PDA

View Full Version : Yay! I Only broke 3 feedneck elbows today!!

The Spanish Inquisition
06-27-2004, 08:26 PM
I have a minimag body and I Halo B, therefore I have to use a elbow. The halo is just too damn heavy and keeps snapping the new style plastic elbows. I expect to have problems with elbows, but I have gone through 6 in 3 weeks. And before you ask, no I only tighten them finger tight, and I use a little dishsoap on them to help it stick. I dug out the last of my old style (semi rubbery) viewloader elbows and if this thing breaks Im going to cry. Anyone have the same problem? Am I alone?

Blazestorm
06-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Buy a ULE body :D

angelbeast24
06-27-2004, 08:35 PM
why do u have a halo on a mech gun an egg can do fine.

RRfireblade
06-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Allen Paintball Products Atomic elbow. Last one you'll ever buy....guaranteed. ;)

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
06-27-2004, 08:47 PM
those sound like new revy shells or lids, so weak you go thru them so fast

Snertz
06-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Sounds odd, but have you tried a VL elbow, the new ones? those things are pretty beefy, opposite of pretty much everything else they make. Have yet to break one, even after cranking the screws with a screwdriver, then beating on it..hard.. :shooting:

FreakBaller12
06-27-2004, 08:51 PM

didn't you know? These shells are disposable, one day use only ;)

ß.C.
06-27-2004, 08:56 PM
why do u have a halo on a mech gun an egg can do fine.

He might have other guns, that was a pointless comment. Anyways, try using a 9v on your halo. It won't cut off too much weight but a little might do a lot.

Head knight of Ni
06-27-2004, 09:03 PM

:rofl: My friend broke his revvy's lid today sliding into the Airball bunkers. My reloader is still in one piece and it's older. :ninja:

The Spanish Inquisition
06-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Ok i'll switch to 9v and I just orderd the allen atomic.

On a semi related note, A ball went straight through my friends hopper today, in one side and out the other. It was a cheapo "fuel" hopper but it was quite funny at the time.

FallNAngel
06-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Anyways, try using a 9v on your halo. It won't cut off too much weight but a little might do a lot.

ehh, running a Halo off a 9v isn't a good idea...

The Spanish Inquisition
06-27-2004, 09:44 PM
yeah, quite a few less amps than the aa's. have you tried it?

68automagpwnr
06-27-2004, 11:21 PM
The same thing happened to me when i was waiting for my xvalve to come in, i got my halo and used it on my spyder, ick, i didnt have feeding problems but i dropped my halo 6 times in a total of 4 games, lost about 200 rounds of paint and broke my elbow. But i solved it by getting a ULE, but yes in your case what i would do is either get a ULE or an egg.

cheetah256
06-28-2004, 01:23 AM
Allen Paintball Products Atomic elbow. Last one you'll ever buy....guaranteed. ;)

agreed. i haven't bought an elbow in two years.

Enemy
06-28-2004, 02:28 AM
ever thought of using the none adjustable elbows im talking no screws just straight plastic...you might have to sand the halo down a bit but im yet to break one as my brother has gone through three adjustables...just a thought also im not lugging a halo around for i did think that that was too much for my single trig classic now my x will be getting one soon!!!

68automagpwnr
06-28-2004, 02:38 AM
Theres not too many ways around this, if you use one that isnt adjustable the halo weighs so much it will just fall forward or backward and then just fall off, but if you take electrical tape and do the same it will eventually do the same. All you can do is get an Egg or a ULE

The Spanish Inquisition
06-28-2004, 04:40 PM
you guys give up to easily, I'll mill my own elbow and use set screws if I have to (dont want a ule) However, I will try a few more types before I resort to that. The majority of the elbows that I have broken recently were made of some type of acryllic anyway and after looking at them I think they were designed to break after a few uses. making elbows that don't break isn't a very profitable business, you can only sell to a customer once.

vf-xx
06-28-2004, 04:56 PM
If you really want to ghetto it, talk with the guy who's doing the metal Warpfeed adapters. If one of the 45* adapters will fit a halo and the powerfeed, then all you need to do is cut a slot in either end and get some hose clamps. There you'd have a nice metal elbow.

PRPB
06-28-2004, 05:19 PM
The only elbow I ever used was an ACI. That thing lasted for years. Finally broke when my air hose was shot off and smacked into it. After that I started using a warp and had no need for them anymore.

As for the people that are saying to get an egg. I would be pointless; cause the weight of the egg full is pretty much the same as a full halo.

Dawg047
06-28-2004, 07:33 PM
This sounds kind of crazy but get a 90* warp adapter, the one that looks like a powerfeed and slip it on your body then run an elbow off of that. It will make your setup alot taller but you will have all the weight centered over the gun evenly and will not break. OF COURSE IT WILL LOOK WEIRD but it does work. If you bought an atomic elbow you wont have problems. You could also look around for a vert feed minimag body.

jdhogg
06-29-2004, 12:18 AM
ive had my VLbow for a really long time, around 3 years i think, i stopped using it about a week ago cause i got a vertical feed body. it is a way cool elbow.

Deathshadow9k
06-29-2004, 02:02 AM
you guys keep sayin to get an egg, but you're forgetting the fact that when they're both loaded up with paint the weight of a halo with 6 AA batteries in it and full paint is the same as an egg with the two 9v's and full paint (only cuz the egg holds more paint than the halo)

ShooterJM
06-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Just go down to the hardware store and in the plumbing section pick up a copper elbow. They're like 50 cents. Make sure your halo fits in and that it slides over the body of your mag. Works well and is shiny. I used one on my warp setup for awhile.

Rhinopkc
06-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Get one of these from Palmer's!http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/images/misc/pps-feed-yoke.jpg It's aluminum, if you break that one, you're playing hard enough to start playing stock class!!

sneakyhacker420
06-30-2004, 04:49 PM
Allen Paintball Products Atomic elbow. Last one you'll ever buy....guaranteed. ;)tru dat! and even it it does break or get damaged, APP will replace it for FREE, just send in the card and the broken elbow, and they'll send you back a brand new one... with another card of course :headbang:

RRfireblade
06-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Get one of these from Palmer's!http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/images/misc/pps-feed-yoke.jpg It's aluminum, if you break that one, you're playing hard enough to start playing stock class!!

Yeah.....and it's only like $60+SH :rolleyes:

Rhinopkc
06-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah.....and it's only like $60+SH :rolleyes:
Hey, you get what you pay for! An elbow that never breaks is way better than one with a lifetime warranty, because if it breaks while you're playing :cuss: , the warranty don't mean squat!

RRfireblade
06-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Atomic Elbow @ $2.50/$60=A lifetime of elbows for at least two dozen people. And I've yet to see one broken so far.

But Whatever. :D

abaez
06-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Why don't you get one of the metal elbows someone is selling in the dealers section?

sneakyhacker420
06-30-2004, 10:08 PM
cause thoes are for a warp, its 7/8" to 7/8"

feedneck elbows are 7/8" to 1.040" (eg: mag) or 1" to 1.040" (eg: talon)

JoyInTheMadness
06-30-2004, 11:33 PM
www.palmer-pursuit.com and try the ultimate elbow :)

sneakyhacker420
06-30-2004, 11:45 PM
have any of you idiots seen the price on the PPS elbow? its a rip-off

just get an atomic elbow for a buck-99, and if you feel like it, go down to the hardware store and get 2 hose clamps to hold it tight if you don't feel safe

Rhinopkc
07-01-2004, 12:47 AM
have any of you idiots seen the price on the PPS elbow? its a rip-off

just get an atomic elbow for a buck-99, and if you feel like it, go down to the hardware store and get 2 hose clamps to hold it tight if you don't feel safe

You don't have to call someone an idiot just because you aren't willing to pay for something that nice. How is it a ripoff? You're obviously the idiot here if you have to resort to name calling over an elbow. Try growing up before engaging in any more conversation here.