PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do any Graphic/Animation?

digitard
06-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Hey,
I'm trying to find someone who can make one of those 10 second Graphic/Animation intro's like a regular movie. Sorta like your "company logo animation".

We've been doing work on paintball DVD's for our state (arizona) and I'd really like to get a nice "animation intro" that we can put in trailers and before the DVD menu (like when the disc loads).

I've already created a generic "photoshop" image that looks alright, but I'd REALLY like to get something that looks a lot more professional.

If anyone has any experience with this type of stuff, PLEASE PM me, or respond here.

Thanks,
Dave

sithos
06-27-2004, 05:51 PM
3d ehh?

www.benbow3d.com

check it out and let me know what you need done.

best way to contact me right now is via PM here. I'm doing some repairs on my workstation that the email goes to, and I don't really feel like forwarding it.

digitard
06-27-2004, 06:16 PM
You have a PM

Awsome work.

RiddalinJunkie08
06-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Sithos- What program is that and how much it cost? And how complicated is it to use?
-Mark

sithos
06-27-2004, 07:43 PM
I use Alias Maya 4.5 (I can't afford the upgrade to 6.0 right now)
Some of the work is also done in 3ds Max 4.0 (again, old version. I'm poor)

I've been using Rhino 3d recently to design the Advent for Off the Break.

So far as ease of use.... any 3d modeling and animation package can be learned, but you need to develop your artistic abilities to really do anything useful with it.

The programs cost around $3000 each, but they offer demo versions with limited rendering or save abilities that let you learn the software before you make the investment.
Thankfully my school has a partnership with the software companies and I am able to get them at the student price.