PDA

View Full Version : Drop Forward Question

DeVioSiTY
10-14-2001, 07:38 PM
I need to get a drop forward setup to help balance my Automag. Do I have to get the specific ones that some retailers list under their Automag upgrades (i.e. Kapp Automag Drop Forward) or will any one essentially work for me?

DarkPhoenix
10-14-2001, 08:10 PM
It really depends on the tank you are running.

DeVioSiTY
10-14-2001, 09:10 PM
OIC... Well I have it connected to a Nitro Duck 68ci 3000psi tank and I already have the bottom line with macroline feed if that helps at all. I was looking at something close to the Shocktech Sculpted DropForward, or maybe even the Custom Parts Flame Drop Forward (basically a drop forward that looks nice, but won't keep me from hooking up the HPA tank). I just want to be safe I'm buying the right thing, because you're really stuck with the screw spacing on bottom of the frame.

Thanks for your help.

DRAGONSLAYER
10-14-2001, 09:57 PM
I have a Shocktech drop on mine, it works fine. You should not have a problem with any 2 hole standard drop. The Spyder frames take a staggered 2 hole. With my drop, I used an ASA and macrolines to make the connections.:)

DeVioSiTY
10-15-2001, 12:31 AM
Sweet, I think that's what I needed to know. I appreciate the feedback.

gadget68
10-15-2001, 01:25 AM
If you really want a well balanced gun I highly recommend the KAPP DZ II. I have one on my automag and love it. Another good one is the Benchmark Sporty.

HeerophantG
10-15-2001, 01:57 AM
i prefer Kapp DropZone II or Benchmark

ZeroXtreme
10-15-2001, 08:54 AM
I also like the KAPP DropZoneII, I used this together with a KAPP Universal On/Off and a Macroline, to mount my 68ci Screw-in Crossfire. It was very versatile since you could mount in various angles. It was a bit costly though, since the whole setup almost cost me $100, without the tank of course.

Another alternative is the Psycho Ballistics Drop Forward, It's cheap, around $25 to $30, and serves just the same purpose, the only difference is that you can't mount the tank in various angles. It already comes with am ASA for screw in tanks which you can remove if you have non screw-in type tanks that have mountings that will screw into a standard 45Grip Frame.

I switched to this DF since I upgraded to a MaxFlo. All I had to do was remove the ASA and mount the MaxFlo directly on it, I will post a picture as soon as I get the setup complete. :)

Follow this link to check it out:

http://www.countypaintball.com/product_description.asp?item=1957

e21bgl
10-15-2001, 09:09 AM
I like my 'KickAss- Teardrop'. Not too expensive and nice+simple looking.

- 68 AutoMag PF