PDA

View Full Version : Classic Valve... Iam confused??!!

Little_Ho
06-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Hi @ALL

Well iam a little confused...
I have no idea what the hell is going on....
So here is the story... I just resived the AM/MM Classic Valve Repair Kit from AGD.
So i tooked the Valve like on the Exploed view appart. I recorniced that their actually a PT Spacer. So no big Deal, but i don`t have a Spacer there... I just have a Spring in there...??!!!

So why does i have a Spring in there and not a Spacer?????

Can somebody help me?????

Thanks...

Little_Ho

brianlojeck
06-29-2004, 12:36 PM
springs came before spacers.

The spacers were easier to adjust, because they could be made to different sizes. Some springs simply didn't work right, and it was a pain in the *** trying to find one that did sometimes.

If yours works good with a spring you shouldn't have any trouble, but I would visit airgun.com and pick yourself up a set of spacers.

athomas
06-29-2004, 12:46 PM
The early original mags had a powertube spring instead of a spacer. They worked but couldn't be tweaked to provide a crisper feel on the trigger. Later generations of mags came with spacers, and you could get a kit to change the length to taylor the trigger feel to your liking.

brianlojeck
06-29-2004, 12:52 PM
Does the spacer really have a noticable effect on the trigger feel? I guess I just have insensitive fingers or something. I found one that didn't leak, didn't stick, and I've been running it ever since...

oh nuts, now I need to go play with spacers again. ;-)

Little_Ho
06-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the Infos...

I guess i will get some Spacers soon.....

But i mean it is working fine i probably leaf it for now...

Little_Ho

Tunaman
06-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the Infos...

I guess i will get some Spacers soon.....

But i mean it is working fine i probably leaf it for now...

Little_HoHey Man. Email me your address and i will send you a set of spacers. ;) :D

Little_Ho
06-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Hi There

My Mail Address is [email protected]

Thanks

Little_Ho

mcveighr
06-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Yeah its no problem if it works but it would be good to have the spacers, mine came with the spring and I went to spacers to prevent any trouble. If you had the spring you probably also have the old style on/off top, I did and never replaced it with a new one, but I hear you should.