PDA

View Full Version : Question About The Tac One

_tMAN
06-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Does the tac-one come with an airline or am I going to have to buy that Separately?
And If I do have to buy it Separately can some point me in the right direction on what to buy?

Automaggot68
06-27-2004, 07:13 PM
I was under the influence that it doesn't come with anything, as you're suppossed to build it as you see fit, to your standards.
I'd go macroline if i were you, cheaper than buying stainless steel with a Q/D, and your local pro-shoppe will most likely carry macroline kits. They retail for no more than $15.
Have fun with your Tac-one !

WARPED1
06-27-2004, 07:21 PM
If it doesn't, it should come with airlines. Most scenario people just like to pull gun out of box, and add air and paint and shoot. Like Tippmanns. While the T1 is great, it is too much money and work for most scenario ballers. I know, because I started in scenario, and after 11 years in tourney, I've gone back.

jayloo
06-27-2004, 07:40 PM
A Tac-One is shipped lake all other mags (xmag, emag, rtpro ...etc).

NO AIRLINES OR CONNECTORS.

You need to prchase all macro line/steel braided lines and connectors.

RoadDawg
06-27-2004, 07:50 PM
I thought RTP's came with SS air hoses and a duckbill asa? Maybe I'm wrong I don't know.

WARPED1
06-27-2004, 07:59 PM
I thought RTP's came with SS air hoses and a duckbill asa? Maybe I'm wrong I don't know.
They should. For the price AGD is asking, you could get an upgraded M-98.
If AGD wants to break into scenario, they need to lower thier prices. Most scenario ballers buy a 500 round bag for a 12 hour scenario, and leave with 100 leftover!
Hell, most games don't give points for eliminations, except for generals.

Bulldog
06-27-2004, 09:06 PM
I was under the influence that it doesn't come with anything,
Since your a fellow socal player, I'll just say: Friends don't let friends type drunk. :D

Back to topic, I'm guessing no air lines unless you get it from a dealer.

Automaggot68
06-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Since your a fellow socal player, I'll just say: Friends don't let friends type drunk. :D

Back to topic, I'm guessing no air lines unless you get it from a dealer.

LOL. Not drunk, but funny none the less.

Jaremy Rykker
06-27-2004, 10:13 PM
Woah, that's a bit of a problem. I'd be buying a brand new marker myself in a month or two from AGD, and it wouldn't even come with a macroline. I have decent paintball maintenance skills, but that is after I've inspected a gun and intuitively learned just how it works. On the other hand, I'd have no clue how to get a macroline and bottomline ASA installed in a gun or anything, or what to get or anything. I would really appreciate it if any of the AGD techs would drop in here and explain whether or not it comes ready to be played with out of the box. If not, I might be looking back towards my A-5, because I hate having to mod a gun right out of the box. After a dozen small games of course, but right out the box I just want to hook up air and go out and play with it.

So, could somebody who has purchased a TAC-ONE or an AGD tech inform me whether this is ready to play with out of the box? If not, I might have to rethink my current decision because buying macrolines and all that stuff is just to much work for me right off the bat as compared to the Tippmann which I can just throw a tank on, fill the hopper, and let loose.

Automaggot68
06-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Woah, that's a bit of a problem. I'd be buying a brand new marker myself in a month or two from AGD, and it wouldn't even come with a macroline. I have decent paintball maintenance skills, but that is after I've inspected a gun and intuitively learned just how it works. On the other hand, I'd have no clue how to get a macroline and bottomline ASA installed in a gun or anything, or what to get or anything. I would really appreciate it if any of the AGD techs would drop in here and explain whether or not it comes ready to be played with out of the box. If not, I might be looking back towards my A-5, because I hate having to mod a gun right out of the box. After a dozen small games of course, but right out the box I just want to hook up air and go out and play with it.

So, could somebody who has purchased a TAC-ONE or an AGD tech inform me whether this is ready to play with out of the box? If not, I might have to rethink my current decision because buying macrolines and all that stuff is just to much work for me right off the bat as compared to the Tippmann which I can just throw a tank on, fill the hopper, and let loose.

Dude. Macro is REALLY easy to use. most fitting already come with loctite type stuff on the threads, so all you have to do it screw them into your valve, and on your bottomline. If you wanted to, you could use your M98 bottom line as well. Just cut (make sure it's CLEAN) the macroline to how long you need it, and slide each end into the fitting. Easy as that. ALOT easier than stainless.

Edit: Hell, If you want, I can hook you up with a free bottmline ASA, all you'd have to do is pay me shipping, which would only be around a dollar or two.
Catch me on AIM, or I'll see you on it, if you have it.

Jaremy Rykker
06-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Telling me macro is easy to use... that's how I :cuss: up my Tippy. Jammed it in there super tight, trying to get it out I broke the tip off the powertube and actually made the wrench grip completely circular. Didn't have a clue what loctite was. Applied superglue and epoxy, and that solved the problem that it was still leaking and it wasn't ever coming out again anyways. Of course, the tube is still broken as the epoxy won't hold that tip on, so I will be needing to send it into Tippmann for repairs as I can't get my velocity up. Screw is almost out, and my velocity is still only getting about 250 off CO2 on a hot summer day, not to mention that a good deal of each shot's CO2 goes flying up the feed because the powertube doesn't control that anymore, so my firing rate has slowed because it won't feed that fast anymore unless I have a full hopper.

So, I really don't want to ever go through that hellish experience again, even if I know what loctite is this time. It is just too much a pain in the :cuss: to ever again try installing that myself, and god knows I hate going to the proshop to install stuff.

When I open a box, I like to do this. :shooting: and this :hail:
Not this. :eek: and this :cry:

Halliday
06-27-2004, 11:00 PM
A Tac-One is shipped lake all other mags (xmag, emag, rtpro ...etc).

NO AIRLINES OR CONNECTORS.

You need to prchase all macro line/steel braided lines and connectors.
Wrong. My bud's new ULE RTP came with the steel hose installed. No quick-disconnect, but oh well.

_tMAN
06-27-2004, 11:05 PM
WOW!
I didn't assume that I would get such a big response.
I have had bad luck with macro/micro line in the past. Could someone give me some links on where to find some stainless steels braided hoses?
If I'm not mistaken the T1 has a gas through front grip right? So I would like to get 2 different lines. Could someone tell me what I need to buy and maybe the lengths I would need. I just need for AGD to get some more T1's in.

jayloo
06-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Wrong. My bud's new ULE RTP came with the steel hose installed. No quick-disconnect, but oh well.

I bought a Tac-One and fresh out of the box ......... just a gun no lines.

I bought 2 emags forom AGD and guess what no air lines or connectors either.

And the 2 RT Pros I recently help 2 other folks get .... no air lines either.

And just last week my x-mag finally came in and it was bare .... no air connections.

Maybe its just when I order, or i didn't use the secret handshake or word. :rolleyes:

I have personally received 6 guns shipped from AGD with no air accessories what-so-ever.

Is it an option I failed to have added at the time the order was placed? Could just be an easy oversight by me then.

Anyway I never cared and frankly never even thought about this subject till now. I always had my macro and air fittings ready to go.

SampsonFBC
06-27-2004, 11:24 PM
Telling me macro is easy to use... that's how I :cuss: up my Tippy. Jammed it in there super tight, trying to get it out I broke the tip off the powertube and actually made the wrench grip completely circular. Didn't have a clue what loctite was. Applied superglue and epoxy, and that solved the problem that it was still leaking and it wasn't ever coming out again anyways. Of course, the tube is still broken as the epoxy won't hold that tip on, so I will be needing to send it into Tippmann for repairs as I can't get my velocity up. Screw is almost out, and my velocity is still only getting about 250 off CO2 on a hot summer day, not to mention that a good deal of each shot's CO2 goes flying up the feed because the powertube doesn't control that anymore, so my firing rate has slowed because it won't feed that fast anymore unless I have a full hopper.

Seriously and kind of air line and stuff is like the easiest thing to put on a gun and is hardly "modding" it. You screw it in and then cut the macro like maybe an inch or two longer that you think you need and stick it in and viola!

Jaremy Rykker
06-27-2004, 11:24 PM
I really would appreciate it if somebody from AGD would clear this up. I keep getting conflicting information and I'm very concerned about this, and if you are trying to marker a scenario gun with all these ups such as lvl10, x-valve, and intelliframe already on it, you'd better as hell make it ready out of the box, or you are not going to win over a lot of the scenario people.

jayloo
06-27-2004, 11:25 PM
WOW!
I didn't assume that I would get such a big response.
I have had bad luck with macro/micro line in the past. Could someone give me some links on where to find some stainless steels braided hoses?
If I'm not mistaken the T1 has a gas through front grip right? So I would like to get 2 different lines. Could someone tell me what I need to buy and maybe the lengths I would need. I just need for AGD to get some more T1's in.

The tac-one has a vert asa and a gas through grip that screws into that. Yes you would need two lines and 4 connectors. I used macro for mine (first pic) and T.K. used steel braided hose covered with shrink tubing on his tac-one (second and third pic). I took both of those pics.

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/3000/tac_one_017090_rs.jpg
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/1000/100_07971093.jpg
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/1000/100_07989869.jpg

Tunaman
06-28-2004, 07:55 AM
I bought a Tac-One and fresh out of the box ......... just a gun no lines.

I bought 2 emags forom AGD and guess what no air lines or connectors either.

And the 2 RT Pros I recently help 2 other folks get .... no air lines either.

And just last week my x-mag finally came in and it was bare .... no air connections.

Maybe its just when I order, or i didn't use the secret handshake or word. :rolleyes:

I have personally received 6 guns shipped from AGD with no air accessories what-so-ever.

Is it an option I failed to have added at the time the order was placed? Could just be an easy oversight by me then.

Anyway I never cared and frankly never even thought about this subject till now. I always had my macro and air fittings ready to go.The Tac Ones come with no air lines at all.
The RT pro ULE custom does indeed come with the stainless airlines and asa is is ready to shoot right out of the box. If the 2 above mentioned RT pros you got for your friends above did not come with airlines then you got ripped off somewhat. Always buy your AGD stuff from a "reputable " dealer. ;)

_tMAN
06-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Ok thanks for the help but I still want to go with steel braided hose. I have a screw in tank so I need 3-4 connectors. I have a huge drop forward (yeah, yeah, I have a huge tank so I have a reason). So what kind of connectors do I need? and where can I get them? I am a complete n00b to airlines. But I know that I want quick disconnects and ones that swivel. Is tis possible? :confused:

Creative Mayhem
06-28-2004, 10:05 AM

Anyway I never cared and frankly never even thought about this subject till now. I always had my macro and air fittings ready to go.

I think this is what AGD was thinking... Most people want hose routing a certain way, I know I do, and if they include airlines then people might not like the way its routed and then just toss the line away(toolbox) and never look at that line again. This would be a cost that AGD would have to add to the price, in the end it makes the gun cheaper to make and in the end sell. I know what you're thinking, "What can a piece of macroline and fittngs cost? Or a piece of SS hose?" you're right when you say, "next to nothing" but it would still bring the cost down. Afterall, how many times have you heard or seen someone say/post "AGD costs soo much, why?" This may be one small reason... My .02 cents.

judster
06-28-2004, 02:39 PM
If it doesn't, it should come with airlines. Most scenario people just like to pull gun out of box, and add air and paint and shoot. Like Tippmanns. While the T1 is great, it is too much money and work for most scenario ballers. I know, because I started in scenario, and after 11 years in tourney, I've gone back.
im sorry. what makes you the expert on 'most scenario people'? you just got back into it bro, no offence but 'most scenario people' are not like that at all. saying that the gun should come with the fittings is liks saying it should come with a hopper(after all the tippmann A-5 does)the tac-one is in the perfect price range for scenario players. how do you think tom came up with the price? he asked scenario players. so what if it doenst come with air fittings. people like to have a choice on their air hoses. i like steel braided, a team mate likes micro, not a big deal. 'most scenario players' do not buy their gun, take it in the box to the event and want to shoot it. we are like most other players out there...we like to tinker with out toys before we play with them. i am glad you have gotten back into scenarios, but sorry, i really dont think you have the voice of 'most scenario players'...i suggest you go to a big promoter's scenario game and mingle with the peeps there...maybe then you can get a feel for it. this is not you daddys scenario game. :D

Muzikman
06-28-2004, 02:46 PM
im sorry. what makes you the expert on 'most scenario people'? you just got back into it bro, no offence but 'most scenario people' are not like that at all. saying that the gun should come with the fittings is liks saying it should come with a hopper(after all the tippmann A-5 does)the tac-one is in the perfect price range for scenario players. how do you think tom came up with the price? he asked scenario players. so what if it doenst come with air fittings. people like to have a choice on their air hoses. i like steel braided, a team mate likes micro, not a big deal. 'most scenario players' do not buy their gun, take it in the box to the event and want to shoot it. we are like most other players out there...we like to tinker with out toys before we play with them. i am glad you have gotten back into scenarios, but sorry, i really dont think you have the voice of 'most scenario players'...i suggest you go to a big promoter's scenario game and mingle with the peeps there...maybe then you can get a feel for it. this is not you daddys scenario game. :D

I think Warped1 is getting Scenario and Rec players confused. Scenario guys are smart when it comes to paintball and what things setup a certain way, Rec ballers (though, not all) are the people who buy a gun, open the box and go play.

_tMAN
06-28-2004, 04:23 PM
Focus Please
Ok thanks for the help but I still want to go with steel braided hose. I have a screw in tank so I need 3-4 connectors. I have a huge drop forward (yeah, yeah, I have a huge tank so I have a reason). So what kind of connectors do I need? and where can I get them? I am a complete n00b to airlines. But I know that I want quick disconnects and ones that swivel. Is this possible?

Jaremy Rykker
06-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Still, even with this problem, I am still very sold on the TAC-ONE. The marker looks so sweet, and it is well set up even for the basic mostly-stock TAC-ONE (throw on a trigger pull kit and what else). So, I still have a couple questions.

How *exactly* do you install steel-braided line? I don't know how to do this, even though I get almost everything else, and I will need it explained how to do this, as I don't really care for macro as it seems to flimsy. Tippys come with steel-braided lines, correct? I love the feel of that Tippy gas line, and want exactly that on my TAC-ONE, so I can feel safe being a little rough. (If the Tippy line is a macro-line, tell me how to install that instead). As well, where can I get gaslines? I'm assuming my local proshop should sell them, or is this not a good assumption?

Finally, when will the TAC-ONEs come off backorder. For a marker I'm so sold on, the AGD store constantly has them on backorder, and I'd like to know when they will become available for sale again.

Tom Kaye... a perfect product... but you need to step up and produce it.

_tMAN
06-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Jaremy Rykker your stealing my thread man

Jaremy Rykker
06-28-2004, 06:46 PM
C'mon man! I was going to make my own, but you made one just in time so I decided to practice my skills for my pb groups next terrorist scenario. Rather than hijacking some crappy old warehouse or barn or something like that, I decided to practice by hijacking a thread and here I go.

:ninja:

All in all, more questions so I have compiled a list of my as yet unanswered questions.

Gas Line Questions
1)What type of line is found as the Tippmann 98 gas line?
2)Where do I pick up this sort of line to use as a TAC-ONE gas line?
3)What all exactly do I need to install this gas line, inclduing parts like connectors and such?
4)How do I install this gas line?
5)What is the estimated cost of these parts?

X-Valve/HPA Questions
1)What is the ideal 68/45 (or similiar) HPA tank to use for about $200 for running my X-Valve and its Response Trigger abilities? I have been looking at Pure Energy and Dye Throttle presets as presets are much cheaper than adjustables and as such within my reach.

TAC-ONE Questions
1)What sort of trigger is included on an all-stock TAC-ONE?
2)In addition to the gas line, what other touches will I need to make before I can use my TAC-ONE?
3)How is the stock barrel on the TAC-ONE as compared to other similarly priced barrels?
4)Why is the TAC-ONE always on backorder?

PRPB
06-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Focus Please
Ok thanks for the help but I still want to go with steel braided hose. I have a screw in tank so I need 3-4 connectors. I have a huge drop forward (yeah, yeah, I have a huge tank so I have a reason). So what kind of connectors do I need? and where can I get them? I am a complete n00b to airlines. But I know that I want quick disconnects and ones that swivel. Is this possible?

You can use 2 90º connectors and run the hose from the valve to your drop(first pic). Or used four 90º connectors and run a hose from the valve to vertical ASA and then from the bottom of the gas thru to your drop (second pic, although you cant see the connectors at the bottom to well). Since you want to use SS hose you would what to use a Quick Disconnect when connecting the hose to the valve and vetical ASA

Swivel Elbows
http://www.countypaintball.com/product_description.asp?item=2480

hoses
http://www.countypaintball.com/product_overview.asp?from=products&category=3&subcategory=62

_tMAN
06-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Thank You PRPB
That's what I was looking for, but the age old question still comes up, Macroline Vs Steel Braided.

what do you think is more reliable?

PRPB
06-28-2004, 09:00 PM
Well I always found SS hoses and fittings to be more reliable. Macro hoses tend to blow and I have seen the the fittings break off from people taking a fall, but I'm going to give macro another try. I plan on getting some of the macro line that -=Squid=- is going to be selling, but untill then I'll be staying with my SS.

_tMAN
06-28-2004, 10:08 PM
So PRPB what fittings exactly do you have on your gun?

PRPB
06-28-2004, 10:13 PM
I use SS on my E-mag, minimag, and tippmann 98.

I have Macro line on my BKO, and 68 automag.

_tMAN
06-28-2004, 11:41 PM
ok,
I'm going to go with the SBH

AGD
06-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Actually there are specific reasons why we dont put airlines on some of our products. First off macroline fittings are rated to 150 psi. Its not something we sell because doing so could get us sued and I dont want to feel responsible if someone gets hurt.

The Tac-One was brought out at the lowest possible price since the body costs so much. In comparison Tippmans die-cast body costs about 10 bucks finished. The aluminum for the Tac body costs more than that. The stainless lines and fittings we use are more expensive than macro line so you are actually saving money buying the gun without hoses and getting them yourself.

AGD

_tMAN
06-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Thanks Tom