PDA

View Full Version : automag z-grip and RT questions

shatter_storm
06-27-2004, 11:38 PM
Got a couple of quick questions for you guys. I'm a mag newbie that's gotten really interested in the markers, problem is my local proshop doesn't carry them and kinda looks down on them. Anyways, hope you guys can answer some of these:

1) Can a Z-Grip fitted to a 68automag be moved over to the RT ULE from the AGD store? Along the same line, can the stock trigger frame from the RT be moved onto a 68 automag?

2) Is the ULE trigger compatible with the Z-Grip?

3) Would buying a RT ULE be a wise upgrade from a model 98? A little backround: The 98's my first marker - I put a flatline and a stock on it to make a fun rec ball/scenario marker. Problem is it can't tear up the court enough for speedball, and most of the local fields are moving over to speedball from rec games. I've heard good things about the L10 bolt system and the x-valve, but as it's still a mechanical marker, is a mag that much better than a model 98 or stock autococker? I'm not looking to break into the tourney scene or anything, just be a little bit more competetive than I can be with the bulky, heavy, slow m98 I've got.

I kinda wish that one of the regulars at my field (Rogue Paintball in Standish, Maine) ran with a mag, but so far I havn't spotted any.

BlackHalo
06-28-2004, 12:27 AM
1) It depends on what kind of Z-grip you have...some of them are dovetailed and must be modified to fit on an RT-Pro rail. If the Z-grip has a flat top, then it can fit any rail.

2) Yes, had mine on last week.

3) I never had an 98 so I don't have an opinion on it. sorry!

hope this helps.

Janixs
06-28-2004, 08:26 AM
I just did what you are asking. I purchased a new RT Pro rail to use with my Z-grip; in order for it to fit you will need to mill off the extra material off the top. Like BlackHalo said its for the dove tail on the old rail. Luckily I have access to a mill but you could use a grinding tool if you’re careful.