PDA

View Full Version : SiNs and me.........

Army
08-14-2001, 02:40 PM
...and to say I'm mad as can be is an understatement. It is NOT the color I requested, I wanted a bright red, what I have is a blue-ish magenta. The barrels look like they were painted by monkeys or a third-grader with finger paints.

I've been struggling for over 3 hours to clean out the paint that oversprayed inside all componants; barrels, Z-grip, body tube, twist lock tube, power feed. There is trapped dirt speckled all over and some parts of the frame are just barely covered.

Nothing was prepared like his web-site states, the AGD logo is still on the frame, but now covered in orange-peel. It wouldn't be there had the frame been bead=blasted as advertised.

The only parts that look good, despite the wrong color, are the ASA and the DF that I bead-blasted before I sent them.

I can no longer support Mr. McBain, nor his enterprise, and will recommend others to find alternate painting companies.

Dave

PS: This whole saga began on May 12th of this year. The first mailing was insured for too much and customs wanted big $ from Eric before he could recieve my package. He sent it back and I recieved it on May 28th. I re-mailed it the same day with much less insurance and Eric was able to have it delivered to his address. From this point on, I was informed by Email only once in over two months, on the progress of my gun. I Emailed him many times to inquire about it and only once was Email sent back to tell me he found a flaw and would have it sent out by the weekend; this was the 3rd of July. Yesterday, I Emailed again to ask where the heck my gun was. No response. Today, the nice mail lady said there is a package at the PO I need to pick up.

A total of over three months, $34 in shipping, $65 for the work (I added an extra $15 over his quote for extra attention to detail), only to get a piss-poor job of the wrong color.

[This message has been edited by Army (edited 08-14-2001).]

Flip540
08-14-2001, 02:42 PM
man that sucks...sorry to hear that.

------------------
Flip Out

Mini Mag (soon to be powderd red)
10" cp red
AGD Blade IntelliFrame :p
Clear AGD Warp Feed
KAPP DZII
68/3000 AGD Flatline
VL Fore Grip

For Sale...
benchy 2x
ss remote
Smart Parts AA 12"

"I may rock, but im not made of stone"

Peanut The Paintballer
08-14-2001, 02:47 PM
Can you post pics of it to show us all the mistakes etc?

Xzion
08-14-2001, 02:53 PM
Id'd call him up and complain, I doubt he has any disclaimer saying its not his responsibility to get colors right. and isnt false advertising illegal or something by explaining a false procedure??

[This message has been edited by Xzion (edited 08-14-2001).]

Tack
08-14-2001, 03:59 PM
I tried sending an design to them 5 months ago and have never heard anything from them. I emailed them several times before I sent the design to them and got back fairly snobby replies, I'm glad that I didn't send my Mag to them with the design.

------------------
Don't try running, you will only give me a better story!

irbodden
08-14-2001, 04:04 PM
Hey, that is scary! That really sucks, if you dont mind I am going to be putting a link to this thread from my PBD signature. They all think the guy is a god! It took like 3-4 monthes too didnt it?

-Rick

Go ahead, I don't mind. I was going to do the same myself. Dave

[This message has been edited by Army (edited 08-14-2001).]

-§on-
08-14-2001, 04:15 PM
*Sigh* Im Sorry To Hear That. Next Time do it threw P&K Selectives.

Mr.E Mag Man
08-14-2001, 04:26 PM
Man, I'm sorry to hear that..

I say you go borrow that 120mm, go back in person, and ask them to fix it.

MagMan5446
08-14-2001, 04:32 PM
Sorry to hear that, I think it's nasty letter time.

Try Red Rider...I heard he was good, but then again, I heard that SiN was pretty good too.

Don't trust people from out of the country, they all hate us Americans http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif. It's true.

------------------
I don't cry when my dog runs away
I don't get angry with the bills I have to pay
I don't get angry when my mom smokes pot,
Hits the bottle and goes right to the rocks.
F*ckin' and fightin, it's all the same,
Livin' with Louie-dog's the only way to stay sane
Let the lovin' Let the lovin' come back to me...

Sublime
R.I.P. Bradley James Nowell
2.22.68-5.25.96

MAGitt
08-14-2001, 04:59 PM
I've also had the same kind of snotty responses from Mr. McBain. I was asking what it would cost to do a tie-dye design and what I got was a criticism on how stupid he thought it would look. I never posted about it until now because I always heard good things about Sin Customs and I thought I might have caught him on a bad day. But I still opted to take my business elsewhere when I decide to have any work done. Sorry you had this happen Army. But if he keeps up like this he won't be in business much longer.

Bill

Whisky
08-14-2001, 05:06 PM
I did emailed him a hundred times, i even got to chat with him on icq and after all those contacts with that kind of weird guy... i decide to not ship my gun there. It seems that i have made a good decision... Sorry for you Army, that is bad spending so much money and waited so long to get such a dissapontment...

------------------
"Give me an inch... I`ll give you a bruise" -Andy Kopcok, team Image
Snap Snap
Bang Bang
You`re Out

MajorDamage
08-14-2001, 05:26 PM
Wow, I emailed them and sent them a pic of what I wanted, and they emailed me right back with an estimate, then I emailed again to see how long itd take, and got a reply back really quick saying itd be in the shop prolly around 4 days. And he said itd only be around 70 to have a flame job on my body, barrel, z-grip, body rail, foregrip, and extender. Hmm...

ENDO!

------------------
GO HERE!: <A HREF="http://wsnonline.8k.com" TARGET=_blank>http://wsnonline.8k.com

</A>The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

MajorDamage
08-14-2001, 05:30 PM
Canada RULES!

ENDO!

------------------
GO HERE!: <A HREF="http://wsnonline.8k.com" TARGET=_blank>http://wsnonline.8k.com

</A>The Witherspoon News! Sign the guestbook! It better than sunglasses, and twice as fragrent!

irbodden
08-14-2001, 05:30 PM
i have to say something, canada sucks.. get some pics up..

-rick shotliff

Chef123161
08-14-2001, 05:33 PM
Army - thats really awful. I too had a bad experience with Eric McBain at the beginning of this year. I sent him my P/F Automag body to be powdered blue. It took about a week and a half for him to get it and I had to pay an extra $15 because I insured it for $100 and candian customs wanted to tax it. He failed to tell me that anything insured over, I believe its $60, is liable to be taxed. Anyway, so a $15 powder job turns into a $30 job + shipping costs. Anyway, I get it back about 2 weeks later and it looks great. First day of play, I have chips in the powder. I know this stuff isnt invincible but the first day? The gun wasnt dropped or even brought into the woods! I emailed him that night and he said that it was cold when he baked it and the powder didnt cure properly. He offered to redo it if I paid for the shipping and insurance. I said no thanks since I didnt want to deal with him any more. I found a local shop and they did a much better job.

It seems it a hit or miss with him. You never know how your stuff will turn out.

68 Mag
08-14-2001, 06:04 PM
Hmmm, I wont be sending my mag to him. I'll either use some friend of my dad's or Red Rider...

Blue 88
08-14-2001, 06:32 PM
I heard nothing but food stuff from evreyone who delt with him. I was actuly gonna ship my gun out for a $50 job at the end of the month. Guess ill hold off.

Danny77
08-14-2001, 07:26 PM
up until now I have only heard good things from them.

I have emailed them several times in the past, and they seemed nice, and got back to me realy quick!

I dont know if I will do business with them now...

(I didnt know he was in canada!)

FaSSt
08-14-2001, 07:29 PM
Blame Canada! Blame Canada!

Does he have little beady eyes?

http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by FaSSt (edited 08-14-2001).]

Whisky
08-14-2001, 07:40 PM
Actually i am from Canada, and it do sucks... really. That s why i prefer to say that i am from Quebec, Quebec rules...
well way out of topic but i had to say so.. lol D)

------------------
Snap Snap
Bang Bang
You`re Out

deweasel697
08-14-2001, 07:58 PM
i was going to ship my gun today, glad i didnt.. I even told sin i was gonna ship it today. It was all packaged and ready to go. I think im gonna hold of though and get a local anno job. Hope he doesnt get mad.

2000Sabre
08-14-2001, 08:14 PM
Based on some of the posts I read in the forum I too was going to have may RT Pro powdercoated by Sin. I even went so far as to develop a design and get a quote. I immediately ran into problem with getting Eric to reply to the many emails I sent him. I'm still waiting to hear back on how to ship my parts to him. You always like to give a guy the benefit of the doubt, but after reading about Army's experience and the subsequent posts I doubt I'll be doing any business with Sin

MagDog68
08-14-2001, 08:18 PM
Just an observation, but weren't all of you people kissing SiN's butt like two months ago? It seemed everyone thought he could do no wrong until now.

I think I have seen about 400 posts bragging about awesome "Powder Jobs" from SiN Customs and not one complaint in my tenure on AO. Now all of a sudden everyone thinks the guy is a schmuck?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if half the people posting about SiN also never tried half the aftermarket parts they seem to have such expert opinions on.

I am sorry to hear about your lousy XP Army, but I guess this goes to show you can't always believe the HYPE!

~Fred

[This message has been edited by MagDog68 (edited 08-14-2001).]

2000Sabre
08-14-2001, 09:18 PM
MagDog. Good post. Since I'm fairly new to this forum I don't think I've kissed anyone's behind and I'm sure you're not trying to single anyone out for their comments, positive or negative. However, forums like this are a valuable source of information to people who play paintball both veterans and newbies alike (like myself). I don't think anyone is saying Eric is a schmuck but rather pointing out that some of the posts regarding SIN aren't entirely accurate. Maybe people ought to be smart enough not to post opinions about products unless they've actually used them. Hopefully, we'll get more of the folks who have had bad experiences post their opinions and threads like this get a little more balanced between pro and con. Then it's up to everyone to make up their own mind always remembering it's buyer beware. But if you do have a bad experience, it's always nice to let others know so they can avoid making the same mistake.

Army
08-14-2001, 09:53 PM
Very true MagDog. However, I have seen and touched Erics work before, and the pics on his website are another good example. Bad Brad had a wonderful job done to his Mag. Which is why I had no hesitation to send to him.

BUT, as you can see, I'm not the only one who has had problems. A small boo-boo I can forgive, that can be expected while doing cross-border business. The way he has treated me is reprehensible and I will be sure everyone knows to use SiNs at their own risk.

MajorDamage
08-14-2001, 10:04 PM
Army, did you call them? Maybe they gave your gun a paintjob that was intended for another gun. Or did they send you the wrong gun maybe?

ENDO!

------------------

Flamebo
08-14-2001, 11:00 PM
My cousin had a tigerstripe M98 done, and it looked *decent* although it was more of a copper color than an orange, and it scratches VERY easily. Drag a paperclip along the side of it with any pressure and it'll rip paint right off like it's latex.

Whenever I've tried to deal with him, or ask him questions etc., he's always been the smartass type and criticized any suggestions or request for suggestions while his site always mentions how it'll be done "your way". If "your way" involves splash, he'll refuse to do it because "he thinks it's ugly".

This is why when I have everything I want I'm going to spend the extra cash and go through PK selective for a nice, reliable fade ano job. It's kinda expensive for one gun, so I'll probably find someone else on this board who can agree to the same fade so we can get it done in bulk and split the costs.

Army
08-14-2001, 11:08 PM
I tried to call twice, but no answer. Still got charged for the international charge!

No, it's my gun alright.

MagDog68
08-15-2001, 05:33 AM
Army,
I am actually impressed that you went against the grain and told people what a lousy experience you had. Most people would just bite their tongues since SiN is such a god to most AOers.

I just wanted to point out that I have never seen anyone post anything bad about SiN before. Why did all these people wait so long to tell us he has questionable business practices?

Anyway, glad you spoke up Army. I think you should email SiN and tell him he is going to lose alot of business if he doesn't rectify your situation quickly and at his own expense.

Powder Coating + Automag -(All AOers)= Lousy Profits

~Fred

[This message has been edited by MagDog68 (edited 08-15-2001).]

cphilip
08-15-2001, 06:12 AM
Unfreakin believable! Man I am so sorry Army. This just sucks...

Major Ho
08-15-2001, 07:31 AM
Poor Army...
I know you are already with doing business with them but do you think you can get a hold of them in somehow(I know you said it was hard for you to get in touch) and have the fix it?

If that doesnt work lets go raid Canada and blow them up with one of your tanks? http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

cphilip
08-15-2001, 08:07 AM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MagDog68:
Army,
I just wanted to point out that I have never seen anyone post anything bad about SiN before. Why did all these people wait so long to tell us he has questionable business practices?

~Fred

[This message has been edited by MagDog68 (edited 08-15-2001).]</font>

I remember someone telling us his all flaked off from improper temperature treatment. And Sin offered to redo it but he had to pay shipping back and forth again. He was very reluctant to tell us the name at first too. Can't remember who it was. But it has been reported.

crm
08-15-2001, 08:38 AM
for anyone interested, this is why you wont get back a quick reply --

I know very few of you will actually care but I haven't really gotten
away since the summer of 96. As I reflect back on that I only now begin
to realize that was 5 years ago. I'm long overdo. This Friday I will be
taking off for BC and I will not be back until the 23rd. PLEASE do not
email us unless it is utterly important for you, and please realize you
may not receive a reply back until the 25th or so depending on how
backed up we get. We still will be able to receive packages as it's only
me thats leaving but only those we've arranged for. Unless you've been
otherwise told, DO NOT send in. I'm hoping all of you can help spread
the word of this to those not on our mailing lists, if you can get that
out on the boards and whenever anybody asks where we've gone it would be
greatly appreciated.

There will be an end of summer SiN newsletter subscribers exclusive sale
when I get back.

Paint em all and let god sort em out.

Eric McBain
SiN Custom

cphilip
08-15-2001, 08:44 AM

When was this period he was gone?

PLEASE do not email us unless it is utterly important for you

I believe Army meets this criteria...

Unless you've been otherwise told, DO NOT send in.

Army also meets this criteria...

Soooooo... why the crappy service and job?

[This message has been edited by cphilip (edited 08-15-2001).]

PyRo
08-15-2001, 09:58 AM
Yeah, i hate canada, they are the ones who made the damn heacy peices of steal i had to carry all day yesturday. I'm already plotting my revenge, i'm going to round up all the canadians and force them to hold a 150 pound peice of steal over their head for 8 hours http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

PsychoMag
08-15-2001, 10:20 AM
That really sux army. Will u be posting pics?I have seen alot of attempts at colors for mags, and the only ones worth anything are anno jobs. Paint scratches off because you really cant truely bake the finish on since the body could be damaged. Powdercoating has an issue with clearance also. A friend got a nice blue powderjob done on his minimag and we spent a night burning off the coating under the bodyrail because it screwed up the clearance for the sear and on/off pin...

post some pics so we can see the hell you are going thru...

------------------
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
Team ArchAngels
www.angelfire.com/extreme2/archangels"
No Skill, No Talent, All Heart" ~ Oh Pawlak

Maghog
08-15-2001, 10:58 AM
Army, you have very good reason to be upset, and Eric should not have sent you such shoddy work. I read the post last night and remembered hearing that SiN was going on vacation. My only thought was that he may have rushed your job out the door before leaving...bad call on his part obviously.
This whole "Canada sucks" thing is pretty ridiculous though. There are awful manufacturers in this country as well, and you guys need to get off your pedestal when it comes to being American.
If there are issues with someone doing bad work in our own country, no one takes the time to insult our own nation. Don't take this as an opportunity to bash our neighbors, just leave it as a business/customer relationship complaint.
'nuff said.

Snap_Dogg
08-15-2001, 03:55 PM
man that sucks what is the website and do u think u can post pics cause i want to see this

------------------
Here is what i got
-Chrome minimag
-Custom drop foward
-ACI BULLDOG nitro preset 68ci
-9v VL Green
-9v VL 1/2Black 1/2Clear
-12v VL 1/2Red 1/2Green
-Ronin 3-2 Stealth Pack
-Chrome lapco barrel
-stock barrel
-Double trigger
-SMARTPARTS wood grips
-Benchmark foregrip
-JT Flex-7 IZE Doo Doo Brown
-JT flex-7 graphite smoke mask
i got a spyder tl for sale talk to me if u want one

thei3ug
08-15-2001, 04:17 PM
Dalum from PBC worked with Triple M customs, out of La Porte, IN.

My neck of the woods.

I've met almost all the triple M affiliates, seen some good work from them (although their personal taste leaves... eh. to each their own http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif.

There is also a local guy named mark who used to be affiliated but is no longer that does plating and right now type III anno, but that doesn't help you.

Best bet from my standpoint is getting ahold of triple M.

Army
08-15-2001, 06:56 PM
...in it's entirety: Sorry about the other reply I got your first email just now.
Your particular order was not handled by me, like I said before I'm on
vacation though, and I cannot get to all my files to figure out who managed
your order. However I will say I WON'T be happy with this until you are. Now
the mailing thing was abnormal and I'm sure it was a pain to have such a
delay but you cannot blame that on us. The work though, I can do something
about, I would like to redo your gun MYSELF, and oversee it all the way
through to make sure it is a perfect finish. I will cover shipping of
course. I realize this must be dissapointing to you and I apologize for the
troubles so I'm hoping you'll let me make it up to you, if at all possible.

Let me know
Eric McBain

Hmmm......From what I can glean, Eric never worked on my gun at all, even though he sent me this:Subject: Re: My gun

Just wanted to update you, your gun was going to go out today but I noticed a slight discolouring on some of the parts so I'm redoing 3, hopefully get everything out to you by Wednesday, sorry for the delays.
Eric McBain
Owner
SiN Custom
http://www.sincustom.com

That was the last I heard from him until today. I can't imagine anyone letting a pure amateur operate his customizing business, and put his name to the work. My wife will bring the digi-cam home tonight, and I'll get some shots posted. Hopefully I'll be able to focus on the "finger-painting".

Now I'm in a dilemma; do I send it back to him to give him a chance to redeem his reputation, or just chalk up my loss to lifes lessons learned?

------------------
http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/contrib/blackeye/linkcoolMIR.gif Got Elves?

magman007
08-15-2001, 07:02 PM
let him redeem him self and if it isnt good army, we will all write threatining letters to him!

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

[This message has been edited by magman007 (edited 08-15-2001).]

Cha0tic
08-15-2001, 07:03 PM
i would give it a second chance. it is free so take advantage of it.

i just don't like the idea of letting his employees do the job for him and messing up. i thought they were a better company than that. if eric is away, the company should be down. that or they have to find sombody that knows what they are doing.

Whisky
08-15-2001, 07:04 PM
I thing you should send it back, you`ve already paid for the job, so if he does it again free of charge and shipping, you have a chance to get what you paid for.

------------------
Snap Snap
Bang Bang
You`re Out

shartley
08-15-2001, 07:08 PM
Go with your guts...

I have seen this type of thing before. And in fact it is the most common excuse given to cover up mistakes that people will not let companies get away with.......

"Dude! I am so upset! It was not me, but one of the other guys. I will make sure you are taken care of correctly and super fast!"

Quality service does not mean only when FORCED, or the second or third time around... it is going the extra mile in the first place, not after you messed everything up.

First time.... shame on them.
Second time.... shame on YOU.

It is not like they messed up yesterday and now they want to correct their mistake. It is a bit more than that.

http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
“The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

[This message has been edited by shartley (edited 08-15-2001).]

crm
08-15-2001, 07:51 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cphilip:

When was this period he was gone?

PLEASE do not email us unless it is utterly important for you

I believe Army meets this criteria...

Unless you've been otherwise told, DO NOT send in.

Army also meets this criteria...

Soooooo... why the crappy service and job?

[This message has been edited by cphilip (edited 08-15-2001).]</font>

umm, from the tone of your reply, i have no idea if any of the questions you asked were posed to me personally or not. if so, i have no freekin clue other than this is what he sent out to newsletter peeps. just posted what i thought might be useful info...

2000Sabre
08-15-2001, 07:55 PM
Army ask yourself this. Do I wait another 60 - 90 days to get my Mag back and risk the chance that's it is still not right. If Eric didn't work on your Mag the first time what guarantee do you have he'll be the guy doing the work this time? You don't have anything but his word and look where that got you the first time. Shartley's right, shame on you if you try it again. At least get your money back from Eric and then move on.

I'll at least give Eric credit for trying to make things right by you but this situation doesn't speak well for his company. Creditability is a tough thing, when you lose it like he has it takes a long time to get it back.

jas142
08-15-2001, 08:16 PM
What a great company.... The website doesn't even work! (Might be temporarily down though)

Paintballer86
08-15-2001, 08:49 PM
WELL??? Wheres the pix???

------------------
If you run, you will only be marked tired

thecavemankevin
08-15-2001, 09:18 PM
I wonder if eric came on AO and saw your last post??? I know i have seen him here before.

If i were you, i think i would ask him for your money back, and then go with someone else. But if you do go back to him, make sure you get it insured so if he never returns is, your covered. Although i imagin that if you do send it back he will not screw it up this time, but it is your call bro...good luck.

MajorDamage
08-15-2001, 09:48 PM
Send it back in, why leave your gun looking crappy when it can look good?

ENDO!

------------------

joeyjoe367
08-15-2001, 11:07 PM
Hey Army,

Have you heard of a guy named "Dalum" from PBC/PBD??? He did excellent powercoatings. I've seen a BL Millenium with 3 color faded splash http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif Veeery niiice..

You should try to contact him, I'll help you out if you'd like. I'm sure that he could repair SiN's screw up.

just click on my profile and e-mail me if you'd like me to find him for ya.

hitmanng
08-15-2001, 11:36 PM
Ouch Army,
Really sorry to hear about the poor job. As you know I was pretty happy with mine although it could have been better. He did prepare things as stated since the end of the barrel that was not painted had been sandblasted. I am sorry he did less than a decent job on yours. I must say between hearing this, the resent shipping fiascos, and the improperly fired body. I will stop reccomending Eric to others as well. If there is anything we can do to help let us know.
Hitmanng

------------------
Issha zetsumei -- The original "one shot, one kill"

hitmanng
08-16-2001, 04:06 AM
Hey Army,
Unfortunately since SIN has grown Eric has other people doing some of the work. This was on the new web site. The problem for you is as you first stated. If you send it back Eric will probably make sure it is done and done right. Unfortunately you are out of a gun for another 2 months. Maybe wait until winter. I still think it stinks that this happened. I was kind of afraid that this might be what happened when you explained the poor paint job. I think SIN better get thier act together or they are dead though.
Later,
hitmanng

------------------
Issha zetsumei -- The original "one shot, one kill"

Army
10-14-2001, 10:35 PM
In a recent thread, a member asked where he could get his gun powdercoated.

I, in my frustration, posted he should go with RedRider as SiNs had been unprofessional in his dealings with me, and a few other comments that were simply mean.

AO members, this could not be further from the truth. Eric McBain, the owner/operator of SiNs Customs powdercoatings is an honorable businessman and one who strives to please his customers.

I am ashamed to have posted what I did.

Eric has kept in contact with me as much as he has been able, to keep me informed of the progress on my gun. The NY situation has bottled up the crossing of packages at the border, and I implied that he was the one slowing and/or screwing up the 3 shipments back and forth. This is not so, Canadian Customs is to blame for the fees required of the first mailing debacle, the two other shipments have transpired with no problems.

I can only blame my brief lack of good judgement on such a poor showing of understanding.

I do apologise to all AO members who I have led to believe that SiNs is not a good company.

Please, if you are considering having your gun powdercoated, consider Eric McBain at SiNs Customs.

Dave

DiRTyBuNNy
10-14-2001, 10:51 PM
it's all good...i got mad one day and wrote a not to nice letter to Bud Orr on how much of a pain in the *** Autocockers are to keep in good shape..and he called me back and had me send the gun into him personally to work on..(i then proceeded to trade for the gun in my signature and i'm a million times happier) but i hope that you've patched things up SiN and explained to him why you felt the way you did and that you're sorry for not keeping it between the two of you...

MAGgot Man
10-14-2001, 11:02 PM
Well ARMY...for your lapse in judgment I think you should be flogged!!! I sentence you to 40 lashes with a wet noodle....:D

cphilip
10-15-2001, 11:44 AM
Well...Army your first posts were indeed based upon an unproffessional job. No doubt about it. We all saw it. So at the time you said it it was true. Eric admits that. The shipping problems aside. However you gave him a chance to redeem himself and it seems he has. I do not think you owe anyone an apology. When you said it it was true. So its now changed and you are letting us know. End of story. And So its all solved but you do not need to feel guilty for telling the truth. Its the way you felt at the time and rightly so I might add. I think the both of you handled this thing very well in the end. I know Eric cannot undo the harm from the first job anymore than you can undo the words you used to describe it. You were indeed very restrained about it at first. So I say to the two of you...Fugedaboudit!!

SuperOrangeTicTac
10-15-2001, 02:18 PM
lol i was wondering why you went off at eric like that. HE did an awesome job when he did my SE m98 a while back, and i had no problems with him.

MCBAIN IS THE BESTTTTTTTT

:D

slushee
10-15-2001, 04:14 PM
Yeah .. and everyone thinks us canadians are so nice :cool:

.. damn customs - least I won't have to deal with them when I get powdercoating..

mrhooie
10-15-2001, 05:53 PM
It's big of you to post this Army.. I'm glad the two of you have made amends and everything is OK

You scared me for a minute though, I just sent off a marker to Eric to be painted..

I'll let you know how it turns out

mrhooie

73h_0/\/3
12-29-2001, 09:07 PM
whats SiN's new site?

thanks in advance

73h_0/\/3
12-29-2001, 09:12 PM

mrhooie
12-29-2001, 09:23 PM
http://members.home.com/sincustom/800x600.html

Army
12-29-2001, 09:42 PM
That's the old site. Last time I was in contact with him, he had no concrete plans to get the site up.

However, I recommend you use RedRider for any powdercoating jobs. I had a very poor experience with SiNs, and was not satisfied with the results or his business accumen.

RedRider has proven himself to be inexpensive, fast on returns, and quality of work. There are MANY happy RedRider customers on this site who will tell you he is the one to go to!

REDRIDER87@AOL.COM But give him time to respond, he won't look at his Emails until way late at night.

PigSweat
12-29-2001, 10:36 PM
http://www.zygotemedia.com/sincustom/

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
12-29-2001, 11:15 PM
Heres somthing to add to that Army,

I havent seen a complaint about his powdercaoting. I'm not sure if you have, but he is my first choice for getting your gun "colored".

deweasel697
12-29-2001, 11:57 PM
According to RedRider he is now a part of sin, SiN will be doing mostly airbrush stuff while red will do the basics.

Army
12-30-2001, 01:11 AM
Coffey, it's not what I "heard", it's what I have in my hands. My gun could have been done by a monkey for all I know, the job is that bad.

His site stresses how good and wonderful he is, but I am holding the proof he does not know how to conduct business, nor what quality actually is.

The first time I sent my gun in, he passed it off to his associates while he went on vacation. I was never informed of any of this, even though I dealt only with Eric personally. When I got the gun back 2 months later (granted there was some shipping problems that were not of Erics nor my doing, but Customs) it was the infamous crappy metallic pink, NOT what I ordered at all.

At his site, check his FAQs: #10 states that it will take 5-10 days for a standard job AFTER payment is recieved. I sent payment out with the first mailing, this means he had my money order for at least two weeks before he got my gun the 2nd time. It was another 22 days until I saw my gun again, with the job poorly done and pink.

FAQ #12 asks if paint will get in the barrel. He says no, the barrel internals are masked before coating, and if any gets in it is easily removed. Well, both the 8" and 12" were crusted inside with paint, totally unusable. They would have been ruined had I not had honing equipment at work, where I had to remove their screw up. Granted, the untrained idiots did it without Erics knowledge, but that does not get the business off the hook.

SiNs brags that they bead or sand blast your gun to get it down to bare metal ready to take the paint. He also says how the parts are cleaned numerous times to insure a smooth finish. Then he says how all the internals and threaded areas are checked for overspray, then cleaned up, polished and carefully packed for shipping back to the customer. Well, I guess they forgot to do that to my gun, for it had dirt, paint runs, paint in the internals (my trigger would not mount up for all the paint, nor would the sear drop in), and you know about the barrels. Heck, there were even fingerprints embedded in the paint!

I contacted Eric as soon as I could (after I cooled off a few days), and he was very apologetic, and explained that he had fired the two guys he hired as they had done many bad jobs. OK, I accepted that, I also accepted his offer to fix my gun and get it exactly the way I wanted, and he would pay the shipping. He assured me that the work he would personally do would make up for all my troubles. I sent him my gun with the admonishment to send back the shipping charges in USD.

Now, this was just before Sept.11, so mail traffic was somewhat stalled at the border, but without hearing from him for another month, I emailed him only to have him tell me he was finishing up the "Glory Guns" (M98s) for a charity orginization and he would get to my gun first thing after that. Well, nearly a month later I was pissed and many saw my thread here about that. After corresponding with Eric (and apologising to AO), he assured me it looks super good and he was just doing the final polish and it would be on its way......2 weeks later I finally received my gun.

Now the paint was what I asked for, bright red with ghost flames down the barrel and body tube. However, the quality is piss poor. The rail was so gunked up with paint it took me about 2 hours just to get the trigger to swing and the sear to drop in without binding. I had to drill out the safety's tunnel for it to mount in, tap the grip screw holes and the ASA screw holes. After nearly an hour with a hone, I was able to get a barrel to go into the body, another 30 minutes to make it turn and lock. The barrels I had to re-hone, and I'm not sure of their diameter anymore.

No, my "story" is not what I have heard, but what I went through with Eric. I will never recommend his service to anyone, and if he wants to get upset at me again like last time, well, go for it. I got screwed by SiNs and Eric Mcbain.

(see the paint inside? that was normal throughout)

Army
12-30-2001, 01:12 AM
See the lumpy paint? This is supposed to be "polished to a brilliant shine?

Army
12-30-2001, 01:13 AM
Let's not forget the barrels!

zvanut
12-30-2001, 01:21 AM
Army,
what happened to your barrel?

irbodden
12-30-2001, 01:33 AM
Redrider does some sweet works and he is a really cool guy, he's fast too :D

damageinc54
12-30-2001, 01:43 AM
My God that looks like ooky. It is a sad day when I see this kind of work done. I am a Machinist and I do all kinds of custom work. The hardest part of the job is getting players to trust that you know what you are doing. Work like this hurts all of us. I hope you ripped him a new one Army

paintballer187
12-30-2001, 11:59 AM
Army--how much did u pay for that?

2000Sabre
12-30-2001, 06:13 PM
If you want to look into others that do powder coating, I had my RT Pro done by KP Customs. The guys name is Ken Wenlasky. You can contact him at kpcustoms@aol.com This guy knows what he's doing, he did two barrels, my body, body rail, sight rail, and fore grip rail. Everything went together nicely without any problems. Worth a look. Attached is what my RT looks like after it was done.

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/peter-simmons/images/peters_rt1.jpg

damageinc54
12-31-2001, 12:15 AM
Your RT looks sweet!!! I have the same gun. You are giving me some ideas!!!

Miscue
12-31-2001, 02:04 AM
I had a good look at Army's gun at PanAm... it's sloppy... his pics don't even show the full extent. Rather disappointing.

Bonx0007
12-31-2001, 02:24 AM
Probably should take the mods advice.

InfinatyBPS
01-02-2002, 12:32 AM
can we go to if we want graphic powdercoating if not sin?

Snooky
01-02-2002, 06:50 AM
Does kpcustoms have a website?

redrider87
01-02-2002, 11:18 AM
For the record I would like to say I did start working for SiN. I do some of the basic stuff and Eric does the airbrushing stuff.
Army I am sorry for your luck with SiN in the past. I did not spray your gun and I know Eric did not. I can tell just by looking at the pic that the grip frame is not dirt but its light paint. I can tell you that Eric did not do that.
Any one who knows anything about powder coating would not send that back to the customer.
I don't know what else to say. But I am sorry.

Army
01-02-2002, 11:51 AM
Red, the "pink gun" debacle was cleared between Eric and I.
I accepted his explaination for the reasons why and I do not hold him personally at fault, but the company at large.
As for the poor job the he did himself, well, I have already told that tale, and Miscue can back up my story.

I cannot, nor will I ever, hold you at fault for any of this, as you were not a part of SiNs at the time. I have seen your work up close and in my hands, so I know you are more than capable of quality work. Your attention to detail is why I recommend people directly to you only. Dave:cool:

redrider87
01-02-2002, 12:20 PM
I am glad it all worked out between you guys.

Thank you for the kind words.