PDA

View Full Version : Karnivore?

Chris42050
06-28-2004, 01:11 PM
I got a refund check from the IRS for $1200 bucks and I was thinkin about getting one of those new autococker karnivore's. My friend just got one free. Dont ask me how. The gun is awesome. I especially like the magnet trigger it has, clamping feedneck, different bore size barrels. I think the eyes are not break beam tho. I know this is a Mag forum but I know you guys will give me an unbiased opinion of the gun. Basically i just want to know what you guys think of the gun and if you know anything about the eyes on it. I am going to try it out this weekend if I can pry it out of my friends hands for a game or 2. Give me your 2 cents.

Flow_Tech
06-28-2004, 01:12 PM
its a cocker.

Chris42050
06-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Wow are you always so helpful.

SlipknotX556
06-28-2004, 01:28 PM
They look like awesome markers. I dont really have much experience with cockers, but what I have heard and seen, they are awesome. If you got the cash, pick one up. I would get one, but I have my heart set on a DM4.

bokraham
06-28-2004, 01:29 PM
In my opinion the carnivore is not the best cocker out there but i think that it has the most bang for buck.

Mister Sinister
06-28-2004, 01:36 PM
A friend of mine got one last week and I got to put it through its paces this weekend. Now Iam generally an ardent supporter of the anti-cocker leauge but the Karnivor impressed me. Its light and comfortable when I first tried it he had a revy on it. I could out shoot the revy easily but the eye worked no chops. I put my Halo on it and it never skipped a beat. I dont think you would go wrong with one. But in this price range there are a million killer choices... my 2 cents. ;)

Chris42050
06-28-2004, 01:36 PM
In my opinion the carnivore is not the best cocker out there but i think that it has the most bang for buck.
Which one do you think is better?

Torbo
06-28-2004, 01:46 PM
its a very nice gun, no doubt. Very fast, and it doenst seem to bounce so badly. However, i think if youre gonna spend that kind of money on a cocker, i would get a freeflow eblade. We practice with Rhythm, and their eblades are amazing. Ive never shot faster or smoother cockers, ever. And if you buy a freeflow, you get a sweet warrenty, and theyre made to your order.

edit: for 1300 you can get an alias timmy. Faster and lighter than any cocker. Check that out, unless you want to stick with a cocker.

PissedGodzilla
06-28-2004, 01:48 PM
if I had the money to spend, I would be getting the karni, but PBX (Paintballistix) is hopefully putting it's new cocker out into the selling wars sometime this fall, So I am going to save my money for that.

P.S. I had the opportunity this weekend to shoot an ICD Freestyle, I relly recommend you to at least try it out, it was by far the best feeling marker I have ever shot.

Chris42050
06-28-2004, 01:48 PM
its a very nice gun, no doubt. Very fast, and it doenst seem to bounce so badly. However, i think if youre gonna spend that kind of money on a cocker, i would get a freeflow eblade. We practice with Rhythm, and their eblades are amazing. Ive never shot faster or smoother cockers, ever. And if you buy a freeflow, you get a sweet warrenty, and theyre made to your order.
Does the freeflow have the same trigger?

Torbo
06-28-2004, 01:52 PM
the freeflows usually have a standard eblade trigger, however, since theyre custom built youi can get a samuri trigger for it. The samuri is lighter and thinner, it shoots alot like the karni trigger, imo.

FSU_Paintball
06-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Karnis are great, but if you've got your heart set on a cocker, go for a nexus... slightly better.

Chris42050
06-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Thanks guys for the help. After the first post I thot this thread might be useless. I have never been a cocker person until this last year. My friends all have cockers now come to think of it. I just really liked the extra barrels the karnivore came with. Mostly i fell in love with the trigger. I suck at shooting fast. With my angel lcd I get like 10 balls a second. With his karnivore I was ripping. I am looking for a gun that has a killer trigger cuz I suck at shooting fast.

Edit: Do you guys know if the Karnivore has break beam eyes?

Acer12
06-28-2004, 02:36 PM
I love cockers i have an e-blade. But i really don't like the karnivore. i would say get an
orracle or something like that. and as for the trigger get an e-blade and and buy a samari trigger. they are sick i just got one and my gun rips. but if you really want one get its a cocker you can't go wrong. my two cents.

Torbo
06-28-2004, 02:38 PM
the karni has a reflective eye, like all eblades.

FSU_Paintball
06-28-2004, 02:41 PM
The karnivore is superior to the orracle. The new parts on the karnivore are definitely a step up. Other reasons aside, I don't think WGP would get rid of the orracle in favor of this gun if it wasn't so.

And like was said, no ebladed gun has beam break eyes. They use reflective technology. You shouldn't have much of a problem unless you're using black paint (stay away from it). Race frames, however, have beam-break eyes.

magman007
06-28-2004, 03:04 PM
inc ase you are wondering, the best cockers out there, in order of superiority, are Evolution x cocker, Nexxus Cocker, Planet eclipse team cocker, then the freeflow is equal with the planet.

FSU_Paintball
06-28-2004, 03:34 PM
Why do you say the evo is better than the nexus?

magman007
06-28-2004, 03:46 PM
belsales parts are far superior to any thing else on the market, with the exception of the lpr, whivh i would choose a palmer micro rock

68magOwner
06-28-2004, 04:27 PM
1-custom viking
2-DM4
3-newer timmy
4-cyborg
5-freestyle
6-vision shocker
7-karnivore

my list of personal preferance

LittlePaintballBoy
06-28-2004, 04:41 PM
If you get an eblade cocker, I would definately suggest a freeflow (www.propaintball.com I think), they make awesome parts and have the coolest warranty ever. Lifetime warranty on the gun. I wouldn't think the Karni would be any faster, they both have the same gripframe. And you can get the samuri trigger with the FF which feels oh so much better.

louie
06-28-2004, 05:45 PM
Freeflow's site is www.4freeflow.com

Jon S
06-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Planet parts *are* Belsales parts, just re-branded. Last sunday a teammate had trouble with his Evo-X eBlade as the wire detent was letting too much light in...still a lovely marker though.

BlackHalo
06-28-2004, 07:11 PM
For that much, why not get Doc to make you a custom FastBack. Or buy the body and parts and do it yourself.

www.electrococker.com

One caveat with Doc is that he's a little slow...if he doesn't have what you want in stock it might be a long wait.

Adrenaline_Junkie
06-28-2004, 07:14 PM
I have a Raced Free Flow Lotus if your interested. Im not askin to much for it and it works great. PM me if your interested.

Thermus
06-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Bleh, use the money to play unless you really need a new gun. Go for the Karnivore if you like it. Its personal preference 100%, so go for what you want.