PDA

View Full Version : Going off to school soon...Need a location w/ good paintball community.

hobbesTZ
06-28-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm looking into ITT-Tech as serious choice for school this coming fall. One of the big perks are all the locations to choose from. However, I've never been to any of these places, and where ever I go I want to be able to play paintball without taking hour long drives. As an added bonus, I'd really love to work in a paintball shop.

The full list is found here - http://www.itt-tech.edu/teach/list/degd.cfm

I was thinking of....

Tempe, AZ
San Diego, CA
Any of the Florida locations (Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Tampa, Lake Mary, Miami)
Richmond, VA

Those are just some that stand out, I'm open to all the other locations as well. Any help is appreciated, especially if you can hook me up when I get down there :)

SlipknotX556
06-28-2004, 10:50 PM
Go to San Diego.

Most of the fields in So Fl, mostly near Palm Beach County, are being shut down because of zoning. Miami has a few good fields.

FaSSt
06-28-2004, 11:09 PM
There are much more important considerations when planning a relocation than just paintball. Consider the wildly different costs of living among some of those locations, the quality of the education you will receive (even if it's the same school, different locations will have different programs or standards, job placement opportunities, etc.) and other factors.

tony3
06-28-2004, 11:58 PM
You might also want to consider one near a big city, great intern opprotunitys. Too bad there isn't one of those near chicago, lots of paintball around here and lots of intern opportunitys

elpimpo
06-29-2004, 12:35 AM
i could have sworn colorado has one of them

Eskimo Paint Slinger
06-29-2004, 12:49 AM
There is one in Liverpool up by Syracuse, very good paintball community and the new Headrush is really good.

But Syracuse is a dump and there are no jobs and the only jobs there are, are now leaving. But other than that we have a nice paintball field.

Look in my sig to visit the website

felony
06-29-2004, 07:27 AM
I am guess you play alot of paintball... BUT there is plenty of stuff to do in college besides ball.. as many probably now. I really dont know what those things are as I played just about every weekend @ school last year.. but still there are other things to do and an education shouldnt be missed to go paintballing somewhere nice.

That being said, Florida has some nice fields and what not. Jacksonville is home of Docs Raiders.. they are pretty good and have a great coach/owner. We play/ see em just about every weeekend near daytona beach. If you are looking @ a school near daytona beach there are about 5 fields within an hours drive. Not so bad.

Dan

lord1234
06-29-2004, 07:46 AM
well hobbes...you can stay in boston too...boston has plenty of ballers...

also where in NH are you and where do you play?

booyah
06-29-2004, 08:38 AM
word for the wise... not saying ITT Tech cant have a decent program, but at least where I am, when a resume saying ITT Tech comes in for Systems administration or even network/pc support (think helpdesk) its stamped as received and "filed" in the circular file...

even community colleges get more love than ITT from most employers... and the credits transfer to larger schools, unlike ITT...

just some food for thought..

-Booyah

lord1234
06-29-2004, 08:43 AM
yeah i didnt wanna be the one to say it...but ITT tech is like the WORST school in the world...you might as well go back to elementary school and write that down on your resume...

if i get a resume from ITT tech it also goes straight in the garbage.

FSU_Paintball
06-29-2004, 09:27 AM
^^

WARPED1
06-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Come to Florida! Not only do we have lots of fields, PSP holds 2 events here in Orlando(Orlando Open, World Cup). The NPPL has Miami(I think one other one too).

WickeDKlowN
06-29-2004, 03:17 PM
If you don't mind the heat, FL is pretty nice.

WARPED1
06-29-2004, 03:28 PM
But, we can play 365 days a year! :cool: