PDA

View Full Version : Alias questions

Evil1
06-28-2004, 01:55 AM
The other day I picked up my new alias and a few things were a little disturbing after paying over $1000 for it. First off, it came with a manual for a 2K2 timmy which has absolutely nothing to do with the alias at all. I was also told that the alias had a mechanical debounce feature , but also heard that the early models of the alias didn't come with it. The gun also didn't come with any type of lube or anything. I am not sure where the serial number is on the gun either. Another thing I am not sure of is what type of board it has. Other than the things I have mentioned, the gun is awesome. It is very, very fast. It is pretty accurate even with the stock barrel and it is very efficient. The reason I wrote this is because I think it is a bunch of crap when you pay $1300 for a gun and you don't even get a manual or some lube for it. I just feel that if you are going to pay big bucks for a gun, you should at least get the things that even low end guns come with. The thing that bothers me the most is the 2k2 manual that was included with it. That is like buying a new vette and finding a ford festiva owners manual in the glove compartment.

Blazestorm
06-28-2004, 01:58 AM
My RT ULE Came with like 20 different manuals, an allen wrench, a brand new sealed LVL 10 kit, oil and an allen wrench.

:D

Don't know what to say, they say to use Dow 33 or "slick honey" for lube, and Alias's come stock with frenzy boards. :D

Skoad
06-28-2004, 02:02 AM
Oh and the colorful crispy manual and barrel condom :)

magman007
06-28-2004, 02:47 AM
dont forget the fact skoad, that we got spare parts, and a great set ball ended hex keys! and the manual, free sticker, free macro and elbow, barrel condom, and well, the dm4! :)

Skoad
06-28-2004, 02:51 AM
forgot the sticker :)

You have a cp trigger? Mines coming in the mail, wondering how hard it is to install, i've heard of problems.

bunkermaster10
06-28-2004, 02:57 AM
Yea Mbounce goes up to 5. Then there is your D bounce settings also. Make sure you get some DOW open your timmy reg up and lube the crap outta it. The alias is pretty easy to maintain. There also should be a manuel for you to download. Go to the bog long forum on pbnation.com and they will help ya.

Hellaspaint
06-28-2004, 05:48 AM
It is unbelievable that a 1300$ is going to customers without CORRECT manual and a basic Allen set. We have the same problem and i have to say that the manual is incorrect and contradictory.

When we mention that in PBnation some guys there, said with sarcasm that you do not need a manual and you are not buying a Timmy if you do not know about Timmys!!!!!!!!!!!! ( No comments!!!)

I want to say: No Allen??? Ok, i can find in a store a good Allen set, that is easy. BUT where can i find a manual for that gun???? In a bookstore??????? :nono: :nono:

Load SM5
06-28-2004, 06:48 AM
I agree Bob dropped the ball on that one. The gun should've come with a current manual and some spare o-rings would have been nice. But I'm pretty well over it. PBnation BL forums are for lurking and you can learn quite a bit. Read through the stickys and it's all pretty much there.

Get a big tube of Dow 55 for the regs and ram and Triflow for the bolt.

www.Paintballkingdom.com is your friend. They have all the timmy replacement parts you'll ever need. Grab a few extra detents just in case.

Earlier Frenzy boards did'nt have the M-Bounce, newer ones do. If you don't have it then you need to send it back to BLAST if you want it.

If you have any questions post them here. There are enough Alias owners to answer whatever you need.

shorty13
06-28-2004, 07:06 AM
all timm'y come with the old 2k2 manual which is retarded but the thing is the the milling was all that was different until recently the whole setup has changed. so they all USED to have the same board etc.

FragTek
06-28-2004, 03:47 PM
Rofl I bought a Lasoya Timmy a while back and the same thing with it... nothing in the box but a ghetto-copied black and white 2k2 manual and that was it, haha...

Pretty dissapointing if you ask me... In your case a little more discouraging because the 2k4's aren't really like the 2k4's, considering they use new boards and such now.

magman007
06-28-2004, 03:52 PM
forgot the sticker :)

You have a cp trigger? Mines coming in the mail, wondering how hard it is to install, i've heard of problems.

nope, no Cp trigger, im golding out for the sick techna. And im picking up the new tadao chip soon

Skoad
06-28-2004, 04:11 PM
ditto, new tadao is mine once they put it on the website :)

Torbo
06-28-2004, 06:03 PM
ok, yeah i hear your grievances.

manual: its available online, boblong.com. Look at the intimidator forum on PBN, there all the information you'll ever need in the stickeys there.
Lube: Use dow 55. its the recommended lube.
Board: its a frenzy board. When it comes on, it says something like "bob long 110" the number is the software version. 110 does not have mechanical debounce, mbounce. 116 does.

the serial number is usually under the grips or on the bottom of the frame. IF you need any help, i can help ya out.

FragTek
06-28-2004, 07:41 PM
^ Looks like u Timmy guys found a knowledgable source for information!

Dayspring
06-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Ditto. Alot of the PBX guys are shooting timmies, as well as several on my team.

We've become rather good at teching them if/when they decide to go down.

Evil1
06-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Thank you everybody. I have found everything I needed to know except for one thing: Where can I find Dow 55? Also, I heard another alternative to Dow55 is something called slick honey. Which is better? Again though, I just want to thank everyone again for helping me out and if anyone has any tips or suggestions for timmies let me hear them. I still think it is a shame that such a great gun wouldn't even come with the right manual. Another cool thing I found out is that my alias has the 116 version software on it which is good because I heard that to get Mbounce programmed into your gun, it costs like $75 or something.

bunkermaster10
06-29-2004, 03:58 AM
Yea i've never owned a timmy but I know alot about em' when they go down. 5 out our 7 teammates shot em'. Then a shocker. I'm like the only viking owner in the world it feels like sometimes :(.

Check out paintballkingdom.com see if the dow is on there.

bunkermaster10
06-29-2004, 03:59 AM
http://www.paintballkingdom.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=192

There ya go

Load SM5
06-29-2004, 06:44 AM
As I said.......

www.Paintballkingdom.com is your friend. They have all the timmy replacement parts you'll ever need. Grab a few extra detents just in case.

They'll have virtually all the parts you need. I would not use anything other than 55. 55 swells orings a bit which helps the timmy innards seal up nice and tight. Slick honey does'nt. Use Triflow for the bolt. It can be found at local bike shops.

FSU_Paintball
06-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Sounds like they sent you a Nemesis ;)

SlipknotX556
06-29-2004, 10:21 AM
www.paintballkingdom.com has been my god for my timmy parts, they always have everything I need in stock. My timmy had a few issues, PBK had every part in stock and they got it to me in 2 days, ground ups. I dont know anything about slick honey, because I only use Dow 55. I got the largest tube of dow 55 they had, I have had it a long time, I havent even used 1/4 of it, it will last you a very long time. I dont know if the Alias comes with a black magic cupseal, but if it dosent, pick one up.

Load SM5
06-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Alias and the other timmy's built on the newest platform no longer use cup seals.

Timmy god indeed. ;)

SlipknotX556
06-29-2004, 10:35 AM
Alias and the other timmy's built on the newest platform no longer use cup seals.

Timmy god indeed. ;)

That cool, I didnt know that. But the whole getting to the cupseal thing, I hated it, I had to replace my cupseal twice, for the life of my timmy, it really was bad. I couldnt get the cupseal out, I had to use a very sharp blade and poke a hole in it, to get a grip.

Hey, I have been out of the game for awhile. I didnt know about the Alias and all these new things till recently.

Load SM5
06-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Just screwing with you.

I think they use a poppet now and it's a huge improvement.

I agree the cup seals were a pain.