PDA

View Full Version : playin woodsball

The Action Figure
06-28-2004, 10:04 AM
for the first time in 4 years im playin in the woods, any tips ;) :)

shartley
06-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Have fun.

dragun_30
06-28-2004, 10:34 AM
ummmm..... I would say keep quiet, watch all sides, and wait for the shot to come. and overall, go have a ton of fun

The Action Figure
06-28-2004, 10:39 AM
thanks guys ill try to get pics up soon

magking1971
06-28-2004, 11:49 AM
I think Shartley said it best, Have fun!

vonort
06-28-2004, 11:58 AM
Wear camo. If you dont' have any camo then wear dark greens and browns. Black is actually a bad choice for woods ball. At least solid black. Something about the way your eyes pick things up. Also keep your ears open. Listen to whats going on. Mask your movements by moving when the wind blows. Try not to step on large sticks that sound like a shotgun going off when they crack.

And above all else have fun and shoot some people. :shooting: :dance:

atm743
06-28-2004, 01:08 PM
I always play woods. so dose dj89 me and him live wood's but we still like playing air ball. ill say be very quite. always bring an extra pod. ware dark color clothes. I make that mistake and ware blue and red once playing and got out every time. and also if it starts off really quite and you have a electric gun turn on the safety or turn the gun off. I once fell and shoot my gun on the way down and the other team found out were I was and others on my team.

The Spanish Inquisition
06-28-2004, 04:13 PM
if you play at a field like the ones near me, its just like speedball only more dirt, and sticks instead of black plastic things. Most fields have groomed foresets now days.

Polish
06-28-2004, 05:09 PM
Wear camo. If you dont' have any camo then wear dark greens and browns. Black is actually a bad choice for woods ball. At least solid black. Something about the way your eyes pick things up. Also keep your ears open. Listen to whats going on. Mask your movements by moving when the wind blows. Try not to step on large sticks that sound like a shotgun going off when they crack.

And above all else have fun and shoot some people. :shooting: :dance:

The fields where I work are surrounded by black nets... I always wear all black when playing and people can never see me..

So when choosing camo choose what looks like the enviroment around you.

The Action Figure
06-28-2004, 06:58 PM
well thi is how it went, I decided to look like a retard and wore red pants and a yellow jersey. I choose my bright blue bushy instead of my camo spyder. Ok so I run to the center other teams 25 line off the break and got lit up. ran to the 50 next game and I got one out!!!!

vonort
06-29-2004, 06:45 AM
So you were playing speedball in a woods enviroment.. not truly woods ball. In that case do what ever its still just speedball. :rolleyes:

Skoad
06-29-2004, 07:09 AM
We have a speedball field in the woods at school, kinda sucks though because the ground isn't flat + theres a creek running through the middle.

vonort
06-29-2004, 07:39 AM
lol Skoad thats about the only way I enjoy speedball. Wooded speedball can be fun. Sounds cool to have a creek at the 50. Adds a twist into the game. They should do that on X-ball feilds. LOL. :shooting: :rofl: :dance:

The Action Figure
06-29-2004, 09:41 AM
no it was strait woodsball I guess im used to speaking tourney lingo :)

bleachit
06-29-2004, 10:22 AM
In my opinion, if there is a "Break" its not "strait" woodsball... but thats just the way I play woods.

vonort
06-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Well whatever as long as you had fun. But when I see things like making the 50 on the break. I know your not talking about the woods field I play on. Well I guess you could make the "50" on the break.. but I hope your in damn good shape. When we play woods its on about 30 acres. 50 is a long way aways.

The Action Figure
06-29-2004, 12:54 PM
prolly a 10 acre field and I wrestle so being in shape is no problem

_tMAN
06-29-2004, 12:56 PM
watch where you step
use soft cover to your advantage

Jeffy-CanCon
06-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Bring bugspray. Stay in the shade.

Paintball is paintball is paintball. Work the sidelines, be aggressive, shoot straight.

sgt_easton
06-29-2004, 04:05 PM
1. Noise disicpline. Move during wind, when other people are shooting. Stay off twigs as much as possible. Recall the scene with Han Solo from Return of the Jedi.
2. Camo. In addition to yourself, make sure your MARKER is camo'ed. I don't know how many times I've seen people wearing BDU's and dark harnesses and pods, only to carry a marker that is chrome and red. It looks like a beacon in the forrest. I've seen people spraypaint their guns (not the greatest idea), camo duct tape ( NO!!! NEVER DO THIS!! IMPOSSIBLE TO GET OFF!!!), using a gun sock, or using rifle camo tape.
3. Bugspray. The stronger the better.
4. If it might rain, a boonie (heard it called a "ranger" or "floppy") hat is a good idea to keep rain off the mask.
5. Combat boots. If you're going to play woodsball regularly, hit up the military surplus store. Get the all leather kind.
6. Make sure you bring enough c02(or air) and paint to last the whole day.
7. As they used to drill into my head when I was on active duty, HYDRATE! HYDRATE! HYDRATE! My drink of choice in the woods is Gatorade.
8. Watch out for the wildlife. Check for ticks when you get home.

We play with a creek too. I remember wading through it (just over my knees) and I tripped on a tree on the bottom. I took a little swim, and my team turned around to see only my head and my imagine out of the water.

The Action Figure
06-29-2004, 06:37 PM
yeah there was a creeke there I dove into then crawled