PDA

View Full Version : Tactical/Woodsball field in WA?

Deathshadow9k
06-27-2004, 09:23 PM
hey guys i live in washington state and as much as i enjoy playin rec-ball and speed-ball i've always been a push over for chances to play scenario/tactical games.
I was wondering if anybody knows where some good places are to do this in Washington State?

magking1971
06-27-2004, 09:59 PM
You are on the wrong side of the state for me to help you, but for the eastern side check out www.dougbob.com

Blazestorm
06-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Nope, I've been sorta looking into the same thing...

Tournaments are just not my thing, maybe watching them and going to them, but not playing. I want to play paintball for fun, in the woods, on an airball course, in a huge scenario. Wherever, I just never ever want it to be competitive to the point where I get mad on the field. I mean if someone cheats, I don't want to have to tolerate that, but I don't want to get into arguing with refs and cussing on the field.

I was thinking about going to shatner-ball next year, :D

Jaremy Rykker
06-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Scenario paintball is sort of lacking around here. I've actually been looking for any larger groups of outlaw paintballers to hook up with. I play with a group that ranges from 5-15, but doubling or tripling that size would make games a bit more fun as we've managed to find a pretty large and cool field. Several fields run big games and such, including Splat Attack (they have one coming up in September I believe), KC Crusaders (quite a few in the roster), and Operation Paintball (early next month, I might go). But, back to my outlaw group. The reason we play outlaw here is mostly because we're poor and don't want to bother with cheaters. I try to go to a lot of the big games and some scenario games because they are fun, but I don't really care for the rec-ball as $50 for a day of rec-ball is just to much at a commercial field when I could spend $20 out in the woods, or in the case of our main field, Devil's Elbow. We play at the bottom where it lives out for a good number of acres, and we have a large flat, unpopulated area to play in. A creek runs right through the center, and we might look into developing it as a field soon, but that depends. You know, throwing up some bunkers, and starting to post information about it. Maybe even making better bridges than the log bridges we have so far developed over the central island. The creek itself is one of the main battlefields as it runs through the center of everything. Good fun, but some more people would be nice to really work out tactics and plots and such.

Deathshadow9k
06-28-2004, 10:21 PM
what area you around abouts in Rykker?

and as for KC crusaders.....they blow....they can suck my nuts cuz i hate em so much....i'll only go to their 24 hour game and i'm gonna miss it this year....other than that i hope they go out of business

Jaremy Rykker
06-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Renton, and you?

Deathshadow9k
06-28-2004, 10:34 PM
name bar says it all but....Lynnwood, bout 15 miles north of Seattle

Jaremy Rykker
06-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Ah right. Lynnwood. Not too far. What fields around here are any good?

Deathshadow9k
06-28-2004, 10:48 PM
up north in snohomish and everett is STP and Doodlebugs, down farther south around Kent and Federal Way and Auburn is Splat attack, OP (Operation Paintball), and i cant remember the name of the one in federal way but Blazestorm is tryin to get an AO day planned there in august

RetroEclipseMan
06-29-2004, 12:18 AM
Hey Jeremy, you live in the highlands to? Which Devil's Elbow do you guys play at anyways cause I know people call a few different places that. Is it the one down by Siera Heights? Oh yeah you guys should check out the thread in Meet and Greet. We're trying to get an AO meet going sometime at the end of July.

Jaremy Rykker
06-29-2004, 10:52 AM
I've played there past Sierra Heights. All the paint at the rockbed in the bottom of the ravine there was us, heh. Waiting for the start of the next game we got bored and would shoot all the waps and mosquitoes and such. Good fun target practice. We go to that field every now and then. Another field that is a little less than that, but not bad is over above the Maple Valley Golf Course in the woods there.

However, when I refer to Devil's Elbow, I refer to the part near the Kennydale Hall where you walk down the road pretty far, then take a narrow, somewhat overgrown foot trail out to a large flat area in the bottom of the canyon. I'm surprised, as we weren't the first ones down there, and several trees in our staging area were well painted. Is that you guys? I'd like to get together with a few more woodsballers, just because I don't really care for the price of fields. Our only field that could support a full 40-50 would be what I refer to as Devil's Elbow, and maybe the one over by Sierra Heights. But we only have 5-15 so we can generally play wherever we want. But I do wish we had more. Just don't want to go pay $50 at a commercial field so that I can see people wipe and cheat.

RetroEclipseMan
06-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Ok, that's the other Devil's Elbow I figured you were talking about. Nah, that wasn't us. I live over behind Mapple Wood Park if you know where that is and we used to have a field in that big greenbelt. It hasn't been there for a few years. Just became too much of a pain to keep maintaining with all the kids that would destroy it. Let me know the next time you guys play. May just have to fill up the co2 tank and rock my old spyder or the RTP.

Jaremy Rykker
06-29-2004, 01:25 PM
You have AIM? Post your AIM on here and we might talk. Heh. I live on the other side of that greenbelt, and we've played there once.

MSN works too.