PDA

View Full Version : Tac-One Gripings and Questions

_tMAN
06-30-2004, 05:32 PM
Ok,
I finally got the money together for a T1 and I found out it changed. There is a differnt rail on there now, looks like an Emag rail to me. But it makes the gun look ugly as hell. Is it true of is it just me?

Didn't it used to have an old regular rail?
like this?
http://store.airgun.com/images/product/large/lg_198.jpg

This is the new picture
http://store.airgun.com/images/product/large/lg_379.jpg

personally the new rail makes it look bigger than it used to. Anybody else think so?

RRfireblade
06-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Sorry, I like the new rail.

If that's what it currently ships with, I don't know.

vf-xx
06-30-2004, 05:37 PM
Emag Wingless rail! WOOT!

Um, if you want I can clean up my standard rail and trade you for the wingless rail if you like.

_tMAN
06-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Guess I'm the only one that doesn't like it. But I'll probably buy it and trade it for a Rogue Rail or something

Doobie
06-30-2004, 06:12 PM
The new rail is milled so you can mount a flashlight under the barrel and in front of the foregrip. Shaweet! :D

punkncat
06-30-2004, 07:55 PM
I think the new rail gives it a meatier look. Its better fo-sho :headbang:

Lohman446
06-30-2004, 08:02 PM
I think the new wingless e-mag rail is the standard rail, I think you will find all AGD markers come with them now. In fact I'm staring at one right now that has it on it that I just got recently

GrassNinja
06-30-2004, 08:24 PM
speaking of Tac one, does anyone have a picture of a Tac One body all decked out

_tMAN
06-30-2004, 08:49 PM
I miss the old rails, whatever, now I guess I have to get frymarker to make me some inserts for the rail :)

sneakyhacker420
06-30-2004, 09:12 PM
oooooo i like the new rail... AGD needs to make a tac-one sticker where the e-mag logo is supposed to go :)

TDonovan
06-30-2004, 09:34 PM
I think the new wingless e-mag rail is the standard rail, I think you will find all AGD markers come with them now. In fact I'm staring at one right now that has it on it that I just got recently

ALL agd guns come with these? NUTS! I wanted to order an rt pro, but I don't want a meatier rail on it.

Does it weigh the same and keep the same low profile? Or does it just look bigger.

Lohman446
06-30-2004, 09:48 PM
The one that I would think is the wingless e-mag rail is actually about the same size width wise as the old AM/MM rail - and longer of course. I may be wrong, the newest thing I have from AGD is a touch on the side of one of type

krafty
06-30-2004, 10:09 PM
Keep in mind that this also standardizes on/off pin lengths between all current AGD markers. Instead of having to deal with two different lengths depending on what rail you have, now they can just get all the new pins in one length.

All about simplicity.

_tMAN
07-01-2004, 10:02 AM
that is a good point krafty,
I guess I'll just get used to the looks, oh well :)

veteranmag
07-09-2004, 09:31 AM
I just bought a TacOne and can confirm that it came with the new rail. I like it very much. It's similar to Rogue's "wingless" Emag rail. Simple, clean design and lighter than the standard emag rail.

Also, two nice improvements are: (1) dovetail mounting rail on the front bottom of the rail, and (2) there are two sets of holes in the rail to position the front grip: close to the trigger, as pictured, and further out (about 1.5-2" - which I feel is more comfortable to hold).