PDA

View Full Version : Chest protector

HJSTOM2
06-30-2004, 09:01 AM
I am trying to get my wife to play paintball with me but she siad she would only play is she wore a chest protector. She doesn't want to take a shot in the chest :nono: So can anyone recommend a good one or does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks

lord1234
06-30-2004, 09:20 AM
go to ur local pb shop and buy one.

chairman_mao
06-30-2004, 09:24 AM
I've seen several women wearing the Redz chest/back protector. I'm not sure how much it actually helps though. It appears to be just a neoprean sheet. But what do I know?

oneworld
06-30-2004, 09:45 AM
when i first startded i had to have one to...so i bought one for 50$ that would actualy help me..not onley can you not feel a thing from 2 feet away..but if a ball hits you from 2 feet away it wont break..its a very nice jt bounce plate/chest protector..and i think i could let it go since i dont need it ne more... so lmk if you wanna buy it and what you think a fare price would be....i could get pics...its onley been worn like twice and a couple a times buy a friend...thanks :shooting: :bounce:

louie
06-30-2004, 11:42 AM
When my g/f plays paintball, she wears a padded bra, a shirt, jeans, and coveralls. She says its more than enough and the padded bras are very helpful. She's only really played in the spring/fall since she goes away for the summers, she says she woudln't wear the coveralls during the summer due to the heat.
The worst shot you'll ever get is probably your first one, there's nothing worse than not knowing what getting shot with a paintball feels like during your first time out. Maybe you take her to a backyard/local field and shoot her with a paintball (aim for non tender parts, for you sake)? Once she gets hit, she can determine how much padding/clothing she wants to wear. Tell her to keep in mind that its hot outside and she'll be running around all day.

RedBeard
06-30-2004, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure where they got it (and the store is no longer in business, so I can't ask) but a pb store around here used to have neat chest protector for women. It was almost like a molded plastic shell that protected the important parts...basically a hard shelled bra.

SpecialBlend2786
06-30-2004, 06:36 PM
When my g/f plays paintball, she wears a padded bra, a shirt, jeans, and coveralls. She says its more than enough and the padded bras are very helpful. She's only really played in the spring/fall since she goes away for the summers, she says she woudln't wear the coveralls during the summer due to the heat.

yep, same story here

she still shoots me out from time to time too :cry: :eek:

jesseyo13
06-30-2004, 07:37 PM
alot of girls at my field just wear 2 shirts and mabye a padded bra. Ive never asked them if they were padded bras but I imagine they do. They should make some niple covers, like the one janet jackson had ;)

Trina
06-30-2004, 09:16 PM
Maybe you take her to a backyard/local field and shoot her with a paintball (aim for non tender parts, for you sake)? Once she gets hit, she can determine how much padding/clothing she wants to wear. Tell her to keep in mind that its hot outside and she'll be running around all day.

OMG!!! NOoooooooo!!!! You may ruin it for her and she'll NEVER play! Don't forget it's the adrenaline rush that helps mask the pain. I know when I'm reffing a game and I get shot it stings just a tad bit more then if I had the rush going. You may just end up making her pissed at you.

I wear a sports bra and a baggy shirt. I've gotten shot in the chest many times over the six years I've been playing and I'd rather take a shot there anyday then the neck...LOL! ;) But whatever makes her comfortable...that's all that matters.

If she has any questions, please ask her to PM me, I'd love to talk to her! :D

louie
06-30-2004, 10:24 PM
OMG!!! NOoooooooo!!!! You may ruin it for her and she'll NEVER play! Don't forget it's the adrenaline rush that helps mask the pain. I know when I'm reffing a game and I get shot it stings just a tad bit more then if I had the rush going. You may just end up making her pissed at you.

I wear a sports bra and a baggy shirt. I've gotten shot in the chest many times over the six years I've been playing and I'd rather take a shot there anyday then the neck...LOL! ;) But whatever makes her comfortable...that's all that matters.

If she has any questions, please ask her to PM me, I'd love to talk to her! :D

Take the lady's advice over mine.

riooso
07-01-2004, 08:27 AM
My wife plays without a chest prtector. She go hit in the boob no big deal. She then went in for a mamogram and they found a speck and thought cancer. Turns out that the "speck" was from a pintball injury but they indicated that the thing is calcuim and will never go away. Something to think about.

Riooso

HJSTOM2
07-01-2004, 08:55 AM
Thanks everybody. I think I will get her a chest protector, have to check out the local pro shops.

PsychoBaller
07-01-2004, 09:01 AM
There is also a fairly new Mask by someone... forgot who makes it, but I saw it in a local shop the other day... pretty much like a Full Goalie setup, but as a Paintball mask....

I think it may have been JT... but its fully enclosed, no worry of getting hit (skin) anywheres from the neck up. Baskethead... or Casemask... something.

-baller

InexactMelissa
07-01-2004, 09:07 AM
I have taken a couple of boob hits recently, and with what I usually wear (regular bra, sports bra, t-shirt & jersey) I don't think that it hurts much more than any other hit. However, with all the compression going on in that area due to the doubled-up bras, the bruises tend to be really ugly. And since bruises are practically inevitable, I don't bother with lugging a chest protector around.

Dayspring
07-01-2004, 10:05 AM
So did Tommy do what we told him? "Daddy make ALL better. :D"

I have taken a couple of boob hits recently, and with what I usually wear (regular bra, sports bra, t-shirt & jersey) I don't think that it hurts much more than any other hit. However, with all the compression going on in that area due to the doubled-up bras, the bruises tend to be really ugly. And since bruises are practically inevitable, I don't bother with lugging a chest protector around.

InexactMelissa
07-01-2004, 10:09 AM
:nono: This is a family forum...keep it clean. :p