PDA

View Full Version : Realible force feed, B or Reloader B?

GT
06-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Alright guys,
I want to jump into the force feed fad. Only problem is I dont trust them, at all. It would seem all I see at the field is 1/2 the halo's going down for one reason or another. I know that both the Halo B and Reloader are fast, What I need to know is which one is going to keep me in the game....

also if you guys could post up a link or two of places that have good prices I'd apperiacite it :tup:

note: I already tried the hopper forum on pbn and the only guy that posts any good info is manike, the rest is 'pwnd' 'noob' 'agg', kiddies.

gt

WGPforlife
06-29-2004, 10:02 PM
if the halo B has a rip drive, they are essentially the same, however the reloader B uses sound activation so it will be slightly faster than the halo B in response tiem. this comparison is similar to the revolution and reloader A

Skoad
06-29-2004, 10:08 PM
I have a z board black egg for sale. Used it on my Emag and DM4, just picked up a halo don't need it anymore.

RRfireblade
06-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Pretty much switched over to ReB's. Except for the broken lids :rolleyes: they are doing quite well, better than my Halos held up so........ that's my pick, currently.

They may or may not be any faster than the normal Halo but either is faster that you need worry about and both smoke any Z'd Egg. My only suggestion is RIP DRIVE IS A MUST and it comes stock on th ReB.

:)

-=Squid=-
06-29-2004, 10:36 PM
From what I have seen and heard, I would stick with the B.

I have owned a halo B ever since they were first released, and the only problem I ever had was having to get my shells replaced twice (throwing the hopper, punching the hopper)

Odyssey has great customer service, and honestly, I wouldnt recommend anything other than the halo.

As for the reloader b or regular halo b, I would say halo... the eyes work just fine, and you have the victory board available (not sure if it works with the reloader, either way, I still say regular B) Also a little cheaper.

Buy from www.pbgear.com, I believe that they are only 115 or so.

No need for a rip drive really, at least I dont think so. If you run out of batteries mid game, its your own fault... thats why you put new batteries in before each day of play. Obviously, problems can occur than the rip drive can help, but ive never had them. Just get it if you have the extra money I suppose.

I do and always will swear by my halo, heck I didnt even upgrade to Z code. (I see more p roblems with Z code then the software right before it, hell no im not upgrading... mine works perfect :)) Go for it.

wobbles82
06-29-2004, 10:58 PM
From what ive dealth with, both work very nicely, but you will get the occasional jam, regardless of how great some say work, most people get an occasional jam. Just get the Reloader B, your not gonna outshoot it with the stock board so no need for a victory as of yet, and ya get a Rip Drive preinstalled. Thats the selling point.

GT
06-30-2004, 12:42 PM
thanks a bunch guys,
I have learned more in these 5 posts than the hour spent sifting through the crap on Pbn.

I am leaning towards the reloader simply because I like sound activiated loaders. anyone have a site that sells them?

No sKiLLz
06-30-2004, 12:58 PM
http://1shotpaintball.com/2004/product_info.php?products_id=293

I can't find it for less than $149, but if you e-mail these people and drop my name they will lower the price a bit.

Z-man
06-30-2004, 01:11 PM
Yeah what has been siad is about right. Either loader Halo's or Empire's will feed faster than you shold ever need. The Victory Board on the Halo is more for show than anythign else as I have yet to meet someone who can outshoot a Z-code Halo (excluding my rapid-fire). The only reason I did not get a Reloader B was the fact that it cost more.

RR Fireblade- why do you like the rip so much? If my halo batteries die I ain't cranking that thing the rest of the rame to get another 12 shots out. Some other reason?

magman007
06-30-2004, 05:13 PM
you know, my halo died from crappy half shelled field paint, and my field is FPO. this is why im switchint to a reloader.

RRfireblade
06-30-2004, 05:15 PM
RR Fireblade- why do you like the rip so much? If my halo batteries die I ain't cranking that thing the rest of the rame to get another 12 shots out. Some other reason?

Because I have had more than my share of 'on field' Halo break downs and not battery issues either(one of the reason I deceided to give the ReB a try before I canned them all together) and the Rip had saved my butt at least a few times.

10-12 shots snapped off, tuck in and wind ....10-12 shots snapped off, tuck in and wind,etc. It's really quite a neat back up that works nicely. Also during 'testing' or 'setup' while your hopper batteries are charging (if you use them,I do)you can still fire short strings and/or Chrono with it. When removing a full hopper you can back out balls under pressure which is handy.And finally you can,or at least I do, tweak spring tension on the stack.Sometimes after long strings or multiple single/double shots,the motor and the spring sometimes get 'out of time' .You can re-tweak the spring tension by turning the Rip and either increase or decrease tension to maintain consistant feed rates.That's often why some people still chop or break balls in the breach with a Halo.

That's my feeling anyway, your mileage may vary. :)

-=Squid=-
06-30-2004, 05:29 PM
Ive used blackshelled paint (completely black; called gator black) without problems in my halo before.

FallNAngel
06-30-2004, 05:39 PM
I got my reloader b for several reasons:

1. Rip drive - I know some people will just say "screw it" and leave the game if their hopper dies.. personally, I'd rather see how long I can last with the rip drive, then deal with it after the game.

2. Cost - It wasn't *that* much more expensive than a normal Halo, esp after adding in the cost of the rip drive.

3. No eyes - I know some people don't have problems with paint, but some do... this is one less thing to worry about. Now I can shoot whatever paint I want and not have to worry about it. Also, on the small chance that I *do* chop a ball, I don't have to worry about paint smearing all over the eyes and causing all kinds of problems.

-=Squid=-
06-30-2004, 05:40 PM
I know some people will just say "screw it" and leave the game if their hopper dies.. Then they probably dont play serious enough to warrent having a halo anyways.... Then again, what do I know?

RRfireblade
06-30-2004, 06:12 PM
I know some people will just say "screw it" and leave the game if their hopper dies..

Then they probably dont play serious enough to warrent having a halo anyways.... Then again, what do I know?

If my halo batteries die I ain't cranking that thing the rest of the rame to get another 12 shots out. Some other reason?

Sounds like you don't know Jack shi................Zman. :D

FallNAngel
06-30-2004, 06:31 PM
Then they probably dont play serious enough to warrent having a halo anyways.... Then again, what do I know?

I'd do the same thing if I had a revvy and my batteries died... instant shake-n-bake hopper... play the game through...

It's not like I play tourny's either...

-=Squid=-
06-30-2004, 06:38 PM
I'd do the same thing if I had a revvy and my batteries died... instant shake-n-bake hopper... play the game through...

It's not like I play tourny's either...
Well even if you dont play tourneys, why leave the field because your hopper batteries died?

By the way, im not sure if your saying you would or would'nt leave the field :tard:

RRfireblade
06-30-2004, 07:00 PM
He's saying even if his Revy Batts died he would 'shake and bake' it to feed balls so he can continue to play........I think. :)

FutureMagOwner
06-30-2004, 07:09 PM
q loader doesnt have batteries :D

FallNAngel
06-30-2004, 07:31 PM
He's saying even if his Revy Batts died he would 'shake and bake' it to feed balls so he can continue to play........I think. :)

Bingo

Just to point out what that had to do with the discussion, you said:

It doesn't have to do with me owning a Halo... I'd do the same if I had a revvy.