PDA

View Full Version : Epic marker...no bolt???

mixwell2
07-01-2004, 01:48 AM
Hey everyone.

I just got back from Hollywood sports park in Bellflower and one of the ref's was telling me about a marker she uses called the Epic She said that it is new and has NO BOLT!! Comes in both mech and electro.
The subject came up when I was telling a few players how the L10 bolt works. These players could not believe that the "Mag Blender" wasn't chopping their house paint
Has anyone here heard of this marker??

Just curious the whole NO BOLT thing sparked my intrest

Blazestorm
07-01-2004, 01:50 AM
It has a trap-door that opens and shuts quickly allowing a burst of air to propel the ball...

Flawed design, nobody liked it, cost around 700 for a mechanical version and NOBODY buys them.

I almost feel sorry for Epic :bounce:

mixwell2
07-01-2004, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the reply...we are opening a shop in L.A. and she wanted us to stock it Said it was the greatest gun ever!!! :sleeping:

SpecialBlend2786
07-01-2004, 02:02 AM
I read about it in APG awhile ago. Neat idea.

FooTemps
07-01-2004, 02:02 AM
If you want to stock a boltless marker, talk to the guy who made the alien. It's still not in full production but I'm sure he's looking for dealers.

Head knight of Ni
07-01-2004, 02:22 AM
The Epics not new. It's been around and it does sound interesting. In an article in PB2X Linda Ambler (senario player) wrote that it shot pretty well and was a sound marker. Sounded cool but not my thing. :ninja:

Head knight of Ni
07-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Ha found an old isuee of APG. January '03 with two Epics on the front cover.

Ice Paintball.com (http://www.icepaintball.com)

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
07-01-2004, 08:10 AM
i heard there were a few problems with people that have used it, cant get a high rof?

jesseyo13
07-01-2004, 09:09 AM
There are a few problems with it right off the bat for me. THe recharge rate is 45ms. That is extremly slow. Angels can be set at 11ms to 20ms. The max input presure is 800 psi. They are a ton of tanks that are preset at 850. 700$ for a mech? No wonder no one like them.

Hairball
07-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Epic site (www.icepaintball.com)

I want to shoot one, just because they look so cool. I didn't know they had the electro grip out yet.

The Action Figure
07-01-2004, 09:54 AM
http://www.icepaintball.com/_derived/markers2.htm_txt_doubleblack2.gif = ugly

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-01-2004, 10:11 AM
yea that thing isn't really pleasing to the eye

Hairball
07-01-2004, 10:18 AM
I like how it looks. :p

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-01-2004, 10:54 AM
I like how it looks. :p
well than go buy it and tell us how well it performs :p

brianlojeck
07-01-2004, 11:27 AM
wow, another lefty at HSP, I was starting to think I was the only one by the way I always seem to be left alone on the left side of the field, trying to hold back the entire other side's right-handed division with my KP. ;-)

Chronobreak
07-01-2004, 11:28 AM
i heard yes heard that these things were slow....il take the fact that theve been out for 5 years :tard: or so and ive never seeon one in real life acct for something......

afultz075
07-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Those Epics seem like a cool idea and all, but if I had to shell out $700 for a mech i'd take a Blazer or another RT any day.

jpdgas
07-01-2004, 02:17 PM
They are actually much better than you may think. They arent a flawed design, just a different idea, which is the way progress comes about (just ask AGD)

My teammate has one, and I love it. The trigger is the cleanest, crispest (its a word now) trigger on a mech marker that ive ever felt. It is very consistent as long as your paint/barrel match is good. very small and lite, and mechanically simple. Customer service is awesome, and you can actually pick them up for about 450 from the manufacturer. I'd pick one up if I didn't love my mag so much.

The downside is rof, which isnt a downside for me. It peaks at around 7-9bps i believe, which is fine for me, since i play scenario and I don't have the need to spray paint. If rof is your main goal, this isn't for you. But if you like reliability and innovation, i suggest trying it. They can be found at SC Village to try out most weekends, just ask!

Spartan X
07-01-2004, 02:37 PM
They are actually much better than you may think. They arent a flawed design, just a different idea, which is the way progress comes about (just ask AGD)

My teammate has one, and I love it. The trigger is the cleanest, crispest (its a word now) trigger on a mech marker that ive ever felt. It is very consistent as long as your paint/barrel match is good. very small and lite, and mechanically simple. Customer service is awesome, and you can actually pick them up for about 450 from the manufacturer. I'd pick one up if I didn't love my mag so much.

The downside is rof, which isnt a downside for me. It peaks at around 7-9bps i believe, which is fine for me, since i play scenario and I don't have the need to spray paint. If rof is your main goal, this isn't for you. But if you like reliability and innovation, i suggest trying it. They can be found at SC Village to try out most weekends, just ask!

beat me to it.

Alot of the guys above do not know much about what they are talking about. I've been following the epic for 2 years now. The electro version is not out yet cause they want to perfect the disign and work on advertising some more.

The epic can handle 15 bps if you can shoot it. It sells for $450 and they have sales some times for $400. It's VERY light and very small and compact. It make s agreat Rec baller gun or a lender. if it were cheaper it would be better then a tippmann for rentals.

More improvments are coming for the epic this year, you will see them on my epic that I'll be bringing to IAO. Look for me in the Brass Eagle Owners group, I'll be the tallest in the group. I'll be there tuesday evening to sunday.

mixwell2
07-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Thanks Guys for the input. Just like anything else we will need to shoot it to get a good impression on it. I think the ref meant $750 for the electro when it is available.
So to sum up your opinions.
Pros: reliable, good customer service, sweet trigger, inexpensive

Cons: "slow" rate of fire 9-10 BPS, looks are very you like it or don't

I will try to find someone at SC who let let me shoot it.

thanks again guys for all your input

mixwell2
07-01-2004, 03:58 PM
wow, another lefty at HSP, I was starting to think I was the only one by the way I always seem to be left alone on the left side of the field, trying to hold back the entire other side's right-handed division with my KP. ;-)

yeah i know what you mean. I was holding off the whole left side including the zipper and the middle left. The ref counted 10 kills including 2 "banzi runs" at me. That little car/wagon became my best friend.

Target Practice
07-01-2004, 05:00 PM
http://www.icepaintball.com/_derived/markers2.htm_txt_doubleblack2.gif = ugly

Whoa! Nice Shocker!
:tard:

brianlojeck
07-01-2004, 05:03 PM
yeah i know what you mean. I was holding off the whole left side including the zipper and the middle left. The ref counted 10 kills including 2 "banzi runs" at me. That little car/wagon became my best friend.

well, I can say this for sure, you're a hell of a lot better then I am. ;-)

on that side, on that field, I usually make it to the near side of the zipper, maybe get a kill, and eventually get pasted by all the semi-auto guys sitting in the zipper waiting for me.

mixwell2
07-01-2004, 07:06 PM
well, I can say this for sure, you're a hell of a lot better then I am. ;-)

on that side, on that field, I usually make it to the near side of the zipper, maybe get a kill, and eventually get pasted by all the semi-auto guys sitting in the zipper waiting for me.

that zipper is a killing box. Let them come to you and you'll be the one doing the pasting

We are going again on Thursday. Send me an Email if you want to meet up

FragTek
07-01-2004, 07:51 PM
I thought about purchasing one of these for the sole purpose of interest... The design itself intrigues me to the point of purchase, almost....

I would have to assume that there is ZERO recoil since there isn't a bolt. Anyone know how efficient they are? I may end up buying one just for grins to see how I like the design.

Anyone have a vid of one of these in action? Or a test fire vid?

p8ntball72
07-01-2004, 08:04 PM
I have posted these before..take a look :shooting: :dance:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=747927#post747927

personman
07-01-2004, 08:15 PM
I would have to assume that there is ZERO recoil since there isn't a bolt.
Not nessicarily ZERO, but I bet there is very little. The ball still has to leave the barrel which causes a little kick, especially with all that air behind it. But yeah it probably doesnt have much kick at all.

FragTek
07-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Let's equate the word zero to the marker with the least amount of kick on the market.

jpdgas
07-01-2004, 10:11 PM
There is hardly any kick at all. I am pretty sure that it is more efficiant than my mag, but don't hold me to it.

Spartan X
07-01-2004, 10:42 PM
The epic has the least amount of kick out of any paintball gun because the only moving part other then the trigger is the trap door witch is a very small peice of delrin.

You could say, The epic is the most accurate gun made cause it has the least kick.

The efficiancy is actually the same as a Mag. because it uses a Dump spool valve.