PDA

View Full Version : what is this body?

GrassNinja
06-27-2004, 04:12 PM
hey all, I caught this on E-bay and am very interested. seems like a cheap ULE body.

anyone have any advice, or opinions???

thanks

GrassNinja

link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10554&item=3685478842&rd=1

Blazestorm
06-27-2004, 04:17 PM
Xtreme Depot IT Bodies.. made from a slug.

They're nice bodies, but had some tolerance issues and overall, I wouldn't recommend it... I say just get a ULE :D

Eskimo Paint Slinger
06-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Ya its an IT body. They don't make them anymore but you can maybe find them on e-bay once in a while.

viper_ssc
06-27-2004, 04:22 PM
I bought one from this guy and its nice. You do need to buy the feedneck, detents, c-clip, and washer though. The c-clip and washer are at AGD's online store. It is heavier than the ULE body (2oz).

RRfireblade
06-27-2004, 04:22 PM
It's either the Ti Paintball body which is a rip off of (and not made from a slug body) the Extreme depot body which WAS milled from a slug body.

Sounds like the Ti Paintball body which I've heard only bad things about.

Chronobreak
06-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Xtreme Depot IT Bodies.. made from a slug.

They're nice bodies, but had some tolerance issues and overall, I wouldn't recommend it... I say just get a ULE :D

thse were not made from slugs like chord,karta etc so they may not meet tolerances and they dont come with the steel inserts as well

RRfireblade
06-27-2004, 04:38 PM
thse were not made from slugs like chord,karta etc so they may not meet tolerances and they dont come with the steel inserts as well

I think your confusing the Ti Pball and the IT Extreme bodies. The IT Extremes were one of the first slug body designs.

the larch
06-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Well,
I'm the first guy to get one of these off of ebay. Seems to work well for me. One advantage to this body is that it is dual detent.
I got mine for about 50 bucks, so compared to the cost of a ule body........
the extra parts you need are cheap, or regular upgrade parts (clamping feed necks, better detents)
I get people regularly asking to take pictures of it.

GrassNinja
06-27-2004, 05:09 PM
First hand experience, thats great. Thanks a ton to all of you. FOr the price, Im really thinkin or tryin it out. I mean, come on, $50 or so. And I already have the detent and feedneck, so I only need the stuff I can get from AGD anyway. I think Ill do it thanks abunch to all of you.

GrassNinja

Well,
I'm the first guy to get one of these off of ebay. Seems to work well for me. One advantage to this body is that it is dual detent.
I got mine for about 50 bucks, so compared to the cost of a ule body........
the extra parts you need are cheap, or regular upgrade parts (clamping feed necks, better detents)
I get people regularly asking to take pictures of it.

Xtreme Depot
07-15-2004, 10:11 AM
We at Xtreme Depot Inc. have not had any problems with the bodies.

Xtreme Depot Inc. maker of the I.T. automag bodies is out of business. I want to thank all of you who have supported the bodies and my store.
If any of you are intrested in getting a body go to ebay and find this user he is selling the bodies alotfy1 . He is a good guy. He made them for me and I have since gone out of business and I am not selling these anymore. I just could not compete with the internet stores.
Here is a link to one of his posts on ebay. Like I said he is a excelent guy to deal with.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISA...B%3AEF%3AUS%3A1

Thank You
Matt
Xtreme Depot Inc. (Now out of buiness)

splatterbrain
07-15-2004, 12:28 PM
I bought one of these about 6 months ago . I've probably put about 3000 rounds through it and have had no problems at all. Look's kind a cool too.

Tunaman
07-15-2004, 05:58 PM
I think your confusing the Ti Pball and the IT Extreme bodies. The IT Extremes were one of the first slug body designs.Absolutely incorrect. Those were the IT bodies made by Titanium Paintball for Extreme Depot. They were made from scratch, and suffered from the same lousy specs as the PBX bodies. That is why we never got them made from them. It isn't worth it. You really MUST start with a slug if you want it right. They already proved that to us... ;)

RRfireblade
07-15-2004, 09:03 PM
Absolutely incorrect. Those were the IT bodies made by Titanium Paintball for Extreme Depot. They were made from scratch, and suffered from the same lousy specs as the PBX bodies. That is why we never got them made from them. It isn't worth it. You really MUST start with a slug if you want it right. They already proved that to us... ;)

My mistake then.

I thought I remembered thiers showing up first around the time of the slug release,must have been someone elses slug design I'm thinking of. :confused:

Edit:

I knew I wasn't totally crazy :D

Another Slug body idea Xtreme Depot

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66006

WOW!! Really nice! Get one milled and I will stick it at the top in the main forum.

AGD

I guess that was why I had that impression,I never really followed them much after that.

SlartyBartFast
07-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Absolutely incorrect. Those were the IT bodies made by Titanium Paintball for Extreme Depot. They were made from scratch, and suffered from the same lousy specs as the PBX bodies. That is why we never got them made from them. It isn't worth it. You really MUST start with a slug if you want it right. They already proved that to us... ;)

Really? Is Xtreme Depot lying then?

Once you know the tolerances its a myth that only AGD can produce high enough quality.

I mean AGD outsources for crying out loud.

SlartyBartFast
07-16-2004, 04:39 PM
My mistake then.
I thought I remembered thiers showing up first around the time of the slug release,must have been someone elses slug design I'm thinking of. :confused:

Edit:
I knew I wasn't totally crazy :D

So Xtreme, were the first few slug based?

But honestly, unless AGD deliberately inserted errors into the slug cad drawing that was released anybody with good machining skills could make an acceptable body.

If you were one of the lucky few that downloaded the file immediately after it was posted, you have all sorts of other goodies on the drawing as well. Intelliframe outline, std. body, placement of the sear pin, the sear, the rail... :clap: :dance:

Then I told AGD he may have made a mistake. :p

With all that, you could make your own Extreme mag body. I've made a 3d cad drawing of the lot, but haven't done any more than that in a while. I had a 3d model of an extended slug body (covering the entire valve) long before AGD made them available.