PDA

View Full Version : My AGD sponsorship

Clare
06-28-2004, 01:01 AM
As some of you know, I was away in Chicago for the past week for the PSP event so I wasn't able to form a thread pertaining to my AGD sponsorship yet. I'm literally walking in from the airport so haven't been able to read all of the posts on the threads. A lot of people are getting the impression that I won't be posting on here anymore which couldn't be farther from the truth. AO has been my online home since I first joined and also home to a lot of great people that I'm so grateful to know. I've also made some friends through AO that I couldn't picture my life without. There's no other place like AO. How could I possibly leave? I also still plan to attend AGD/AO events and still plan on organizing our Texas AO meets with Havoc. I LOVE AGD, Tom, and just everything about AO in general. I had a sponsorship/spokesmodel contract with AGD for the past 2 years which came to an end this month. Tom and I had been in discussion over this for a while and have been debating over it. I don't currently have any gun sponsorship so I didn't leave AGD for the "big bucks" (as some of you seem to think) and don't have anything in the works yet. This isn't any type of Dynasty and WDP/Smart Parts deal. I was shooting an Alias in Chicago since that is what I borrowed (EDIT: my sponsorship had been over before chicago). Empress doesn't have a gun sponsorship, either. As for having to use another gun for the past couple events, Tom was well aware. I give him a call whenever this happened to make sure that there wouldn't be any problems and he was in full agreement and didn't have a problem with it. I loved my time being the AGD spokesmodel and I wouldn't have the opportunities that I have now if it weren't for AGD, AO, and Tom. Just because I may not be the AGD spokesmodel anymore doesn't mean that I have "turned my back" to anyone. Being the AGD spokesmodel was quite the experience for me and I'm grateful for the opportunity that Tom gave me. Though, my 2 years are up and it's now time for a new face (I'm sure you all were getting pretty tired of me anyway :p ). A lot of people also seem to think that I'm moving on to "bigger and better things" or to "become the most famous person in paintball". I just don't understand this, all I really want to do is just play paintball but sometimes the politics of the sport is way too much for me. I could care less how many people know who I am but I do like being able to help in bringing in more females to the sport. You have no idea how great it is to have a female come up to you and thank you for inspiring or helping her to start playign paintball. Well, I may be getting off track here so all I really want to say is that I'm not going anywhere. I love this place way too much and I'm here to stay.

Blazestorm
06-28-2004, 01:08 AM
That's what I expected to hear out of clare.

I may not shoot a mag, but that doesn't mean I can't be apart of AO. She was here because she enjoyed the enviroment, on the side she had an AGD sponsorship and was a spokesmodel for AGD. That doesn't mean when that contract ends she disappears.

And to conclude this.

:dance:

WARPED1
06-28-2004, 01:12 AM
No matter what ya do in paintball, good luck.

hAppy
06-28-2004, 01:48 AM
good luck, go kick man *** :shooting:

Roca Z4
06-28-2004, 02:10 AM
"I'm not going anywhere. I love this place way too much and I'm here to stay."

:D

Thanks.

davidb
06-28-2004, 02:18 AM
You have no idea how great it is to have a female come up to you...

That's kind of harsh, isn't it Clare? :( :p

In all seriousness though, pretty much exactly what I expected to hear. Wherever life takes you, I hope things go well for you, and I'm glad to know you'll keep us all up to date. :)

shartley
06-28-2004, 05:06 AM
Good luck and keep paintball first and foremost in your sights (as it looks you are doing). Fame and pedestal placement fade and fall, but the game is what really matters at the end of the day. Those who walk off the field having the most fun WIN. :dance:

1stdeadeye
06-28-2004, 05:27 AM
Well said Clare.

Good luck with all of your future endeavors. Oh and lay off the Air Fresheners! ;)

Albinonewt
06-28-2004, 05:49 AM
Well, when shopping around for a new gun sponsor be sure to ask the important question:

Will there be Latin Music?

behemoth
06-28-2004, 06:13 AM
I Still Love You Clare!!!! :D

edit- (if you type in all caps like i just did there^^, it makes it not-caps..weeeird)
edit- i still still love you clare :)

The Frymarker
06-28-2004, 06:40 AM
Whoo hoo well said :)

Mango
06-28-2004, 07:39 AM
Well, when shopping around for a new gun sponsor be sure to ask the important question:

Will there be Latin Music?

LOL!!

:D

lord1234
06-28-2004, 07:47 AM
well....

what bout playing with AGD pride? does this mean you and the lions will not be playing together any more?

Empyreal Rogue
06-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Hmm... The ULE body ad was in the corner when clicked on this thread. Coincidence? Probably.

Well Clare, it's sad to see you move on but all beginnings start from some other beginnings end. But you won't be leaving us, which is a grand thought. :D

Go banana! :dance:

Creative Mayhem
06-28-2004, 09:45 AM
/drama I KNEW you wouldn't leave us Clare..... I JUST KNEW IT!!! /drama off

Good luck with Empress, and everything else you do, just as long as you keep bringing the womans into this fine sport for me ;)

PsychoBaller
06-28-2004, 09:52 AM
I see there are spots open for Empress.... ... ... :dance:

Lol, jk... But goodluck wit formatting the new team and wherever you end up Clare.

-baller

Cyberious
06-28-2004, 09:58 AM
I said it in the other thread Clare but I will say it again. I have to admit this bothers me a bit. I most certainly wish you all the best however, I'll be sorry to see you go to another marker sponsor. I've met you on several occasions and have to say the you are somewhat different than most of the paintball "spokesmodels". You have always been kind and willing to interact with anyone who approached you at appearances. You're cool because you're one of us. I understand that AGD is focusing on the Scenario scene but wouldn't it be interesting if you and/or Empress was the ONLY player/team shooting a hAir equipped RT. No male tourney players just one of the best female tourney players/teams shooting the marker that may revolutionize the sport again. Now that would be marketing! Tom, I am a staunch supporter but am left scratching my head over this one. This is a HUGE missed opportunity. Sponsoring one of the nicest female players and her team and letting them be the ones to premier the future of the sport. This would show not only AGD's committment to the sport but also remarkable support of women in the sport.

Good luck Clare, I hope to see you shooting a Mag again someday soon.

Warmest Regards,
Jim

GhillieGuy
06-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Clare, i wish you the best of luck with everything. It's good to know that you still have room in your heart for AO/AGD. That rocks that you just want to play paintball and bring more females into the sport. More power to you.. :headbang:

TraXeR
06-28-2004, 10:24 AM
Good to see you back from Chicago Clare, I knew you wouldnt leave us:). You made and still continue to make AO great, and we all luv ya ;). I hope that whatever your next path is, it makes you happy and you enjoy it for years to come! I hope you keep us posted if you get any new paintball sponderships/jobs in the future :).

Also, since you had borrowed JT's timmy for the last few events, are you still gonna stick with your X-Mag, or are you moving to something new, if so, any ideas?

Again, best of luck Clare.

The Action Figure
06-28-2004, 10:28 AM
can I have your xmag

boggerman
06-28-2004, 11:30 AM
I usually don't post up in the "We all love you Clare" threads - NO offense to anyone, just not my style - but I have to say I am somewhat disappointed in the people who have such short term memory. Clare(Capo) was here long before she had any kind of deal with AGD, why would she leave now? The contract expired, they do that you know. It did not happen on bad terms or with harsh feelings (as far as I know), why would she leave? So, to Clare, congrats and best of luck, and to ye of little faith, :cuss: .......... :p

WARPED1
06-28-2004, 11:34 AM
I said it in the other thread Clare but I will say it again. I have to admit this bothers me a bit. I most certainly wish you all the best however, I'll be sorry to see you go to another marker sponsor. I've met you on several occasions and have to say the you are somewhat different than most of the paintball "spokesmodels". You have always been kind and willing to interact with anyone who approached you at appearances. You're cool because you're one of us. I understand that AGD is focusing on the Scenario scene but wouldn't it be interesting if you and/or Empress was the ONLY player/team shooting a hAir equipped RT. No male tourney players just one of the best female tourney players/teams shooting the marker that may revolutionize the sport again. Now that would be marketing! Tom, I am a staunch supporter but am left scratching my head over this one. This is a HUGE missed opportunity. Sponsoring one of the nicest female players and her team and letting them be the ones to premier the future of the sport. This would show not only AGD's committment to the sport but also remarkable support of women in the sport.

Good luck Clare, I hope to see you shooting a Mag again someday soon.

Warmest Regards,
JimOnly thing is, no matter how fast and non chopping mags get, they will always be "slow @$$ blenders". This, unfortunatly, is the mindset of the tourney world. If it's not electro, it's no good. That's why Planet made the Eblade, so cockers would still be used!
Now, I don't like this myself, but that's life. Thats why after 11 years in tourney(8 in NPPL), I've left tournewy to return to scenario.

Plazmic
06-28-2004, 11:41 AM
I hope you have even greater success as an independent than you have with a sponsorship! It's so wonderful to have a person like you in the sport, Clare, as opposed to the egomaniacal jerks that give us all a bad name. No matter who you play for or where, you will be a glowing beacon for paintball and I'll support and defend you no matter what!

WARPED1
06-28-2004, 11:45 AM
It would be nice to see Clare shooting an A4 Fly!:)

ICOM
06-28-2004, 12:04 PM
Goodluck to you Clare and i hope you make the right choice and where you go onto next. Keep in touch with us and we all love ya!

Major Jam
06-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Good luck Clare!

I'm still a fan and I'm glad AGD actually had/has a spokesmodel. I remember for years the time before paintball (AGD) spokemodels. (It was a little more boring). Thanks for supporting AO, AGD, and everything you do for the sport of paintball. Sometimes I wonder how you get all the energy to attend all the events you do and still have a life outside paintball.

Take care!

Tyger
06-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Clare :

Good to see you'll still be around. AO needs more of the feminine touch. Hey, best of luck in the future as far as buisness stuff goes. "illegitimus non carborundum" (Roughly translated, don't let the bastards grind you down...) And I hope you'll still be going to Shatnerball this year, regardless of what you're shooting / wearing / whatever.

-Tyger

evan123
06-28-2004, 02:10 PM
<3!

AGDlover
06-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Good luck Clare so will you still use your mag at the AO days?

Target Practice
06-28-2004, 05:10 PM
Well Clare, it's good to hear that you aren't forgetting all of us here at AO.

Good Luck and Godspeed,
Ryan

Burphel
06-28-2004, 05:25 PM
It's too bad that it didn't get renewed. I understand that tournaments are more your scene, but anybody that's seen you play in a scenario game will vouch that you do just as well there. Just toss on some cammies for photoshoots and you're set. Even tho I haven't seen you sit still long enough for camo to be effective ;).

Oh well, hope to run with you again at the next Throwdown.

Doobie
06-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Classy as always and just what I thought. See you at the next event Clare! :)

edweird
06-28-2004, 05:59 PM
I understand that tournaments are more your scene, but anybody that's seen you play in a scenario game will vouch that you do just as well there. Just toss on some cammies for photoshoots and you're set. Even tho I haven't seen you sit still long enough for camo to be effective ;).

Cammies are just not the Icky forest way! :nono:
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59935

Trina
06-28-2004, 10:17 PM
If Clare stops going to the AO events who will be my drinking partner.... :cheers:you know...the little person on my shoulder with the red horns and pitchfork yelling "DRINK!!!" :spit_take

Clare's the coolest!!!! You are definately a motivator to all of us girls! :hail:

edweird
06-29-2004, 01:16 AM
"red horns"

horns ... yeah right! Im sure that that bday presents' red spikey bits were "Horns"

Plazmic
06-29-2004, 10:52 AM
horns ... yeah right! Im sure that that bday presents' red spikey bits were "Horns"

Heh. Good one.

Hey, that's not a horn! :wow: Put that away!!

Jack & Coke
06-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Hi Clare,

Always glad to see you back on AO :clap: !

What are your impressions of the Alias?

Can you briefly describe what you liked and didn't like about the gun?

Plazmic
06-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Hi Clare,

Always glad to see you back on AO :clap: !

What are your impressions of the Alias?

Can you briefly describe what you liked and didn't like about the gun?

AUUGH!

Flashback to stupid high school teacher exams!

JEDI
06-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Good for you Clare! The "Dark Side" aint so dark with you on it.... :cool:

**cough** DM4!! **cough**

amoeba
06-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Bye Clare.. :cry: :cry:

so hows the alias

06-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Hmm you should shoot a pink viking... errmm :p

Trina
06-29-2004, 10:09 PM

Ya know Ed, I thought of that right after I hit "submit reply" and had the whole mental picture thing going....LOL!

pito189
06-30-2004, 09:00 AM
Clare no no no no no, i hate you what are you thinking!!!

Maybe now you can find some game so Mango and I don't have to do all the work.

So does this mean no more false Idol? What will all of us 15-45 year olds worship? ;)

Good luck with whatever you decide on, Chose wisely young one. :ninja:

Plazmic
06-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Clare no no no no no, i hate you what are you thinking!!!

Maybe now you can find some game so Mango and I don't have to do all the work.

So does this mean no more false Idol? What will all of us 15-45 year olds worship? ;)

Good luck with whatever you decide on, Chose wisely young one. :ninja:

Wow, that was one of the strangest and most incoherent posts I have seen in a long time. I am completely confused. I'm just going to assume those are all "inside" and no one but Clare will understand it.
;)

pito189
06-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Yes that is very bad, who wrote that? :tard: Gotta love a hangover on a Wednesday morning. I love college.

Plazmic
06-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Man, I feel ya. Tuesday is Paintball night for us and then, of course, there is the painkilling party after we're too tired to play any more. I'm feelin it more than normal today for some reason. :tard:

hitech
06-30-2004, 03:36 PM
I love this place way too much and I'm here to stay.

I'm glad to hear it. BTW, it's okay to accept sponserships from another company. Just as long as it's not Smart Parts. ;)

Plazmic
06-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Ah, if I had the time, talent, and experience I'd be jonesin for a DM4.

Doobie
06-30-2004, 05:36 PM
Wow, that was one of the strangest and most incoherent posts I have seen in a long time. I am completely confused. I'm just going to assume those are all "inside" and no one but Clare will understand it.
;)

Kind of inside. More inside AOSE. But, Pito is kind of babble on incoherently sometimes. :) ;)

SpecialBlend2786
06-30-2004, 06:29 PM
keep rockin in the free world :headbang: :bounce:

dre1919
07-01-2004, 08:56 AM
Good luck with all you do Clare!

1ofkind
07-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Wow you can write! I'm really afraid to read all of that... :( :cry:

jewie27
07-06-2004, 08:24 PM
Clare,
you will always be AO's favorite. Good luck in the future. Thanks for being our spokesmodel.

If you are ever in LA again, i'd like to serve as a pod filler-upper for you and your team.

Branden

Won Hunglo
07-06-2004, 08:37 PM
Whoaaaa. It is going to rain for days before this low pressure cell moves out. :eek:

jewie27
07-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Whoaaaa. It is going to rain for days before this low pressure cell moves out. :eek:

I don't get it.