PDA

View Full Version : help with an esp trigger for spyders

tribalman
06-29-2004, 10:29 AM
sorry if this is in the wrong place...

i just got the esp frame for my spyder. as i was playing with the trigger, i notice that the pull was really strong because there is a spring under part of the trigger. i tried to remove it, but i can't get the trigger out. how is it supposed to come out? thx in advance.

bleachit
06-29-2004, 10:34 AM
if its like the mech frames, you should be able to see the end of metal pin going through the width of the frame just above the trigger. when you take the frame out you need to take a nail and a hammer and hammer out the pin. I think you need to hammer it from the right side, if you hammer from the wrong side, you will just pound it in further and not help yourself out. There is an end with a little star design that helps hold the pin in place, you need to hammer from the opposite side.

on a side note, my friend has an imagine, he took the spring out. I would suggest replacing the spring with a lighter one, as the trigger does not return all that well when shooting fast on semi. But its your preference, you may like it better with no spring at all.

tribalman
06-29-2004, 12:40 PM
i tried your tip, but it didn't do anything except dent the part a bit. any other tips? also, i was going to try it without the spring, or if i didn't like it that way i was going to cut it down a bit.

bleachit
06-29-2004, 03:36 PM
what part was dented in, the pin?

tribalman
06-30-2004, 10:12 AM
yeah, the pin got dented a bit, i got it out. just had to hit a little harder. i didn't wanna accidently break something so i wasn't hitting it too hard. well i got it out, took the spring out, and it's back together and it's nice. thx for your help.

bleachit
06-30-2004, 02:02 PM
no problem. if you have any other spyder questions, just pm me and I will see if I can help.