PDA

View Full Version : Would someone be able to do this for me?

FallNAngel
06-29-2004, 04:58 PM
I'm thinking about bidding on an auction on ebay... unfortunately, the guy only has 3 feedback (all as a buyer) and lives in the Silverdale, Washington area. My question is, if I bid on this, win, and never get my item, would someone be able to pay this guy a visit and umm.... talk ... yeah that's it... talk with him? Who knows, I may not win at all, but I figured I'd ask first before something happens and I can't get it at all... Thanks!

Jaremy Rykker
06-29-2004, 05:00 PM
We have some Washington residents here. I live up in Washington... Blazestorm, we've got some others. I don't know if I'd like to go to some con artists house and go make him pay up though. But, overall I probably wouldn't. Hmm, never did like such low feedback sellers myself, but good luck in finding somebody who would go say hi if he didn't ship the product.

_tMAN
06-29-2004, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't buy form someone with such low feedback, most of the time things never work out correctly anyway

Jaremy Rykker
06-29-2004, 05:06 PM
I got my Tippy 98 off ebay at a nice deal from a guy with somewhat average feedback (15). The marker was working, but it was a little more beat up than he described, and the expansion chamber he included with it wouldn't align correctly. Thus, I have those parts for sale if anybody wants them.

The marker was in fine working order, although one of the springs was worn out and I needed to replace that soon. Ebay doesn't always have the best quality, but you can get good deals. Perhaps you could run some day where all of us Washington residents show up to his house decked out in camo and wielding our paintball markers and ask him to come out to play. Nah, I really don't know. Hopefully it all works out anyways, but you'll see if anybody else around here would do that for you.

Bulldog
06-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Save yourself the headache, if you're already doubtful about the guy...you're gonna kick yourself when/if it does go bad. There's always another person selling it. Just my 2cents.

FallNAngel
06-29-2004, 05:18 PM
I agree Bulldog... just a really good deal if it did go through... so far $380 for a Matrix and tank... ::sigh:: I'll just wait... Thanks anyway guys..

deathstalker
06-29-2004, 05:25 PM
If no one bought from low-feedback sellers, there would be no eBay. Everyone has to start somewhere.

I have no problem bidding on someone with low feedback, but I check more than just their number first. I take the time to read the feedback and then if I win the auction, I make sure I use a payment method that protects me. I won a great auction a couple years ago and the person had NO feedback. I emailed him after the auction closed (about $500) to touch base with him and make sure I had alternate contact info. He was a perfect seller and I got the best paintball deal to date. After selling off most of the package, I picked up a new Intelliframe and new 68/45 Flatline with DYE cover for about $150.

Skoad
06-29-2004, 05:40 PM
garuanteed it will go for a lot more than that come end of auction.

FallNAngel
06-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it will, I wasn't expecting to pay next to nothing.. right now it's at 445 and it has 2.5 hours left.

magking1971
06-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Dang silverdale is on the wrong side of the state. :argh:

tony3
06-29-2004, 09:31 PM
If you use paypal and you never recieve the item you can file a claim and paypal will hopefully refund your money.

FallNAngel
06-29-2004, 10:02 PM
If you use paypal and you never recieve the item you can file a claim and paypal will hopefully refund your money.

A) Ebay will refund up to $200
B) Paypal can try to refund your money provided the person still has the money in their account. Since it only takes 3-4 days to get the money out of the account (if that) and I wouldn't even know I wasn't getting the item until at least that long, that doesn't help much
C) If the seller has paypal protection, I could get it back guarenteed... unfortunately, he would have to have 50 feedback and 98% ... he has 3 feedback, no where enough

I decided to pass on the deal. Whoever won the auction got a very nice deal provided they actually get it. Dye Matrix LCD and what looks like a 68/4500 HP Crossfire