PDA

View Full Version : Lacking Distance

djmrk
10-15-2001, 12:10 AM
Just this past weekend, I became frustrated with my Minimag because I was unable to shoot further than my friends basic Spyder. I was having a more difficult time trying to take out my friends that were shooting cockers. When I shoot, my marker seems to be shooting sinker balls. What could be wrong? I have set my marker from 220 fps through 290 fps and the results are the same. This sinker ball effect is preventing me from achieving reasonable distance. I have also tried different bore paint with the same results. Please Help.
:(

BlackVCG
10-15-2001, 01:55 AM
Are the nubbins in correctly? What kind of bolt are you using? Have you tried a different barrel?

HyperSnyper
10-15-2001, 11:40 AM
"Sinker Ball Efect"

Might be psychological. No matter what gun you shoot, gravity will bring a ball down to the ground at the same rate (which is why I think that Cocker can outshoot a Mag in range in BS).

Another possibility is that the barrel might be slightly mounted with a downward angle (reverse Flatline effect). This would create a down spin on the ball which would make it sink as you said. My friend had a Spyder. The quality on it wasnt that good because the threads where the barrel screws onto was put at a slight angle which caused it to spin left. This happened no matter what barrel we put on (SS, DYE, etc.)

Hope this helps.

kickass68mag
10-15-2001, 01:32 PM
you are probably shooting further than you think, if you are saying that you are shooting the same as your friends spyder than you are probably shooting the normal distance, if you are only shooting like 20 feet then something is wrong, but as black said check your nubbin and try a different barrel. Make sure you match the paint to the barrel. if that don't work try turning up the velocity a little bit and see if that works.

_KICKASS_

djmrk
10-15-2001, 06:11 PM
Thank you everyone for your input. I will try everything to correct the problem.