PDA

View Full Version : Think I am going to quit paintball

punkncat
06-27-2004, 09:48 PM
I have been seriously considering giving up paintball. My physical condition is getting worse(cause I am lazy), along with my mobility and damaged sight in my "dominant" eye from an accident at work. I really have no intrest in trying to play in eye glasses that I now need.
Topped with the fact that I am tired of dealing with muppets at the rec feild , and can't afford to play scenarios.
Riding my motorcycle is easier to take time for , and cheaper.

ojhspyro89
06-27-2004, 09:50 PM
That sucks, can i have ur gun!?

Hairball
06-27-2004, 10:01 PM
I play with glasses no problem... It's relatively easy to find masks that clear them, as long as you don't buy huge frames.

hobbesTZ
06-27-2004, 10:04 PM
If you're condition is really that bad, you're not just quitting.

If you stopping just because of muppets, you're a quitter.

Deathshadow9k
06-27-2004, 10:13 PM
if yur havin probs from wearin glasses, buy a V-force mask (really comfy with glasses)
if yur quittin from muppets, get pissed and do some physical violence (i punched a guy for stealin my paint and tryin to drive away with it.....2/3 of a case but i aint got that much money to blow to have people stealin a $70 case of paint)
and if yur lazy, play to keep in shape

punkncat
If you're condition is really that bad, you're not just quitting.

If you stopping just because of muppets, you're a quitter.

What the ..?

I hope you understood what you meant. Maybe I am just "slow" tonight......

tony3
Well, don't let the door hit you on the way out, one less negative person at the field imo.

punkncat
06-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Well, don't let the door hit you on the way out, one less negative person at the field imo.

I am glad that you know me well enough to make this assumption!?

I am not nor have I ever been a negative person on the field. I am actually one of the nicest most helpful people at the field you will ever meet. Not too many players will loan their marker to a noob while repairing their marker for free. Not too many players will pick up every noob on the field just to make them feel better....while taking on the other side "solo".

Thanks for the well wishes bunghole.

player4
06-27-2004, 10:24 PM
You're going to quite paintball? :eek: I can't beleive it. Anways, thanks for making a new thread and telling us about it. By the way, you have excellent reason for quitting.

tony3
06-27-2004, 10:28 PM

I am not nor have I ever been a negative person on the field. I am actually one of the nicest most helpful people at the field you will ever meet. Not too many players will loan their marker to a noob while repairing their marker for free. Not too many players will pick up every noob on the field just to make them feel better....while taking on the other side "solo".

Well then, I apologize, my bad.

coolcatpete
06-27-2004, 10:34 PM
Flex 7s work for glasses. I almost quit as well, then I started playing agian just becasue my friends bugged me and I fell in love with it all over again. Sell your marker stay low for awhile and then come back with a pump in a month or two you will feel refreshed and reborn in paintball :tard: .
Pete

UltimatePaintballer
06-27-2004, 10:36 PM
its better to lose a sport then to lose an eye

Halliday
06-27-2004, 10:39 PM
My good paintball buddy quit playing to have more money for his Harley. Things happen :cheers:

punkncat
06-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Flex 7s work for glasses. I almost quit as well, then I started playing agian just becasue my friends bugged me and I fell in love with it all over again. Sell your marker stay low for awhile and then come back with a pump in a month or two you will feel refreshed and reborn in paintball :tard: .
Pete

Perhaps that is what I need. Take a breather break. Let the weather cool down some. Get used to the glasses...and see how I feel later.
Not to mention the loss in selling used equipment.

coolcatpete
06-27-2004, 10:45 PM
Perhaps that is what I need. Take a breather break. Let the weather cool down some. Get used to the glasses...and see how I feel later.
just lay low for the summer, so you dont get as hot seeing how you are not in pristine condition.
Pete

Halliday
06-27-2004, 10:47 PM
I don't know your stand on the CPPA, but you could donate your equipment. It would go to some needy attendee of the next National Gathering :clap:
Just a thought......

tyrion2323
06-27-2004, 10:49 PM

Well....you are the one who posted a thread about how you're quitting paintball...

punkncat
06-27-2004, 10:51 PM
I don't know your stand on the CPPA, but you could donate your equipment. It would go to some needy attendee of the next National Gathering :clap:
Just a thought......

Not trying to sound greedy , but I am not in a financial situation that I could actually afford to give away 5K of equipment. Wish I was!

punkncat
06-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Well....you are the one who posted a thread about how you're quitting paintball...

But how does considering giving up the sport make me a negative player? Or warrent someone who doesn't know me saying "don't let the door hit you on the way out"?

Eh? Regardless , he apologized and thats the end of it in my book.....

coolcatpete
06-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Don't make it worse and slam the door on him.
Pete

Eskimo Paint Slinger
06-27-2004, 10:56 PM
If you don't enjoy doing a sport anymore you shouldn't play. Doesnt make sense to play if your not haveing fun right?

Good luck with your motorcycles!

:cheers:

Halliday
06-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Not trying to sound greedy , but I am not in a financial situation that I could actually afford to give away 5K of equipment. Wish I was!
I had no idea it would be that much :cry: A newb got a pristine Blazer last time. It was donated with the directive, "Give it to someone that needs it." The kid's Black Maxx broke, and soon..... :shooting:

RusskiX
06-28-2004, 06:17 AM
If you don't enjoy doing a sport anymore you shouldn't play. Doesnt make sense to play if your not haveing fun right?

Good luck with your motorcycles!

:cheers:

Ditto. :bounce:

TheTramp
06-28-2004, 12:37 PM
My physical condition is getting worse(cause I am lazy)....

I'd say that this would be a good reason to keep playing paintball. Riding a motercycle isn't going help you keep in shape (even though it's a lot of fun :D ).

shartley
06-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Sorry to hear that. Might I suggest getting together with the growing group of folks that believe that the game is more than being the fastest moving, fastest shooting, and fastest mouth on the field. There are plenty of folks out there that enjoy the game for “old school” reasons and don’t mind turning it down a notch but still having a great time.

If you would like to get in contact with some of these folks, shoot me off a PM and I will hook you up.

Then again, if you truly want to stop playing, have fun doing whatever you choose to do with your time. That is what it is all about anyways. Have fun, and enjoy life.

WARPED1
06-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Hey, feces occurs, good luck in future hobbies.

Cryer
06-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Paintball sucks.

I'm weighing simliar issues... finances vs time, etc
Right now, I'm leaning towards creating a large misc item F/S thread and wahsing my hands of it all.

Find something you like and have at it ;)