PDA

View Full Version : Proud newbie XMag Owner, air system advice

erendin
06-28-2004, 05:13 PM
Need some advice.

Finally found & purchased an X-Mag on e-bay, but I'm new to the high-end scene. Have been a CO2 rec player for years and am HP illiterate, but I'm dying to play with this thing. What kind of High Pressure system do i want - do i need an adjustable system, or can i get by with a set pressure tank. Am currently looking at preset Crossfire tanks. I assume a preset tank is OK and the regulator on the back of the gun will bring the air in at the correct operating pressure (manual says between 600 and 1000 psi) AGD no longer producing the Flatline, which had a second guage which i assumed indicated pressure being fed to the gun, but I've heard a removable preset tank is more convenient.

Anybody? Bueller? Anybody?

TDonovan
06-28-2004, 05:18 PM
A preset will work. If you want to go that route (I most likely would), the crossfires are the best choice IMO. I'd personally get a 72ci (cubic inch) 4500psi tank. While the 68ci/45psi tanks are still good, the 72ci tanks are a good choice just in case your field doesn't go quite up to 4500 psi. I think most 72ci's are also stubby, so you can keep your setup short and sweet.

Eskimo Paint Slinger
06-28-2004, 05:22 PM
A preset will work fine just get and HPA not an LPA tank.

Crossfire tanks are well made and I would reccomend that if your goig pre-set.

or

You could buy an adjustable tank, you can control how reactive you gun is this way. I have a Flatline 68/4500 and its very nice. I would not reccomend the dye throttel, I have been hearing alot of bad things about them and mags.

P8ntBallBoom
06-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Depending on your budget, you can get a few different tanks. For high end, I'd go with a Dye Throttle system. If your in mid range, look at a NitroDuck. And if your into a preset, go with Crossfire or PMI. Hope this helps.

I by the way have a flatline 3k. If you can find one, get it!

erendin
06-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Thanks,

I guess I'm all all confused as to what all these guages are on these adjustable tanks, and whether it's a bad thing not to have a second guage on a preset tank. After putting down 1100 benjamins I want to make sure I know what I'm doing. (which i don't)

Does the single guage on a preset tank indicates the pressure of the air exiting the tank, or the amount of air left in the tank.

Bear with me, i know how bone-headed this must sound.

Eskimo Paint Slinger
06-28-2004, 05:25 PM
It would tell you how much air you have left.

Since its pre-set you wouldnt really need to know the pressure its putting out since it wont change ;)

P8ntBallBoom
06-28-2004, 05:30 PM
On a preset tank, the single guage usually tells you the pressure left in the tank. On presets the pressure going into the gun is usually set at 800-850 psi.

On an adjustable, the one guage is as just as above ^^ and the other is the regulated pressure that is going into the gun.

erendin
06-28-2004, 05:32 PM
This is the kind of info i was looking for. I've never used this forum B-4, Looks to be an excellent resource indeed.

So a preset Crossfire 60 or 72ci is probably the direction i will take, as long as it's high pressure. i do know enough about this thing to understand that the Level 10 requires a high pressure source.

Eskimo Paint Slinger
06-28-2004, 05:41 PM
Mags are not known for being all that efficiant so go with a bigger tank if your wallet allows it.