially an RT ULE with a diff. body that better suits your needs as a scenario player.

3.) I guess that it's your choice , if you want to spend the extra dough for a body, go for it.

4.)Then Tac One has the same valve like the RT ULE so no, it can't be run off of C02.

5.) I'd say go with the Tac and read up on havoc-online.com for sweet agd info.

matmc89
06-27-2004, 04:17 PM
ok i can try to help..
the a5 is a good gun(my dad has one). There perfect for scenarios except the fact that they are gas hogs(because the cyclone) and if you break a ball in the cyclone, your screwed.

The tac one is a very solid gun and comes with the xvalve and the blade intellframe, so you will have a good rof. If you get the ult for it then it would be really fast.

The rt ule is a very good deal and also comes with the xvalve. If you get an rt you should dephinatly go for the intellframe and ult.

My personal choice would be the rt with ule,ult and intellframe

hope that helps

shivors
06-27-2004, 04:19 PM
I say get a tasty Spyder and still have enough cash for all of the necessary pr0n subscriptions.

MicroMiniMe
06-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Your not going wrong with any of the three for your purposes. For a partially biased opinion (you did post on AO) I'd say get the RT Custom or Tac-1. Thinking long term down the road you have more options with AGD. Though I have no experience with A-5 E frames or the Autoresponse frame.

With the Mags right off the bat you get Level 10 bolt. Making chops virtually impossible. Speed is slightly in favor of AGD. Moreso if sweetspotting is legal where you play.
Z-Man vids (http://www.zakvetter.com/) Heheheee.
If you like the idea of no profile you can go with a warp body ULE Custom. Add on a Qloader if you want a battery-free setup.

If you think you may ever get into 24 hour games or night ops, the Tac-One body is made to support mounting various lights and scopes on the piccatiny(sp?) rails.

Mags require HPA, so CO2 is out. And even if the fields don't fill 4500 PSI and only do 3000 PSI fill, get a 4500 PSI tank. Spend the few bucks extra, they'll get 4500 fills eventually probably and you'd just want to sell the 3000 tank then.

The Spanish Inquisition
06-27-2004, 08:06 PM
I think coming from a 98 you will be disappointed in the durability of any spyder you buy. They are not bad markers but some of them require alot of attention which is bad when your teamates are counting on you. Have you thought of getting a used RT/Minmag, and starting an on upgrade path ending in a fully blown x-valved tac-one?

Hairball
06-27-2004, 08:26 PM
I guess the Tac-One comes stock with an Intelliframe, which is a good advantage. I'm a die-hard Tippmann fan, but in this case I'd go with the Tac-One. Faster, more consistent, etc., and I think that you would probably end up getting something a little better than the A5 in not too long, if you got one now.

Jaremy Rykker
06-27-2004, 09:07 PM
What exactly is the Intelliframe? And what is so good about it? I'd really like an idea of what more I'm getting in a TAC-ONE over the RT-ULE if its not just looks, a few more rails, and some added durability. As far as it goes, I might just pick up an HPA, see if my Tippmann still works with it, and if not buy the Spyder or a Piranha as a temporary replacement until I can afford the TAC-ONE or RT-ULE

Won Hunglo
06-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Hmmm... Where is the Angel A4 Fly button? :dance:

The Spanish Inquisition
06-27-2004, 09:40 PM
with the TAC you will be getting (over a bone stock custom)

a barrell
the tac body
an intelliframe

the intelliframe is a beautifuly machined dual fingerd trigger frame that can take a microswitch, which can be used to activate a agitated hopper, or any other toy you wish to hook it up to. it doesn't sound like much but it's very nice, and gives you more controll over the trigger pull.

Jaremy Rykker
06-29-2004, 04:21 PM
So, AGD? When will the T1 come off backorder?

kungfuhampster11
06-29-2004, 05:31 PM
yeah, the tac one costs 110 moreis cuz it comes with the intelliframe, u can add the intelliframe to the rt-ule package but it will be another 85, then a barrel is like 50 when the tac comes with one

player4
06-29-2004, 06:14 PM
I have a question for you. Why did you even consider a A-5, when you can save up for a mag?