PDA

View Full Version : goldish valve

elpimpo
06-27-2004, 10:42 PM
i was out ballin wiht theflamingkoosh today and he looked at one of my mags and he was like "did you paint that like that" and i was like "huh" he said hes never seen a gold classic valve. are they special or something? i think i have some pics on my computer somewhere illt ry and post them

elpimpo
06-27-2004, 10:46 PM
not great, but u can see the valve

elpimpo
06-27-2004, 10:51 PM
other side, sorry they arent close ups

coolcatpete
06-27-2004, 10:54 PM
How much do you want for the valve.
Pete

elpimpo
06-27-2004, 10:56 PM
id like to know how much they are worth cause i dont wanna get the shaft if i sell it

punkncat
06-27-2004, 11:00 PM
Seems like there was a micro or minimag released that was all gold. Probably where that came from.
A friend of mine had one that was really stunning. Didn't help him hide in the woods though lol

skife
06-27-2004, 11:15 PM
Seems like there was a micro or minimag released that was all gold. Probably where that came from.
A friend of mine had one that was really stunning. Didn't help him hide in the woods though lol

the shop i go to has a micro E thats 24k gold plated
the valve is just a regular micro e valve.

Lurker27
06-28-2004, 12:28 AM
Get your stuff TiN coated. Harder than Anno, too.

mcdkid
06-28-2004, 01:43 AM
the gold micro bodies and the gold agd valves have no conection, and the gold micros ,unlike the valves, are are easy to find/order.

just thought i would clear that up.

also if someone has a pic or a full gold agd mag please please post a pic!

Fred
06-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Check the SN... they should have a GG XXXX... Tato has one... it stands for Golden Gun...

---Fred

trevorjk
06-28-2004, 11:47 AM
theres one down at my local store that has the gold valve gold connectors and gold trigger :)... ill take pics

trevorjk
06-28-2004, 07:09 PM
sorry pics arent great but i think you get the idea

RRfireblade
06-28-2004, 07:43 PM
the gold micros ,unlike the valves, are are easy to find/order.

Wanny bet? :rolleyes:

PsychoBaller
06-28-2004, 08:05 PM
I remember lots o pics of Gold Micromags on Proteam Products' site yrs ago... probalby sold a couple as well with ALL - Gold (not real gold) coloration/anno yada yada.

-baller

elpimpo
06-28-2004, 08:49 PM
so, anyone know how much its worth?

trevorjk
06-28-2004, 08:53 PM
so, anyone know how much its worth?

all i know is the person that owns the mag i took pics of is asking a pretty penny ;)

PsychoBaller
06-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Well for one thing, that be one old Micromag... ring round the trigger, fixed barrel. uber rarity these days.

elpimpo
06-29-2004, 12:44 AM
price? anybody?

Linkwarner
06-29-2004, 01:21 AM
worth nothing, nothing at all, ;) in fact I will take it off your hands for free, I will pay shipping

Automaggot68
06-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Well for one thing, that be one old Micromag... ring round the trigger, fixed barrel. uber rarity these days.
You sure about that? It look like one of the 'newer' versions, save for the valve. I was under the influence that the older Micromags didn't have room for anything to be placed directly in front of the trigger guard, i.e., a forgrip mount.

RRfireblade
06-29-2004, 04:55 PM
I remember lots o pics of Gold Micromags on Proteam Products' site yrs ago... probalby sold a couple as well with ALL - Gold (not real gold) coloration/anno yada yada.

There were only 2 ever Gold plated and the rest were Anno'd gold but there were far fewer of those than any other PTP anno options.

Actually it's not. It's a Gen3 as a matter of fact, foregrip mount, removable barrel and body milled for the detent are the easy give aways.

-=Squid=-
06-29-2004, 05:00 PM
I dont remember if we actually talked, or if I just thought about it... so here it is. PM the webmaster ;)

Muzikman
06-29-2004, 08:32 PM
It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay, for instance, I just picked up the Sharpshooter that was on Ebay for $115 (shipped). The guy wanted $150 starting bid and $350 buy it now when it was on ebay. After the acution ended and no one bid, I offered him $100. Now, this piece of AGD history is worth more than $100, but no one was willing to pay it.

So, as for the valve. I'd give ya $150 for it. It's a standard classic valve, so unless you are a collector, there is nothing special about it.

PsychoBaller
06-30-2004, 12:27 AM
You sure about that? It look like one of the 'newer' versions, save for the valve. I was under the influence that the older Micromags didn't have room for anything to be placed directly in front of the trigger guard, i.e., a forgrip mount.

I stand corrected.

There were only 2 ever Gold plated and the rest were Anno'd gold but there were far fewer of those than any other PTP anno options.

Actually it's not. It's a Gen3 as a matter of fact, foregrip mount, removable barrel and body milled for the detent are the easy give aways.

Heh.... and again...

Potatoboy
06-30-2004, 12:46 AM
Interesting.

What's the serial?

As Fred said, really, anyone can go get their gold (or TiN) plated.

Getting your hands on an actual "Gold Valve" is much more difficult.

All of the Gold valves AGD had made up back in the day, have the MiniMag laser engraving, and carry the GG (Golden Gun) prefix.

Only about 15 were made, and two are on display at AGD's machine shop.

I own GG0011.

I'm going to assume that the ones in this thead were done aftermarket, as noted by the "Gold" accessories. Field strip screw, hoses, fittings, trigger, etc.

Jonesie
06-30-2004, 12:56 AM
It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay... Now, this piece of AGD history is worth more than $100, but no one was willing to pay it.

Explain to me exactly how that works... ;)

Muzikman
06-30-2004, 01:15 AM
Explain to me exactly how that works... ;)

Well, it works like this...He put it on Ebay once...maybe the person who would have been willing to give more than $150 for it didn't see it, so there it sat. I was willing to pay $100 for it, and to be honest, if he would have said no, I probably would have given him $150. My point is, there is someone out there willing to pay more, I am just sure they didn't see the ebay auction.:)

trevorjk
06-30-2004, 08:50 PM
hm i will have to see the numbers on the valve... but rumor has it TK and Ron Zanon one of the guys at the store put this together... no idea though how true the story goes but it is a sweet looking micromag