PDA

View Full Version : Considering purchasing a rt pro

mikew
10-14-2001, 06:52 PM
Hello Im new to this forum. Well I believe it is time to trade in my trusty old tippmann 98 custom for a new shiny rt pro. I have researched it and found the rt has alot of bang for the buck compared to most other markers. I have a few questions about the rt though one friend told me you need to run it on 900 psi he is not to bright so I do not belive him and my other question is the response trigger adjustable like the tippmanns is? Thank you all for your help.

DarkPhoenix
10-14-2001, 08:00 PM
I am sorry to say but your friend is partly wrong. The input pressure to the valve is what controls it's reactivity. I have set mine to 800psi. You can run it from 700+ psi (don't quote me on this one, I am unsure on the low range). The higher the input pressure the more reactive it is. There are people who have modified their guns to allow for the "runaway" mode, similar to that it the Reactive Trigger System in the M98, but a stock RT Pro will not "bounce" the trigger, if you will.

I used to own a RT Pro but I turned it in for a conversion to what is in my sig.

By the way, welcome to the forums. I hope we will be able to help you in any way we can.

Ityl
10-15-2001, 08:28 AM
You don't want it reactive like the model 98's. I put the input pressure as high as I could but so the trigger wouldn't "run away" and chop paint. With the hyperflow tank it was around 650 and and Flatline about 700. The gun is extremely fast when setup right and will not chop paint. The only reason an RT will chop paint is because something is wrong. I've had the input at 1000 and just bounced the trigger and didn't break a ball. It was pretty amazing.

Good luck with an excellent gun. I can sell you an RT pretty cheap if you want it. :)