PDA

View Full Version : How much confidence does your gun give you?

Carbon
06-29-2004, 11:00 PM
I would like to know how much confidence your gun gives you. I currently own an e mag, i am a former classic shooter. I find that my confidence has not changed and am willing to make the same risky and stupid moves ive always did the my E as with my classic.

trevorjk
06-29-2004, 11:08 PM
im saying 8 cuase my gun has been finicky as of late :(

jayloo
06-29-2004, 11:17 PM
In 2 years it has never failed when I needed it.

Duck Hunt
06-29-2004, 11:21 PM
I just made a post on how much I loved my marker, here it is http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=142981

I voted 10 because it has yet to let me down. There is always a ball in the breach. And I never have to worry about breaking balls. All you need is a good head to keep it running and it'll treat you great.

Sean

tony3
06-29-2004, 11:36 PM
I think when people say that they got a better gun and it gives them confidence can be true, but I think usually you start off with a lower end gun and move up as you go. When you start out you arent a good player, and usually as you get better, you buy better guns. So by the time you get a really nice gun, you are a good player, and you just don't realize it.

elpimpo
06-29-2004, 11:54 PM
well, ill burst out into a bunker that i know im going to have to play really hard and tight to stay alive more often with my timmy then i would a model 98 cause i know that i can generally shoot my way out as long as i have enough paint

PsychoBaller
06-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Well... I stick by my SFL Emag even if it has been problematic half the time I've owned it... stupid shocktech messing up tolerances...

When its working its awesome... when its being a bit**, its a total *****....

"I'm not saying nutin"

-baller

_tMAN
06-30-2004, 12:07 AM
I said 1-3 because I have a 98 custom. Playing speedball is a joke with my friends and I, thay have much lighter, much shorter, and faster shooting guns that me. I love the gun, but I am getting a Tac-One soon so things will be much better :)

If only AGD would get some dang T1's in stock :headbang:

Blazestorm
06-30-2004, 12:16 AM
Think about it... if you have a spyder as your first gun playing, you're like "ok this is cool, paintball is fun and all." if someone lends you a fully loaded Dm4 you're like "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE THIS GUN IM GOING TO KILL EVERYTHING!"

Confidence is key, the more cocky you are the BETTER you would play versus what you'd normally play.

My first day on sup-air some guy lent me his orracle (this was back when orracles were THE cocker to have, and people were paying 8-900 for them) and I just ran down the field and shot everyone because I thought I could, and I did, I just played hard and well just rolled the other team because I was over-confident and got lucky.

But yeah, If I have a crappy non-working gun I'm not going to play as well because I don't think I can... so in conclusion! :bounce:

camilion705
06-30-2004, 12:22 AM
Every gun I have had excluding my old 98c has failed me in some way almost everytime I play. I think I may be in the market for a mag in the near future...

Even though my guns always break, I play with just as much confidence. (I am just really bummed off the field trying to fix the darn thing.)

_tMAN
06-30-2004, 12:27 AM
the only confidenc I have with my 98C is that if it breaks, yeah right those things are built like tanks, I can fix it in under 5 minutes

Carbon
06-30-2004, 01:55 AM
Confidence is key, the more cocky you are the BETTER you would play versus what you'd normally play.

I guess that is true to some degree. But i think there is a big difference between confidence and cocky. To me, cocky means your dont have enough confidence to keep your mouth shut. And confidence is never having to say how good you are.

Target Practice
06-30-2004, 01:56 AM
I voted for 8-10 because each time I have upgraded my marker, I have gained a little boost in confidence. When I finally upgraded to my 'Mag though, it became a whole 'nother ball game. Now, I don't really have any excuses. No more, "It's the gun, I swear!" While it has given me a boost of confidence, I now am forced to perform. There can be no more hiding behind the marker, so to speak.

Blazestorm
06-30-2004, 02:02 AM
Yeah, there's loud-mouth cocky, then theres inside cocky.

You know, you think in your head you're a better player and you'll beat those guys... you usually will if you have that mentality.

Skoad
06-30-2004, 02:10 AM
Like I say: the better the gun - the better you feel - the better you play

ProX9
06-30-2004, 02:23 AM
I love my viking, it gives confidence to someone like me whos paranoid about things going wrong. I also like knowing that if I get blown away or dont shoot anyone out or perform poorly it wasnt the gun that was holding me back, I remember learning the hard way to time an autococker, my gun might as well as had razor blades in the breech it chopped so much, of course I can do it now perfectly but I never had the confidence to just rip and not worry about chopping and then being helpless when cleaning out my barrel. My viking hasnt chopped in 10000 rounds excluding the irish paint i got from z-man which is fuego brand by the way which kinda lived up to its name and made a paintball gun flamethrower combo. Trusting your equipment to not fail you I think is very important to performing well under pressure in any situation and especially paintball where failure = pain/death. My gun gives me a 10 and my old cocker i would say around a 5 because in a tough situation you just might short stroke and your life is over.

elpimpo
06-30-2004, 03:40 AM
yall say that being outside cocky is a bad thing, but it helps me, cause i know that if i dont back it up people are going to give me a lot of crap, so i always back it up

painball
06-30-2004, 07:25 AM
About a 3. I shoot a 2k2 Angel LCD, it hasn't failed me in shooting like crap (hopefully it's current trip to TAG can fix that). The 3 is only for the intimidation factor it has on the weaklings. :)

TheTramp
06-30-2004, 09:12 AM
I put in 8-10 because if I have full trust that my gun will ALWAYS shoot paint when needed then I will focus all my mind on playing instead of worrying about wheather or not I'll be able to do my job.

When I use my E-Mag I have this complete trust. I really don't like the fact that I have to fill after every game but I have to say that I'm MORE THAN WILLING to deal with it because of that trust.

bleachit
06-30-2004, 09:35 AM
my confidence seems to be highest when I am shooting a stock marker(not stock as in stock class), as my 3 best games ever came when I was playing with a stock spyder sonix, stock classic mag, and a stock tippy 98(not a custom). I guess the simplicity lets me focus on my game.. For the record, I play woodsball almost exclusively

jesseyo13
06-30-2004, 10:46 AM
I would say 9. My first gun was a shutter. That thing used to chop so much I always wondered if I could even get out more than 2 a second. I was always worried that it would brake down again. Then about 1 month later I got my mag. WOW, it was great. Never broke down once and rarely chopped. My only problem came when a team showed up and played rec ball with us. I was easily out gunned. I stilled loved that mag, but I was in the market for something new about 8 months after getting my mag.
Next came my Ir3 fly and she was a fantastic. Light, very fast, only chopped about 1 out of 10 cases to date. When I walked on the field I felt like I owned the place. I was able to fill any spot and fling paint with the best of them. She never has any problems either so I know that I dont have to worry about that. I love you Ir3!

evan123
06-30-2004, 10:52 AM
My best friend had a tippy and it worked everytime he went and no offense to him if he is reading this but he sucked when he had it. Then he went and bought an angel and he was 500% better just because of that. He had more confidence in his playing and was doing superman dives when he wasn't doing them with his tippy a week before. It was amazing...

SlipknotX556
06-30-2004, 10:55 AM
My cofidence changed a whole lot. I had my emag, I really never wanted to try bunkering or making crazy runs to the 50, because of the fear of my emag chopping or having some issue(my emag had a lot of issues). I now own a 2k2 and once I fixed it up, I am more cofident to make moves and be more aggressive. Timmy is just faster then my emag was, I feel more comfortable making moves with it.

TheTramp
06-30-2004, 11:11 AM
My cofidence changed a whole lot. I had my emag, I really never wanted to try bunkering or making crazy runs to the 50, because of the fear of my emag chopping...

No L10 then I guess :(

SlipknotX556
06-30-2004, 11:31 AM
No L10 then I guess :(

O yes, LX. Always leaked and never worked.

bleachit
06-30-2004, 01:59 PM
I have a lvl 7 bolt.. the only time it chops is when I dont use my tsa...actually the same goes for my spyder..

Z-man
06-30-2004, 02:20 PM
10 for sure: does the marker influence me? I would not play paintball without it ;)

- I play to use my marker
- I play to shoot so fast that the other team soils themselves and are steamrolled during their paralysis of fear.
- I play for all the pbn children who say "teh Mag is suk" just so I can out run anyone who wants to actually race and not race their mouth.
- I play because I feel better bout myself as a man if I can empty 1500 round in a game. eliminating people is overrated.
- I play to look so cool when I shoot fast that all the girls either are waiting in my pickup when I come back or there are a pile of numbers on my windshield.
- I play because I might be on film!

68magOwner
06-30-2004, 02:24 PM
10, regardless of what some say about imps, i KNOW that nothing on the field wis performing better, i dont feel outgunned by anyone, its never chopped a ball (and people nock on SP vision, humph), its as fast or faster than ANY legal marker, and as fast as many wiht bounce, its got a mind of its own and will empty my halo before i even think about shooting, and with my custom milling/ano it looks better than anything else too :cool: i love it, wish it was shorter, but love it

Head knight of Ni
06-30-2004, 02:42 PM
10 I love my mag and its been a little testy at times. But I know that it gives me Eliminations whether it's at 1 bps or 8+ bps. I wouldn't trade it for anything. However that next upgrade always seems so vital. :ninja:

frontrunner
06-30-2004, 03:54 PM
10 i have only had it for a few months but i love my classic, i feel like i can run to the center bounce my mag of the prop and still have it shoot perfect as i work my way out of the mess i got my self in

Empyreal Rogue
06-30-2004, 05:38 PM
My marker's kind of intimidating looking so I guess it gives me quite some confidence. I voted 8 though because I haven't actually used it in a game yet. O_O I'm not sure how it will perform because I had a lot of problems when I first installed my ULT. I haven't shot it since I -think- I fixed my ULT.

If it performs as well as it looks then my confidence has to be like an 11 then. :D