PDA

View Full Version : Warp Feed

Burb
10-15-2001, 07:05 AM
Can someone tell me if Warp Feeds are Tournament Legal?
I have asked various people at AGD but havent got a real response.
I will hopefully be playing next year in the UK Tournaments.
Also is it worth getting an intelliframe prior to the Warp Feed?
Obviously this will save factory work on the frame.

shartley
10-15-2001, 07:18 AM
I would think they are. The Warp Feed does not make your Marker shoot any faster than it is designed to shoot. What it does is allow your Marker to take FULL advantage of its actual firing rate by making sure it gets the paintballs as fast as your marker will (and is designed to) shoot them.

I hope this makes sense. Those who have used the Warp Feed DO shoot faster than they did before they used it… BUT that was not because it made the Marker faster… it just gave them the balls at a rate fast enough to keep up with the Marker’s firing rate.

This should not conflict with Tournament Rules since it is only a FEEDING issue, and not an actual Firing one. The actual Marker is the same.

However, it is always best to contact the Tournament Coordinators in person to verify all rules before showing up anyway. Sometimes they can get screwy.

Puckz
10-15-2001, 09:51 AM
Shortened Answer:

Should be legal, ask the person running the tourney before hand to make sure.

;)

Temo Vryce
10-15-2001, 10:29 AM
I don't think that the NPPL has baned them so I believe that most tournies will allow you to use one.

Burb
10-15-2001, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the advice, i will speak to some people before hand.
:confused:

HeerophantG
10-15-2001, 12:21 PM
In Thailand it's legal as we follow the NPPL rules, but i don't know exactly in UK.
But i don't think it's much of difference about the Rules

Bad Dave
10-15-2001, 12:22 PM
Hi burb,

I am a tourney player in england as well. The warp is tourney legal. It is fine in Millenium series events and also at small regional events.

If u have a metal frame i would say get the warp first and run it off the vibration sensor, if u have a carbon fibre frame i would say get the intelliframe first.

FeelTheRT
10-15-2001, 12:41 PM
It depends on what tournament your entering. Most will alowing it even though they say a force feeding system is not allowed. However, though the Warp Feed is a force feeding system, It's not a loader by it's self. It still requires a hopper such as a VL Rev which is gravity fed therefor legal.

slayer
10-15-2001, 01:12 PM
if you get one, make sure it always has fresh batteries. Ummmm...Fresh batteries good.

AGD
10-15-2001, 02:14 PM
Straight from the factory:

THE WARP HAS NEVER BEEN ILLEGAL IN ANY TOURNAMENT WE KNOW OFF.

AGD

SuperOrangeTicTac
10-15-2001, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Straight from the factory:

THE WARP HAS NEVER BEEN ILLEGAL IN ANY TOURNAMENT WE KNOW OFF.

AGD

at the rate that the NPPL is banning things, i wouldnt be surprised that they banned it sometime. if they did, it would make a lottttttttttt of people mad.

ben_JD
10-15-2001, 04:25 PM
Didn't think this question demanded its own thread, so I will clog this thread with my question:

What happens when the Warp Feed tube takes a paintball hit? I haven't felt the tube, but it seems that it might just bust the paintballs inside.

Experience?

Yipe
10-15-2001, 05:42 PM
ben_JD,

To answer your question about the Warp Feed tube, everything should be fine. In the last seven months, my Warp Feed has seen heavy use in both practice and tournaments. To date, no direct paint hits have deformed the tube or damaged any paintballs in the stack - and some of those hits have been from pointblank range. The tube's shape, plus the inherent strength of the material, protects the paintballs inside quite well. Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Matt

billmi
10-15-2001, 06:35 PM
Most major tournament series re-wrote their rules in 2000 to allow force feed (WPF, Pan Am, NPPL, IAO, etc.) so since its introduction it has always been legal, and it has nothing to do with not being hopper - it has to do with the rules not restricting players to gravity feed anymore.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills