PDA

View Full Version : What goes on here?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
10-15-2001, 09:47 AM
I have never once been under the Deep Blue forum.
:) :) What do you talk 'bout here?:confused: :D

shartley
10-15-2001, 12:17 PM
Well, since Deep Blue was suppose to be a “DB Members Only” Forum, it does not do much of anything anymore. It has become a spillover from the main forum, and nothing more. And has lost all true meaning in its intended design.

The long time “Fight Club” and “DB” Members, seldom-to-never even post here… I wonder why (yes, being sarcastic.. but not inflammatory)?

This Forum was made from the original Fight Club, and if you do a quick search for that, you will see what it was all about. (Added link to a good Thread explaining it a bit: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8955) This could be a great thing again, but only if the Password Protection is put back in place, and it begins to be used for, and in, its original purpose. As with FC, I could care less if it actually IS or IS NOT… but if you are going to HAVE it, it should be used correctly, AND be set up correctly… things that it has not been since the new boards went up.

It is a real shame that Tom’s idea (and one that had so much effort put into it) has deteriorated into something FAR from its intended purpose. I for one am curious to know why… excuses run a bit thin this long after the system has been up and running.

I say, either DO it and DO IT RIGHT, or don’t do it at all…. The way it is now (and has been for FAR too long) is just not correct, or even close to what Tom had intended. Yes, I am a DB Member… I wonder if any other DB Members would like to know if it will EVER be fixed……

(Added AGAIN: I did some looking and here are some good links for great reading on FC! It brings back memories.. heehee....

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4464
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4252
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4242
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8956
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4203

And there are many more, BUT this gives you a good idea what has gone into the Deep Blue and why it needs to be fixed. Thank you. :))

MagUser4Life
10-16-2001, 02:05 AM
i agree with shartley. this forum should go back to members only. no offense to any of the people that have posted in here but the posts are just run of the mill type posts. this forum should be an experts only type thing. i for one miss the old days i was a big fan and looked forward to reading new posts

Cha0tic
10-16-2001, 04:53 AM
i think i am the only DB member that has actually posted here. that post was just a starting to a thread that i thought would bring good feedback.

this is just an extra main forum now. i would really like to see this forum "members only". there are so many new people that haven't even seen the real DB posts. we should bring it back, or at least give it a try.

Webmaster
10-16-2001, 08:34 AM
The reason DEEP BLUE has slacked off is from two things:

A) this is the ONLY forum, for what ever reason, that wasnt ported over when the site was upgrade. It didnt work, we dont know why. I need to manualy port the good posts over, and thats not a task I have gotten to yet.

B) Tom has been hellaciously busy trying to iron out problems with the emag and modular bodies and the super bolt and the 4500 flatline. God forbid Tom actually works. LOL. You have noticed while he is around, he hasnt stoked the fire with tech tips lately? Hes in the dungeon hammering stuff out.

So I do hope this place will pick back up - and maybe we can get more of the highend airsmiths and industry people back around.

Webmaster
10-16-2001, 08:44 AM
Oh and RE: Shartlys comments - he is right -there is no excuse that the board is not put back into proper operation.

But let me just enlighten you on a few things:

The Webmaster (thats me) has a full time job designing web sites that he puts in a good 50 hours a week or so into. He does take a break and moderates the forums about 2 times, maybe 3 times a day at work for 10 min or so.

He is planning for a wedding and is in the middle of designing custom invitations among other things.

He has chronic pain in his leg which sucks the soul out of him and makes him want to goto bed at 9pm instead of working on AO.

His fiance - oddly enough - wants to spend time with him, so he spends sometimes whole weekends doing things with her.

I suppose these are just excuses. And I am sorry to the members of AO. I WOULD like to do more. I have tshirt and mouse pad designs 1/2 finished. I have another site I am trying to work on for Tom that covers all aspects of the warp feed. I simply dont have the time to do what I would like to do, and what the site truely deserves. Maybe I am not the best person for the job, but I am all you have unless Tom decides to hire someone full time to work on web and marketing projects. Given the recent downturn in the economy, which has been further weakened witht he 9/11 bombings, I am sure that wont be happening for awhile, as AGD needs to run a tight ship to get through a recession (like any company).

So bear with me - Im slow but I will get there.

Cha0tic
10-16-2001, 09:53 AM
webby, since when do you have a life? we know you do everything you can in the time you have to do it. and we wouldn't want another webmaster here...

Temo Vryce
10-16-2001, 09:55 AM
I for one have never posted in here because it is supposed to be for DB members only, but after what Webmaster just said I thought that I should step up to the soap box and say something.

Webmaster you have done an excellent job with this website. I can only hope that Tom offers you the fulltime possition on Webmaster for all AGD pages. Most of us realise that you have other real life commitments and do everything for this page at once. You do more work for this site than most people realise, or will ever realise without trying to run a similar site. I for one thank you for the work that you have done and I hope that you will keep it in the future. If this forum need to stay public a little longer for you to be able to find the time to bring it back to what it was than we can wiat for you to do so, because we want the best, and that is what you have given this site. Please keep up the good work, and spend that time with your fiance, it's a good thing. :D

mr_cool2588
10-18-2001, 03:23 PM
I have not had this screen name for long but before I got my new cpu I enjoyed check DB because it was people that accualy knew what they were talking about and there was not all of the speculation like;
"I think that it is ok to run N2 through an x-chamber.
to me it is as easy as if you are not sure of what you are posting don't post it.

If they had the password I would not be posting this right now but that is O.K. because I then would have some where to find goos imformation, not every one elses speculation that they have just read off of other people's speculation.

Hope you share my feelings, hope they get this forum working properly again.

Ityl
11-13-2001, 03:45 PM
I didn't know this forum was even going until I checked it. I like the idea of industry people and airsmiths being only allowed to discuss questions presented by the regular people. But I like the idea of a forum which discusses more theory that anyone can post upon.

aztecminds
11-13-2001, 04:20 PM
Webmaster: I'm sure this site means more to some people than we give it credit for. I, my self, am a very busy person. I have been a guest on this site for quite a while. I only recently became a member. I will like to give a heart felt thanks for this place. I can be a part of it, know matter how busy I am, how mad the wife is, or if my boss wants to kill me, Automags Online will always put a big ol' grin on my masked face!!! Thanks